Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Octopus Go tariff and off peak options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am preparing for the arrival of my Model 3 LR AWD. Its due to arrive end of March. Will be looking to install the Ohme wall charger within the next couple of weeks and now looking at my energy supplier. From my research it looks like the Octopus Go will be the best tariff for me, 4 hours nightly charge will provide approx 100 miles of range, so over 2-3 nights I can get back to 90% even after a long trip as well as my daily commute. I would be willing to have a 5 hr off-peak for 5.5p just for the additional flexibility it would provide.

I don't have a smart meter so I might have left switching a little late.

Would anyone be willing to share their referral code?

In your messages :), from my experience I would recommend the extra flexibility of the 5hrs, I do around 100 miles per working day.

Reactions: Roy W.
We've been on a smart meter with Bulb who've been promising an odd peak rate since Sept 19 but it's never materialised.
Had a hunt around yesterday and Orbit are offering a tariff of 10.98p for electricity do for anyone who needs to charge anytime or can't be bothered with timing charges that looks handy.

In your messages :), from my experience I would recommend the extra flexibility of the 5hrs, I do around 100 miles per working day.

Definitely horses for courses ... the 5 hour slots would cost me a little more .. but still fabulous value and allowing for that higher regular use. If I had a Model S or X with higher consumption I would certainly consider it.

We've been on a smart meter with Bulb who've been promising an odd peak rate since Sept 19 but it's never materialised.
Had a hunt around yesterday and Orbit are offering a tariff of 10.98p for electricity do for anyone who needs to charge anytime or can't be bothered with timing charges that looks handy.
"Odd"? Off peak obvs!

Hi ladies and gents. Anyone know whether you can add a referral code retrospectively? Signed up last night but completely forgot about it!

mid the answer is yes then I’ll use the first one who DM’s me their code :)
I’m sure if you email or ring them and tell them you forgot, they will add it for you. Let me know if you have a problem! DM sent ;)

Reactions: Adopado
No car yet, hopefully pick it up at the end of March, just had the charger fitted too :) only a Podpoint though, didn't realise you couldn't schedule charge
Not long now then. ;)

You can schedule the start of charge on the car, but not an end time as well. I just work on the basis of adding 10% charge per hour at 7kW and set the charge end % on the Tesla app. So I can add up to 50% per night at cheap rate. (10% an hour for LR M3).

Not long now then. ;)

You can schedule the start of charge on the car, but not an end time as well. I just work on the basis of adding 10% charge per hour at 7kW and set the charge end % on the Tesla app. So I can add up to 50% per night at cheap rate. (10% an hour for LR M3).
yes that is exactly how I have been doing it as well though I find it just under 10% with my charger so I go for about 38% in my 4 GO hours which is more than enough most of the time.

On the ball as always Roy. I’ll see what they can do. You may have a pleasant surprise in your account if it goes through ;)
If you use their app there is an option in there to add a referral code retrospectively and is exactly what I did, and got an immediate email confirming.

Have nothing but good things to say about Octopus so far, our transition to their super green tariff has been smooth and painless :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
If you use their app there is an option in there to add a referral code retrospectively and is exactly what I did, and got an immediate email confirming.

Have nothing but good things to say about Octopus so far, our transition to their super green tariff has been smooth and painless :)

Where is this on the app? If someone can tell me and let me have a referral code, I would be very grateful.