Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New renderings of storage space and 2nd row seats! (9/15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I have no intention of ever getting a Model X since I just dont like SUVs/CUVs. They all seem far larger on the outside then they are on the inside. Yet when it comes to discussion of storage space shouldnt the Frunk also always be considered with any Tesla?

Using that picture that Tesla provided today, my best guesstimate, using the 22" inch wheels as size markers, it looks like the Model X will have approximately 77" inches of storage front to back, which is what the Model S has. Plus the Model X has more vertical storage at the back and a lot more vertical storage at the front (by the second row seats since there is room all the way to the floor there).
The wheels of the bike are probably 28". And by the picture, I doubt that you could quite get two of them lying flat in a row, but *maybe*. That makes the space behind the second row 50-55". That's not acceptable in my book. I can fit stuff up to around 70" in my i30 CW, more if I move the front passanger seat all the way forward and tilt the seat back forward. And that's not an SUV.

Well, seems to have plenty of space for my needs. Then, again, I don't go surfing here in MN.

I didn't realize people who routinely haul things that wouldn't fit in this Model X configuration would use something other than a pick-up to do so. Learn something new everyday, I guess.
Two kids, two dogs. Let's go somewhere for a week. Bring the dogs and some bags. Oh, and the kids (because in the pictures at the top of this thread no one is able to sit in the 2nd row seats).
No, this is not about surf boards and ply-wood and stuff. This is about the 'U' in CUV. Utility.
And no, I don't want to take a pick-up to go on vacation.

The wheels of the bike are probably 28". And by the picture, I doubt that you could quite get two of them lying flat in a row, but *maybe*. That makes the space behind the second row 50-55". That's not acceptable in my book. I can fit stuff up to around 70" in my i30 CW, more if I move the front passanger seat all the way forward and tilt the seat back forward. And that's not an SUV.

No, no, no, the 22" wheels are the CAR wheels, not the bike wheels. We have no idea how big the bike wheels are. I used the picture with the boxes to make these calculations.

Yet when it comes to discussion of storage space shouldnt the Frunk also always be considered with any Tesla?
It matters when talking about total carrying capacity. Not the carrying capacity for large/long items.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no, no, the 22" wheels are the CAR wheels, not the bike wheels. We have no idea how big the bike wheels are. I used the picture with the boxes to make these calculations.
The angle makes it extremely hard to get a good estimate in that picture. 50-55" is probably a lot closer to the truth.

Two kids, two dogs. Let's go somewhere for a week. Bring the dogs and some bags. Oh, and the kids (because in the pictures at the top of this thread no one is able to sit in the 2nd row seats).
No, this is not about surf boards and ply-wood and stuff. This is about the 'U' in CUV. Utility.
And no, I don't want to take a pick-up to go on vacation.
Ummm, what CUV or SUV allows the second row to fold flat and put kids in it. I think in the 4 human configuration the storage is pretty comparable here with other models, is it not?

Please, let's keep this thing at least loosely reality based. This isn't a GOP presidential debate...

Nor has anyone been forced to buy this vehicle........ I think if you are convinced that it is gimmicky from the start why do you not just get something else....... It's beyond me how so many of us here on the forums complain about things that are personal needs and /or tastes. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Ummm, what CUV or SUV allows the second row to fold flat and put kids in it. I think in the 4 human configuration the storage is pretty comparable here with other models, is it not?
Better with the deeper area (and then think about the frunk)!
Remember it is taller than the Model S so stack higher to ceiling/roof.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/v4aGDJH.png
v4aGDJH.png

Nor has anyone been forced to buy this vehicle........ I think if you are convinced that it is gimmicky from the start why do you not just get something else....... It's beyond me how so many of us here on the forums complain about things that are personal needs and /or tastes. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Speaking strictly for myself, the issue is that I'd kinda like to see Tesla succeed and inject some life into the automotive industry. They're not going to do that by shooting themselves in the foot.