Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New soft closing door kit for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get your stuff? I can give you their WhatsApp if that helps? DM me.

I received everything, thank you Rayminster. Once I ordered from T.O., everything arrived with in 1 week. I'm extremely happy with their service.

Soft closers have been installed (extra soundproofing too). Will tackle frunk auto opener this weekend. Pics to follow.

Just happened across this thread again now that I've got my MS and I'm tempted to buy but with the issues you guys are having with tracking and shipping I'm a little reluctant.

I've read the whole post but want to be double triple sure.

Is the AliExpress kit 100% the same as what TeslaOffer shows in their install videos? read that it is, but want to confirm.

Also how many of you got their kits from AE, and how long did it take to show up?
Any US Buyers get theirs already?
And I saw someone mention discount from the seller, what is that all about?

thanks in advance.

Hey All - I bought the soft close and frunk kit from TeslaOffer.

I received my order within 5 business days and I live in Ca.

I’m glad I paid extra to buy the kit from TeslaOffer as I ran into issues and Warren was very prompt in addressing my problems and replacing a defective soft close unit.

Aside from the immediate help, these come with a 2yr warranty from TeslaOffer.

I’m not sure what the price difference is between TeslaOffer or AliExpress, but for me having the ability to call/text for help and get a response within 12hours if not immediate was worth it.

In re to installation it took me 2days. I spent a good portion of the day dynamatting the doors. And as I mentioned, one of the soft close unit after completing the install did not hold the door shut, so I ended up having to take everything apart and reinstalling the oem latch.

One of the rear latch was adjusted incorrectly and didn’t allow the door to even close.

As for the frunk install I had issues with programming the actuators and they helped resolved but we are still working on another issue.

overall I’m actually really happy with the experience and would buy again from them.

hope this helps others who are contemplating about purchasing between the 2 sources.

the other thing I can’t verify is that TeslaOffer includes the oem plug adapter so everything is plug and play, not sure if the AliExpress requires splicing it t connects to tap into the OEM harness.

My major concern is the frunk. There a soft close would be really helpful. I saw the frunk kit for the facelift version, but I would really only need the lock which „sucks“ the frunk hood.
Has anybody seen something for this?

My major concern is the frunk. There a soft close would be really helpful. I saw the frunk kit for the facelift version, but I would really only need the lock which „sucks“ the frunk hood.
Has anybody seen something for this?

You could buy the kit and just install the softclose motor. The hood actuator is optional if you don't want it - they are independent. The soft close motor seems to be universal in a sense that you replace the spring and add on the latch mechanism.

Hope this helps.

Finally installed my softclose doors. Everything was pretty simple and delievey only took 1 week from boringmod. Only hard part was to make sure wires does not hit the window when rolling down.
I love them and would totally recommend them. Opening and closing the doors also feels alot more soild.

Attachments

• 20191119_200626.jpg
    20191119_200626.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 20191119_200620.jpg
    20191119_200620.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 150
What happened when someone *sugar* the door hard as normal?....,does it have a detent to stop the slamming then retract the door?...sim to model x
based on the youtube videos of it in action, it performs just like factory OEM soft close on the X and on other makes: The door simply fully shuts all at once/like a non soft close door shuts.

Breathing some life into this thread….

I’ve searched and I don’t know enough about the hardware or vehicle differences. Maybe someone can help me out and tell me if there is a soft-close option for 2021 Model S?

I would REALLY like this. I hate how the doors close on the model S. Plus the annoying half-closes all the time when trying to not slam it too hard.