Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Mine was a pest.

I actually asked my neighbors to come over after trying to pair my car to the remote for 30 mins or so. Figured leave someone clicking the search button the garage door opener.

My neighbor walks into the garage and looks up at the motor. I try the link button yet again. It works!

So, find a neighbor and have them simply look at your garage door motor. Should do the trick ;)

Haha! I re programmed it from outside the garage and it works great now. The gps radius is very precise. I now get the menu to show up as I roll down the street instead of at the end of the drive way.

Hopefully I pick my 70d up on Tuesday, I stopped by the Orlando location yesterday and was playing with the range calculators and noticed that the 70d shows more city range under certain conditions compared to the other 2 options, can this be right???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 623
Hopefully I pick my 70d up on Tuesday, I stopped by the Orlando location yesterday and was playing with the range calculators and noticed that the 70d shows more city range under certain conditions compared to the other 2 options, can this be right???

Yeah, totally possible and accurate it seems. It is the most efficient of all models at this point, even more so than the 60 it seems. At lower more common city speeds you can achieve the best mileage mainly due to the lower weight of less batteries. 15Kw of batteries weight quite a bit, the smaller motors weigh less (than P85), and the 70D performs well but draws less power at starts (it is limited) by software. Pretty interesting comparisons!

+1 to what travwill said. Also real world kWh reports from 70d owners seems to confirm it. Even on freeways if you are a 55mph sort of a person, 70d is probably going to be the same range as 85d. A lot of people don't realize this, but when you are doing 55mph, you never have to brake :). I wish they had that calculation thing online though. They used to.

Just got my VIN, 94048 and my 70D now in production queue for July delivery. Ordered 06/07 and Confirmed 06/14.

Cool! I ordered the Same Date and it auto confirmed 06/14. Interesting though at the Sales Office, they say you can confirm earlier by pressing on the "Confirm" button. So I ordered online on 06/07 and press the "Confirm" button on 06/09. It really didn't confirm other than the button went away. I guess I had to wait for that 7 days autoconfirm like everyone else.

My VIN, i think this is it 94090

I guess I have to wait for license plate in order to register for the HOV lane?

Another quick question - for you guys that just are taking delivery also, that also got the premium interior & lighting package - say built last week of May forward -

1. Do you have leather on your dash lower section or alcantara? They switched to leather on the dash which I hope we are getting (unless you like alcantara there too).

Thanks!

Another quick question - for you guys that just are taking delivery also, that also got the premium interior & lighting package - say built last week of May forward -

1. Do you have leather on your dash lower section or alcantara? They switched to leather on the dash which I hope we are getting (unless you like alcantara there too).

Thanks!

Took delivery on Friday, I got alcantara, and that's what I was hoping for.

Took delivery today around 5PM of my new 70D. Will look to post more detailed feedback on the car in next day or so when I use it a little more, etc. But in short for now:

- it seems much nicer now that I've spent more time with it, definitely different!
- i'm a fit guy, 6', 195/200, and it is snug getting in and out, rubbing the next gen seat bolsters - may have to set an exit scheme to use sometimes. hope they add where it just does it if home/work automatically since that is a lot of time.
- i'm completely happy with the sound system (UHF). sounds great, playing slacker best quality, good managed bass delivery, high treble notes, etc.
- the autopilot was pretty awesome in the 5 miles home from service center on freeway with back to back traffic (Chicago). At setting of 1, it kept perfect distance from car in front of me, wasn't TOO jerky in starts/stops (could improve). i feel that it may make me look like a jerk sometimes where the car gets off in front of me and others are merging on - it picks up speed an closes the gap, ha, thus cutting off person getting on.
- have to get used to the buttons/cruise/stalks/steering but that will be 2nd nature in no time. very easy already i can see.
- I really DO like the solid white, non metallic. It is bright, extremely shiny, and a beautiful sporty color (is white a color?) for sure! i applied some aquapel to my front windshield today (love that stuff) and a coat of polymer backfire wet diamond (also awesome stuff and easy). looks even wetter/shinier (sp) now.
- Even the charge port is cool, just opens/closes automatically, and you can also touch the corner of it if you don't have a tesla product to charge with and still opens now.
- Oh, and I do have LTE - seems plenty fast in nav, audio, etc.

take care and hope everyone with theirs on order gets them delivered soon! was a great experience up to this point, although a hard wait!

-T

Took delivery today around 5PM of my new 70D. Will look to post more detailed feedback on the car in next day or so when I use it a little more, etc. But in short for now:

- it seems much nicer now that I've spent more time with it, definitely different!
- i'm a fit guy, 6', 195/200, and it is snug getting in and out, rubbing the next gen seat bolsters - may have to set an exit scheme to use sometimes. hope they add where it just does it if home/work automatically since that is a lot of time.
- i'm completely happy with the sound system (UHF). sounds great, playing slacker best quality, good managed bass delivery, high treble notes, etc.
- the autopilot was pretty awesome in the 5 miles home from service center on freeway with back to back traffic (Chicago). At setting of 1, it kept perfect distance from car in front of me, wasn't TOO jerky in starts/stops (could improve). i feel that it may make me look like a jerk sometimes where the car gets off in front of me and others are merging on - it picks up speed an closes the gap, ha, thus cutting off person getting on.
- have to get used to the buttons/cruise/stalks/steering but that will be 2nd nature in no time. very easy already i can see.
- I really DO like the solid white, non metallic. It is bright, extremely shiny, and a beautiful sporty color (is white a color?) for sure! i applied some aquapel to my front windshield today (love that stuff) and a coat of polymer backfire wet diamond (also awesome stuff and easy). looks even wetter/shinier (sp) now.
- Even the charge port is cool, just opens/closes automatically, and you can also touch the corner of it if you don't have a tesla product to charge with and still opens now.
- Oh, and I do have LTE - seems plenty fast in nav, audio, etc.

take care and hope everyone with theirs on order gets them delivered soon! was a great experience up to this point, although a hard wait!

-T

Wow! That seems fast! I ordered a 70D on 5/7 and confirmed right away. VIN is 88667 and my car is still being built. How long did yours take to get to Chicago?

Greg, did your 70D have next generation seats? My 70D has regular seats. Confirmed on May 28th and has been completed and is in transit.

It does. I stopped by the SC today to get a quote on trading in my current car and spoke with the delivery guy. Looks like my car should make it here by the end of the month. The Tesla website really lags behind the current state of the car. Mine says it's still being built, but it's on the lot waiting to be loaded on a truck.

Hi guys. First post. Just wanted to share the details of my ordered 70D.

Order placed: 06/01
Confirmed: 06/08
VIN#: 93394
Current Status: In Production (updated today)
Estimated Delivery: Late July (as per website)

- Midnight Silver Metallic
- Pano roof
- Standard black seats
- Piano black decor
- Black Alcantara Headliner
- Premium Interior
- Rear facing Seats

Needless to say, the wait is killing me. I'm almost done reading the owner's manual for the second time. :p