Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed some functionality is different depending on if you are using Android or iOS version.

Android has Homelink on the Controls but is missing the Vent option. iOS has the Vent option on Controls but is missing Homelink.
Yes!!! Noticed this exact same thing between my wife's iPhone and my Galaxy Z Fold3.

Fortunately the Android app now resizes to the correct aspect ratio on the large internal screen on my Fold. Previously, it would just stretch the app and show a gigantic image of the car on 3/4 of the screen and the menus below would only take one very small portion of the screen.

I also noticed that my wife's iPhone has the store merchandise (accessories, software upgrades, parts and apparel) right there on the "Upgrades" menu, but on Android, when I click the blue "Shop" button, it opens Chrome and takes me to the online Store 😒, it's just a hyperlink, not even an in-app browser... Is this the same for you David?

Is there a way to show or toggle between miles and percent in the app on charging or is it dictated by which one you have selected in the car? (I.e. mirroring the car selection)

Ski
Apparently if you have miles selected in the car it shows miles in the app. If you have percent selected in the car it mirrors percent in the app. No way to toggle one to the other in the app.

Ski

Yes!!! Noticed this exact same thing between my wife's iPhone and my Galaxy Z Fold3.

Fortunately the Android app now resizes to the correct aspect ratio on the large internal screen on my Fold. Previously, it would just stretch the app and show a gigantic image of the car on 3/4 of the screen and the menus below would only take one very small portion of the screen.

I also noticed that my wife's iPhone has the store merchandise (accessories, software upgrades, parts and apparel) right there on the "Upgrades" menu, but on Android, when I click the blue "Shop" button, it opens Chrome and takes me to the online Store 😒, it's just a hyperlink, not even an in-app browser... Is this the same for you David?
Hmm. I don't see the Shop button under Upgrades. When I go to Upgrades and then Accessories, it pulls up items and has an Add button right in the app. I can view cart, etc. I'm not seeing it launch Chrome. Do you know what version of Android you have?

I uninstalled the app, reloaded it, and got to a screen that says “ let’s get started “ and then it says your access is denied. It’s hard to see on the screen but you can barely see it in the upper left corner under the gray screen.

Attachments

• 2984DEBA-C17D-4DD8-870C-F9506238834F.png
    2984DEBA-C17D-4DD8-870C-F9506238834F.png
    811.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 5A3AE6A6-1369-437D-A82B-B321B09B7EC5.png
    5A3AE6A6-1369-437D-A82B-B321B09B7EC5.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: SoCal Buzz
I don't see the Shop button under Upgrades. When I go to Upgrades and then Accessories
Interesting...

I don't have the Accessories box in Upgrades, just the Software Upgrades:

Screenshot_20210827-105530_Tesla.jpg

And if I click on Software Upgrades, I get the "Shop" hyperlink that opens the Tesla Store in Chrome:

Screenshot_20210827-105551_Tesla.jpg

Do you know what version of Android you have?

I do, I'm running an Alpha build of One UI 4, so Android 12, on my phone (I work at the Mobile division at Samsung 😬), but I think it has to do more with the way Tesla provisioned my Tesla Account on the app, than with the Android version on my Fold3. Especially considering you (and my wife) have the Accessories box under the Upgrades menu.

Also, no widget love for Android :oops:.

By the way, as @davezforce mentioned, it would be nice if pre-Palladium Model S and X had their real seat and trim configuration displayed under the Climate menu, just like Model 3 and Y. Although I read that your app shows your Plaid with the wood trim instead of the Carbon Fiber 😒.

I was also able to see when the sunroof of my Model S was open or in the vent position on the little Model S representation on the homescreen of the previous app, but on the new app, the car's representation now shows my Model S' roof with the All Glass Roof, and it doesn't animate regardless of the state of the car's actual sunroof position. I have the vent button on the Controls menu, which in fact vents the sunroof, it's just no longer reflected on the animated Model S on the homescreen.

Hope all these things get updated on future app releases📲.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Interesting...

View attachment 702084

And if I click on Software Upgrades, I get the "Shop" hyperlink that opens the Tesla Store in Chrome:

View attachment 702086

I do, I'm running an Alpha build of One UI 4, so Android 12, on my phone (I work at the Mobile division at Samsung 😬), but I think it has to do more with the way Tesla provisioned my Tesla Account on the app, than with the Android version on my Fold3. Especially considering my wife (and you) have the Accessories box under the Upgrades menu.

By the way, as @davezforce mentioned, it would be nice if pre-Palladium Model S and X had their real seat and trim configuration displayed under the Climate menu, just like Model 3 and Y. Although I read that your app shows your Plaid with the wood trim instead of the Carbon Fiber 😒.

I was also able to see on the previous app when the sunroof of my Model S was open or in the vent position, but the new app shows my car's roof as the All Glass Roof, which doesn't move regardless of the actual state of the car's sunroof. Hope all these things get updated on future app releases📲.
Interesting. That's not what we see on our Android tablet. We haven't installed it on our Samsung Android phones yet. Our 2017 Model S 100D still shows correctly with the sunroof that can be vented, fortunately. Yes, the Plaid shows the wrong trim. The Model Y does show the white interior but the S100D still shows as black interior. Hopefully they'll update the features/configurations to be more accurate in future releases!

Let us know if you ever need product beta testers. ;) Erik upgrades his Galaxy phone almost every year and I usually get his hand-me-downs. lol

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
Interesting...

View attachment 702084

View attachment 702086

I do, I'm running an Alpha build of One UI 4, so Android 12, on my phone (I work at the Mobile division at Samsung 😬), but I think it has to do more with the way Tesla provisioned my Tesla Account on the app, than with the Android version on my Fold3. Especially considering you (and my wife) have the Accessories box under the Upgrades menu.

I was also able to see when the sunroof of my Model S was open or in the vent position on the little Model S representation on the homescreen of the previous app, but on the new app, the car's representation now shows my Model S' roof with the All Glass Roof, and it doesn't animate regardless of the state of the car's actual sunroof position. I have the vent button on the Controls menu, which in fact vents the sunroof, it's just no longer reflected on the animated Model S on the homescreen.

Hope all these things get updated on future app releases📲.
@Art VandeIay is the interior color display just for the plaid s/x y&3? Or is our older cars just configured wrong. When I pulled some config info on mine it lists my interior as all black instead of white and also the exterior color as steel gray instead of midnight silver metallic. Could that be why the app displays my interior as black with wood trim instead of white with carbon. Would the option codes need to be re configured thru Tesla to display correctly?

Attachments

• F57CF911-BDDF-4524-963F-09CB418B6136.jpeg
    F57CF911-BDDF-4524-963F-09CB418B6136.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 49
You also can just go into the app store on your device. Click on your account where it shows you the of your app update history and if any updates are available. If you don't see it queued, you can just do a pull down on the screen, which will force your phone to go check the app store for all the latest versions. I did that on my devices and up popped several apps with updates available, including the Tesla app.

I'm pretty much in the 'ok, big deal' camp on the update. The only new feature that I see, although you have to dig to find it, is the ability to see your full supercharging history. That includes if your someone like me that still have free unlimited supercharging on their car. I can see my history all the way back to Jan 2017. Doesn't appear to have any of my history from the second half of 2016 (purchased my MS90D end of June 2016).