Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla? Nope, never again! Cherry Hill Tesla the worst.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd. They asked me questions ahead of time before I was to arrive so that the rental could be ready.

This definitely seems like some service centers are better than others.
I've never asked for a loaner they just provided one. Maybe it depends on what is being done to your tesla. Or like it was for me they didnt have anymore so they got an S from enterprise. I was told that if you have a later appointment they may not have any to loan, and if enterprise is out then they will give you an ice vehicle.

The dumb thing that sets everyone off is how posters like this turn a personal experience into a wild generalization about how “they” (Tesla) always do this or never do that. Then because they’re frustrated if they’re of a certain disposition they proceed to bash the brand, the car, everything, and of course compare their previous <insert brand> and how incredible it was. Kinda tiring to read this garbage over and over again.

I wish there was a forum for griping and moaning and a mod would just move posts like this there rather than trigger a bunch of people into negativity instead of useful discussion. That way anyone feeling a little confrontational can go there and have a little joust occasionally without it polluting normal level-headed discussion about the vehicle and company in here.

Translation - "I just want to read positive things about Tesla... I didn't have to read this thread and further didn't need to comment on the thread but here I am, complaining that I can't skim the TMC forum without seeing the occasional rant about Tesla sucky service".

Every car forum has good/bad service experiences. With BMW for example there are something like 20 dealerships in close proximity in the LA area alone.... so you will see anecdotal good/bad experiences reported or seeing people ask which BMW franchise they should visit for a particular repair.

My service experiences with my Tesla have been poorer than experiences with other cars I've owned over the last 15 years but my results appear to be atypical since most of the owners I run into can't stop raving about their cars.

I did run into one guy who had at least as many rattle/fitment issues I had and he was going on a tear about how badly his charge port door lined up on his car... I just laughed at him and said that after what I went through my poorly fit charging door was the least of my worries.

I've never asked for a loaner they just provided one. Maybe it depends on what is being done to your tesla. Or like it was for me they didnt have anymore so they got an S from enterprise. I was told that if you have a later appointment they may not have any to loan, and if enterprise is out then they will give you an ice vehicle.

I also did hear that if you want a loaner, get an early morning appointment.

Depends on whether they like you or not. Little known fact, Tesla keeps a secret asshole score attached to your account. If you score exceptionally high it's.........no soup for you........

Last edited:
Depends on whether they like you or not. Little known fact, Tesla keeps a secret asshole score attached to your account. If you score exceptionally high its.........no soup for you........

Source? Sounds juicy.

I should get zero loaners based on the amount of my posts moved to snippiness.

Tesla ha always hooked me up for 3 years running.

Translation - "I just want to read positive things about Tesla... I didn't have to read this thread and further didn't need to comment on the thread but here I am, complaining that I can't skim the TMC forum without seeing the occasional rant about Tesla sucky service".

Every car forum has good/bad service experiences. With BMW for example there are something like 20 dealerships in close proximity in the LA area alone.... so you will see anecdotal good/bad experiences reported or seeing people ask which BMW franchise they should visit for a particular repair.

My service experiences with my Tesla have been poorer than experiences with other cars I've owned over the last 15 years but my results appear to be atypical since most of the owners I run into can't stop raving about their cars.

I did run into one guy who had at least as many rattle/fitment issues I had and he was going on a tear about how badly his charge port door lined up on his car... I just laughed at him and said that after what I went through my poorly fit charging door was the least of my worries.
The biggest issue isnt the rants or negative posts it's how the posters go about it and expect everyone to have the same experiences as them. I welcome all posts but good or bad they have to be open to other opinions or other peoples experiences.

Reactions: PACEMD
Source? Sounds juicy.

I should get zero loaners based on the amount of my posts moved to snippiness.

Tesla ha always hooked me up for 3 years running.

If I didn't read read legit Snippy reviews or postees, I would of deleted my account long time ago. I only come here to read BMW Customers transitioning to Teslas and smart a$$ comments. I leave this post once again impressed with whats been said.

Some companies will tolerate annoying customers and still put on a smile and provide great service. In my experience Tesla is not one of those companies. You get a lot more support by being nice to them. Not everyone seems to have that skill though.

So you’re assuming when someone receives poor service from Tesla that they aren’t being nice to service staff.

First off having worked in the service industry in the past you must treat everyone courteously even the a-holes. Those are absolutely the customers you want to fix because the less time in contact with them the better your mental health.

Secondly my experience is that Tesla needing may car multiple times and failing to fix problem multiple times or fixing one problem and introducing two new ones had zilch to do with customer company interactions.

So you’re assuming when someone receives poor service from Tesla that they aren’t being nice to service staff.

First off having worked in the service industry in the past you must treat everyone courteously even the a-holes. Those are absolutely the customers you want to fix because the less time in contact with them the better your mental health.

Secondly my experience is that Tesla needing may car multiple times and failing to fix problem multiple times or fixing one problem and introducing two new ones had zilch to do with customer company interactions.

I was making a general observation. We're on page five of this thread. There are a lot of comments here. I didn't even remember reading your post when I wrote mine.

But this isn't everyone's experience... I needed service - almost immediately - for the type of issue you noted (manufacturing defect)... but my experience was markedly different than what this forum led me to expect...

A very significant portion of folks warned me that dire quality-of-life calamity would befall myself and my family if I kept my car, and that the folks at my service center would glad-hand me, lie to me, and in general, commit prison rape on whatever faith in humanity I might have left in my long sad life...

... and yet...

2 days later, after driving decent Model S loaner, I left with my car in near perfect condition... the service manager at my SC (Indy) was really empathetic, he listened when I spoke, showed me what they were doing (on my car) and why, and stayed in touch with me...

I concede that this is not everyone's experience - but, that's kinda my point...

It sucks that the OP experienced what he did - he should be mad, he should be frustrated... and as a result, I've learned to take these forums and reddit with a giant grain of salt...

At some point, all these complaints become statistically significant. In my case, having had every single interaction with both local service centers reveal abysmal quality of workmanship and process, and having examined dozens of cars (being delivered at the SC, in showrooms or awaiting service at the SC) and having found the same classes of issues on practically all of then, that leads me to confidently generalize regarding the state of Manufacturing and Service.

On the manufacturing front, I strongly believe there’s less variance in vehicle quality than there is in the individual expectation of quality. I believe that the substantial differences in opinion/perception found around here come mostly from the latter, not the former.
The same variance in expectations then translates into the perception of service quality.

I think alot of the service people cant really do any better even if they wanted. Parts are an issue and with QC at minimal levels in the factory they are over worked.

That and they’re surely pressured big time into bamboozling you such that you leave with unresolved issues that are “within spec” (like clunking suspension or doors that don’t close).

There’s no way, in my opinion, that service centers are really that incompetent. It’s the money pressure from Fremont that leads to a lot of the unresolved issues.

Some companies will tolerate annoying customers and still put on a smile and provide great service. In my experience Tesla is not one of those companies. You get a lot more support by being nice to them. Not everyone seems to have that skill though.

Not always!

I admit to having performed an excessive amount of ass smooching in an attempt to have my various issues resolved. None of that should have ever been necessary and not much of it helped anyway. Rather than being shown appreciation I was taken for a sucker.