Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla? Nope, never again! Cherry Hill Tesla the worst.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another reason not to go Tesla:
Elon choses to keep existing costumers waiting for parts, but keeps selling cars. Cracked my M3 windshield, it’s been almost a month now and still nothing, not even a possible arrival date.

Expected more from a car in this price range. Where German carmakers think ‘we could shave that off but costumers won’t like it’, Elon thinks ‘money’.

I visited my SC with a list of “new car” issues after about 3000 miles:

Wind noise throughout
Feel air coming through roof glass at multiple places
Cold air constantly coming in through dash
Brakes squeaking/grinding
Wipers randomly turning on

I was amazed that they charged me $83/issue to investigate and all of the resolution was “live with it”. I argued with them and to their credit they didn’t charge me.

clearly the SC has NO intention of ever wanting me to come back and charging me a fee even to look at warranty issues is outrageous.

it was crazy that while out with the SC tech regarding the cold air from the dash, he said to turn off the vent from the outside, to which the entire cabin glass fogged up beyond ability to see anything and wouldn’t even completely clear after turning on the outside vent.

I LOVE my model 3, but the service is crazy bad.

I visited my SC with a list of “new car” issues after about 3000 miles:

Wind noise throughout
Feel air coming through roof glass at multiple places
Cold air constantly coming in through dash
Brakes squeaking/grinding
Wipers randomly turning on

I was amazed that they charged me $83/issue to investigate and all of the resolution was “live with it”. I argued with them and to their credit they didn’t charge me.

clearly the SC has NO intention of ever wanting me to come back and charging me a fee even to look at warranty issues is outrageous.

it was crazy that while out with the SC tech regarding the cold air from the dash, he said to turn off the vent from the outside, to which the entire cabin glass fogged up beyond ability to see anything and wouldn’t even completely clear after turning on the outside vent.

I LOVE my model 3, but the service is crazy bad.
If I’m not mistaken they initially charge a “diagnostic” fee but if the issues are under warranty then this fee disappears. Curious that your location in your profile lists WI and you’re responding to a Cherry Hill, NJ thread? Did you visit this SC?

Reactions: Reborn
If I’m not mistaken they initially charge a “diagnostic” fee but if the issues are under warranty then this fee disappears. Curious that your location in your profile lists WI and you’re responding to a Cherry Hill, NJ thread? Did you visit this SC?

I went to the SC near Chicago. I was saying that the poor service isn’t limited to cherry hill, no.

no, according to my SC, they charge the diagnostic fee regardless whether covered under warranty. I was jaw dropped.

• Informative
Reactions: m3pca
Just a tip. Don't ever sign the "troubleshooting fee" quote. They usually send it electronically, but I don't e-sign them and when they do the final paperwork I've never been charged for warranty work. For example, the windshield wiper on our X recently snapped. I couldn't tell if it was just the replacement part of the blade or if something on the permanent arm was broken. In the end, they charged me for new wiper blades (and sent mobile service to perform the work) but no labor or anything else despite that the final work order showed the arm had broken.

I went to the SC near Chicago. I was saying that the poor service isn’t limited to cherry hill, no.

no, according to my SC, they charge the diagnostic fee regardless whether covered under warranty. I was jaw dropped.
According to my SC (and personal anecdotal evidence), if the issue if covered under warranty then the diagnostic fee is waived. The fee is always initially shown on the paperwork.

Reactions: C141medic
I will admit that Quality Assurance and post-sales service have been my chief concerns about going with Tesla. And I do recognize that most people first (or only) post online when they have a problem, which can skew impressions. People without problems tend not to post. Though Telsa may have more fan-posting than the average car, just because it's so different and so cool.

My last "car" was a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and it never went back to the dealer for service because there was never an issue. For four years. Not one. Just oil changes at the local garage.

I took delivery of my Model 3 at Cherry Hill. It was as painless a delivery as I ever experienced. No seeing the finance guy to talk you out of your own financing. No push for extended warranties or window etching or a wheel protection package. Just print out paperwork and sign. Delivery was not quite concierge level (we did the walkthrough parked in a handicap lane). Paired the phone, activated the app, set up a driver profile and that was it. No discussion about the service process, no introduction to the Service Manager that you might get with Audi or BMW.

One problem did crop up with the car (so far). The passenger side repeater cam for AutoPilot is dead. Soft reboot/hard reboot/power off/reset to factory did nothing. The camera is dead. I emailed my SA over the weekend and he got right back to me (on a Sunday) and said bring it in without an appointment and they'll look - it should have not gotten through pre-delivery inspection. Fingers crossed...

They are superior in technology, and speed...That is where it ends.
When I was looking for another car, I traded in my BMW for a Tesla...The sales people left me waiting in their showroom for over an hour past my appointment time...
Now that I own one, here is a list of issues from my first service appt...
If you are looking at a Tesla, and are shopping for other premium cars...take heed.
1) Their service is not nearly on par with a 60, 70 or 100 thousand dollar price tag. As with BMW, Porsche etc.
2) They try their best to isolate service department from consumers, leading to miscommunication, dropped services and lack of information. I drove over an hour and found out they were not prepared to do all of my services I signed for.
3) They will promise you a loaner, than get you an Uber...Yes, This really happened, then they stuck me with the bill!
4) I called Tesla in Califonia, regarding my issues, and they would not hear what I have to say, instead, they forward me right back to the dealer I had issues. Where their employees could not care less. After over 2 weeks without any resolution to my issues, or even a "let us help you out", I called...Emily listened to me (the 5th person I told), and her reply was "I can't help you, I am in sales".
5) Try and use their scheduling app. Most information does not get to the service department.
6) At Cherry Hill Tesla, you can speak to sales, not service, who then spins the conversation, until you hang up! (multiple events of this)
7) The service center at Cherry Hill damaged my steering wheel!

oh the uber with no requested curtesy car. Yes brings back the memory and a lot of the points above. You know what they thought would help... asking for the information twice in a week before you arrive and still not prepared to fix your issues. Well sir you can wait 6 hours or you can take an uber home which was a 2 hour drive...and pricey I thought EV,s were cheap to run...

• Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider
oh the uber with no requested curtesy car. Yes brings back the memory and a lot of the points above. You know what they thought would help... asking for the information twice in a week before you arrive and still not prepared to fix your issues. Well sir you can wait 6 hours or you can take an uber home which was a 2 hour drive...and pricey I thought EV,s were cheap to run...

Older thread you’re replying to CertLive.
This is your job on the forum now. Finding posts that you can further use to get back at Tesla for all the terrible things they’ve done to you.
Are you buying a VW ? I know you were looking at it.
Misery loves company, this is why we see you on these threads. :)

Regarding diagnostic fees under warranty. My BMW i3 charge port lock wasn't working so it wouldn't DC-charge. Error on the EVGo station specifically said it couldn't charge because the port wasn't locked. Apparently CCS requires the port to lock in order to charge for safety reasons. I could see the lock mechanism was stuck. Anyway, I called the local BMW dealer to make an appointment and told them exactly what was wrong. They told me they would be charging me a $150 diagnostic fee. I said I already diagnosed it and I shouldn't have to pay that, especially while under warranty. They said the fee was non-negotiable. I felt very "ripped-off".

Regarding diagnostic fees under warranty. My BMW i3 charge port lock wasn't working so it wouldn't DC-charge. Error on the EVGo station specifically said it couldn't charge because the port wasn't locked. Apparently CCS requires the port to lock in order to charge for safety reasons. I could see the lock mechanism was stuck. Anyway, I called the local BMW dealer to make an appointment and told them exactly what was wrong. They told me they would be charging me a $150 diagnostic fee. I said I already diagnosed it and I shouldn't have to pay that, especially while under warranty. They said the fee was non-negotiable. I felt very "ripped-off".

You had the option of visiting a different BMW dealer. Tesla's company owned Service Centers model isn't working. Their announced growth plans are an extraordinary joke. They have had fifteen years to build out a support system for the modest number of vehicles they have sold to date. Yet they can't even keep an adequate parts inventory for the four car models they sell. Units sales are far below Musk's multiyear plans, yet in larger metropolitan areas their service centers don't have nearly enough lot or indoor repair space.

Musk isn't interested in building effective human-centric organizations. He would have been much better off selling through fixed price franchise dealerships.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8