Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla? Nope, never again! Cherry Hill Tesla the worst.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only good service left seems to be Lexus. Some of their cars are intriguing but far off from what I want.

Best service department - by far - I’ve ever used has been our Buick dealer, if you can believe it. Friendly, family owned, customer first attitude. Loaner cars available even for routine maintenance, proactive service, and definitely above and beyond stuff. They’ve covered plenty of “small” things they really didn’t have to ... tire repairs, brake work etc. Replaced a remote I dropped and broke etc. Things that aren’t warranty items, I’ve gotten plenty of “don’t worry about it”s thru the years.

Even delivered our Enclave back to our home when it’s done.

The fact that I’ve been working with the same service managers there for 15 years says something. That’s a long time in the car biz.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Cherry Hill is my local shop. I've had 4 interactions with service since getting my car earlier this year. Only one of those times did my car have to go *there* though. (And it was about as good as a service appointment as I've ever had.) The other three were done via mobile service and it is *BY FAR* the best thing ever. Can't get that from BMW or Porsche.

All that being said, I also own a BMW, and they *really* get their service right. It almost feels like a visit to the spa. (Although, the massive upsell on work that you "might need soon." gets old fast.)

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
I guess I've been lucky when I have called for service the person on the other side does everything they can to help thru reboot and checking for error and there is nothing they can do I usually get the Mobil service to come to my work and fix the issue. The time that I have gone to the Orlando service Center I have had no issues as far as loaner or they just want to give me an Uber to get something to eat. In fact there coming to my work today to fix an issues with my seat wont remember easy entry fwd and aft movement. I Had calle last week about my car Info showing as Standard where it should be a Standard Plus they said it was a Software Issue and in 24 I had a software Update that fixed it. So in all I have had a great experience with there service. Remember that the Ice Dealers make most of there profit from Service Tesla as new as it is the Majority of service is Warranty work at this time.

I understand how frustrating this must be for you, but my experience has been significantly different. I took delivery at the Bellevue, WA location, and have had a few concerns addressed there as well. When I needed a loaner, they arranged for a Model X - great chance to experience a different Tesla model. I had the loaner while they addressed a panel gap issue which was fixed beautifully.

This is kind of the issue. If you don’t need service, you’re happy with Service (do count your blessings though!).

It’s when you do need service that it all falls apart, especially since it’s not really “service” (as in maintenance) that these cars need, rather it’s repairs for manufacturing and material issues.
I agree, but I was replying to the inference that the purchaser of a new Model 3 should expect a lot of problems.

this entire thread seems to boil down to a few key points... 1) this Cherry Hill SC sucks, 2) BMW service is awesome, 3) OP is right to be frustrated given his experience, but he's not alone...

it also seems like as a result of those key points, the intended take-away is 1) all of Tesla service, system-wide, is bunk... 2) buy a BMW, 3) OP's sample size of 1 is representative of the entire EV industry as a whole and we should all rally around him, go to Elon's house with torches, and yell really loud things at him on the internet...

I'm in... totally in... let's talk about this when I get back from Vegas tho... I'm doing the area 51 raid, and expect I'll have similar results...

concerned that the vocal minority is ruining it for everyone... not trying to take away from the negative experience, but damn... hasn't been mine at all... but again... sample size of one... /sigh...

This is kind of the issue. If you don’t need service, you’re happy with Service (do count your blessings though!).

It’s when you do need service that it all falls apart, especially since it’s not really “service” (as in maintenance) that these cars need, rather it’s repairs for manufacturing and material issues.

But this isn't everyone's experience... I needed service - almost immediately - for the type of issue you noted (manufacturing defect)... but my experience was markedly different than what this forum led me to expect...

A very significant portion of folks warned me that dire quality-of-life calamity would befall myself and my family if I kept my car, and that the folks at my service center would glad-hand me, lie to me, and in general, commit prison rape on whatever faith in humanity I might have left in my long sad life...

... and yet...

2 days later, after driving decent Model S loaner, I left with my car in near perfect condition... the service manager at my SC (Indy) was really empathetic, he listened when I spoke, showed me what they were doing (on my car) and why, and stayed in touch with me...

I concede that this is not everyone's experience - but, that's kinda my point...

It sucks that the OP experienced what he did - he should be mad, he should be frustrated... and as a result, I've learned to take these forums and reddit with a giant grain of salt...

Reactions: btownalset
The quality of experience you have at a service center is directly related to the specific individuals you interact with. Some are amazing. When they are you can have a great experience. Where Tesla needs improvement is to provide the training to its staff so that every interaction is amazing regardless of which individuals you are working with.

I think alot of the service people cant really do any better even if they wanted. Parts are an issue and with QC at minimal levels in the factory they are over worked.

Its also true that calling is worthless. Setting up appointments at an actual SC is a pain too. They want you to use the app but that always makes you set up an appointment for mobile. Then you get some text messages in a few days and if you indeed need an SC they reschedule you often for a few weeks after your mobile was scheduled. You can make an appointment at an SC through the website but it wont show in app and they don't always seem to have a record of it even though you get an email confirmation. Its for lack of a better term a *sugar* show.

Sure they will get it ironed out eventually but for folks like you or me it kind of sucks whenever you have an issue. I welcome the venting and warnings to potential owners. I mean after enough people bitched it seems panel gaps are decent now. Maybe paint will be next.

Bad service is not just a Tesla thing. It seems to be universal for branded shops.

When I owned a Lexus, the Front Driver's side window motor broke and would not roll down. When I went to the Lexus dealer's service center to have them fix it, they returned the car to me a few hours later with a black garbage bag duct-taped to the window frame.

They explained to me that they got the window down, but since the window motor was broke the window would not go back up and they were unable to fix the problem. Well yea, I knew that. But a black garbage bag duct taped to the window was not the solution I had in mind.
Was it under warranty? Because I guarantee that any Lexus dealer didn't do this and leave the vehicle unrepaired without ordering the parts, and that being only temporary. Actually it's illegal, and if it wasn't under warranty they wouldn't simply state it was unfixable, they would offer to order the motor at cost to you, if not replace the entire door.

I understand how frustrating this must be for you, but my experience has been significantly different. I took delivery at the Bellevue, WA location, and have had a few concerns addressed there as well. When I needed a loaner, they arranged for a Model X - great chance to experience a different Tesla model. I had the loaner while they addressed a panel gap issue which was fixed beautifully.
For the panel gap issue, did you have to drop the car at the service center? if so, how long was the wait until you dropped off and left the service center?

Setting up appointments at an actual SC is a pain too. They want you to use the app but that always makes you set up an appointment for mobile.
That’s inaccurate. When you book an appointment through the app, that’s just for the service without regard to mobile or SC. If mobile service can perform the work, that’s how it gets scheduled. If only an SC can do it, then your nearest SC is booked.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Was it under warranty? Because I guarantee that any Lexus dealer didn't do this and leave the vehicle unrepaired without ordering the parts, and that being only temporary. Actually it's illegal, and if it wasn't under warranty they wouldn't simply state it was unfixable, they would offer to order the motor at cost to you, if not replace the entire door.
Oh yeah a Lexus dealer would never ever ever do that :rolleyes:

Only tesla right o_O

To each his own. You make some good points. Personally, I would rather have Tesla service rather than traditional dealerships. Last time I went to the dealership, they quoted me a price for a repair (which was already more than I could get it fixed elsewhere), then charged me some BS $150 fee on top of it when I got the car. Never going to a dealership again.
Well, I had to pay an additional $150.00 above what I was quoted at Tesla.....One of my complaints, and no one seems to care about that...just "Oh well, I am in sales, and there is no one in service...what do you want from me??"