Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Track Mode v2 and Track pack!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want the same track pack, just with MPS4S for street use.

I just want the wheels for street use.
On the track I am not going to risk wrecking these, would rather use a very easy to replace rim (try getting a single new one from Tesla).

Who cares about looks on the track ?
You want to replace it fast if needed......and not too expensive.

I want the same track pack, just with MPS4S for street use.

I just want the wheels for street use.
On the track I am not going to risk wrecking these, would rather use a very easy to replace rim (try getting a single new one from Tesla).

Who cares about looks on the track ?
You want to replace it fast if needed......and not too expensive.

So you want a track pack... except not for the track. Do you see what I'm saying here? It's a track pack.

They're not going to make a non track track pack.

You just want the wheels. lol.

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG and MarcG
Anyone know how Tesla is tracking tire temperature (tire image going from blue to red)?

Is a temperature sensor built into the tire pressure sensors, is this an upgraded TPMS required with new Track tire setup, or (hopefully) are they simply monitoring tire pressure increase as a rise in temperature?

Anyone know how Tesla is tracking tire temperature (tire image going from blue to red)?

Is a temperature sensor built into the tire pressure sensors, is this an upgraded TPMS required with new Track tire setup, or (hopefully) are they simply monitoring tire pressure increase as a rise in temperature?

I don't think TPMS respond quick enough for the real time tire temp display they were showing. I'm pretty sure its calculated or it represents load.

Here you go (from Facebook):

It doesn't do an overlay automatically, just records data in a CSV but you can use something like Race Render to merge it and create the visualizations.

Hey that's me! lol. Here is the Telemetry CSV if anyone is interested. The video above was just a quick and dirty hack together for now. A lot I need to learn about the Telemetry provided, hopefully someone makes a good template for RaceRender

telemetry-v1-2020-03-05-20_00_01.csv

Also, it only records the front camera.
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.58.24 PM.png

Hey that's me! lol. Here is the Telemetry CSV if anyone is interested. The video above was just a quick and dirty hack together for now. A lot I need to learn about the Telemetry provided, hopefully someone makes a good template for RaceRender

telemetry-v1-2020-03-05-20_00_01.csv

Also, it only records the front camera.
View attachment 518582
Data-logging they have is quite great actually. It's 42.5Hz datalog with 10hz GPS, all driver inputs and key health data. It covers most needs for amateur racing. Good job. Other cameras recording would be useful though.

I assume the video recording starts at the same time as the data logging? or do they have to be manually synced?

It was close but they didn’t match up in RaceRender exactly. I had to massage it a bit and it’s still not exact but I was going to drive my self crazy trying to get it right just for a quick demo.

Would love options to spit out a video with basic overlay data synced right from the car but this is great progress nonetheless

Do you think it will be possible to use the telemetry from the car to overlay on videos recorded with a GoPro? The lack of sound in the Tesla cam videos makes them less interesting.

It completely negates the money we spend tuning the exhaust. And cool tunnel sounds? forget about it.

The Telemetry can be used to generate an overlay for any video from any source with the right software.