Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wheels from Tesla: Aero and Cyclone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also not there but unlike you, there's no chance I'm going to get there. By making a smaller but inferior version of the 21" turbines with this odd pattern, I guess Tesla really doesn't want me to spend the $$ on new rims. I suppose they want to steer people to the more expensive tires on the 21"?

- - - Updated - - -

The wheels remind me of the Big Wheel tricycle I used to play with when I was 5.
Filling in for TEG
attachment.php?attachmentid=29265&d=1377515448.png

big-wheel.jpg

It looks ok in person. I can easily see why some don't like it and others do though. Definitely take a look in person if you are considering it. I only saw a single rim on the wall though and not on a car so maybe it looks better that way.

I think it looks okay, but I would rather have had a plain silver (or colour matching) disk rather than trying to make it look like a spoked wheel--it's not a spoked wheel so why should it try to attempt to look like one?

Well obviously range and air resistance was very important when riding around on big wheels. Those engineers were very forward thinking back then. Had to minimize air resistance so we could gain super speed down those hills and keep going all the way through those cross streets!

LOL! Little did I know way back when.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha; I knew it felt retro and now I know where I last saw them. :) Call me eccentric but I love them and I'm pretty sure if I get them I'll be one of very few.

Good on ya. I'm really just wishing Tesla would make the 21" turbine wheel in 19" rather than limit the options to what they've announced. But I also couldn't resist the comparison to my old Big Wheel. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please clarify whether you consider this a PRO or CON?

Good question now that you mention it. I obviously thought it was a CON when I posted, but now that you mention it, I think it may be a good think to let the kid in me out to play once in a while.

Doesn't look as bad as I expected, but the aero's give it more of a Hot Wheels cartoonish look that I'd personally like.

I've got the 21" turbine gray. If they come out with 19" turbine grey, I may cough up the cash to switch.

Doesn't look as bad as I expected, but the aero's give it more of a Hot Wheels cartoonish look that I'd personally like.

I've got the 21" turbine gray. If they come out with 19" turbine grey, I may cough up the cash to switch.

I think they might look better if you got them powder coated to get rid of the silver. They're a disk wheel, they shouldn't pretend to be a spoked wheel.

I try not to be too negative if I don't have anything good to add but I really dislike the look of those wheels. They look like the old old old Fuchs that the Porche 911 used to offer. They look cheap and make the car look plain to me.

It's obviously all personal preference. I don't like the look of 21" wheels either. I barely was going to tolerate the 20" wheels on the BMW 750Li I was going to purchase and when I saw the 21s on the Model S I thought that's all they offered. Thank goodness I got the 19s.

Others will tell you the 19s are plain and boring.