Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much, I had the wrong date on my calendar. That means I get up at 5am to go racing tomorrow for Street Legal Drags.
Do you know if someone there rents the required protective clothing? Being my car could potentially run a 10.8 in perfect conditions it seems it's a requirement that I have a fire suit :( They also have an aditional event on October 1st I might make it out either tomorrow or October 1st depending on the answer...

msnow,
I tried both ways. Tesla would not install the 100KW-Hr battery (my preferred path as it was less expensive and I kept my + or sport suspension) nor would they provide what I would say was a reasonable trade under the circumstances.

If you are sensitive about such things, please do not read any further but that last part requires an explanation.

I'm along for the ride when it comes to constant improvement and shooting for lofty goals. I do not feel particularly comfortable joining multiple signatories on letters of complaint, consumer protection actions or, GAWD forbid, filing a lawsuit. I'm ok with Tesla thinking they could do L with a free over the air upgrade then needing $5K to cover parts/labor when they learn more is needed. They thought they could ship the car not quite baked then fix it over the air. I'm also ok with having to go full list P100DL upgrade because way too much stuff had to change for Tesla to eventually make it to their D announce (and shortly thereafter) levels of hyped performance. I did however ask that Tesla not penalize me for buying the P85D(L) when making the move to the P100DL. My normal depreciation on high end cars is a $1/mile not counting cost of money. If left to run out my 3-4yr 36-48K mile cycle with this car I will be in that range. I felt Tesla should provide a trade in offer that respected that depreciation. They did not feel the same and felt they have ZERO responsibility for anything they said at the announce or for any reliance buyers may have placed on Tesla's representations. I do not agree with this but it is their choice to make and, as they say, it is what it is.

I'm still a buyer. We get my wife's new 90D this month. I just believe a little less of what is said and have a little less enthusiasm for the company and its management. No biggie. Tesla is still light years ahead of anyone else.

msnow,
I tried both ways. Tesla would not install the 100KW-Hr battery (my preferred path as it was less expensive and I kept my + or sport suspension) nor would they provide what I would say was a reasonable trade under the circumstances.

If you are sensitive about such things, please do not read any further but that last part requires an explanation.

I'm along for the ride when it comes to constant improvement and shooting for lofty goals. I do not feel particularly comfortable joining multiple signatories on letters of complaint, consumer protection actions or, GAWD forbid, filing a lawsuit. I'm ok with Tesla thinking they could do L with a free over the air upgrade then needing $5K to cover parts/labor when they learn more is needed. They thought they could ship the car not quite baked then fix it over the air. I'm also ok with having to go full list P100DL upgrade because way too much stuff had to change for Tesla to eventually make it to their D announce (and shortly thereafter) levels of hyped performance. I did however ask that Tesla not penalize me for buying the P85D(L) when making the move to the P100DL. My normal depreciation on high end cars is a $1/mile not counting cost of money. If left to run out my 3-4yr 36-48K mile cycle with this car I will be in that range. I felt Tesla should provide a trade in offer that respected that depreciation. They did not feel the same and felt they have ZERO responsibility for anything they said at the announce or for any reliance buyers may have placed on Tesla's representations. I do not agree with this but it is their choice to make and, as they say, it is what it is.

I'm still a buyer. We get my wife's new 90D this month. I just believe a little less of what is said and have a little less enthusiasm for the company and its management. No biggie. Tesla is still light years ahead of anyone else.
I'm with you 100% on all points. I'm thinking the depreciation factor you're using needs more variables though. For example, I have a 90D built last August/September with 6500 miles. I wouldn't expect Tesla to give me $98,500 ($105,000 minus $6,500) on a year old car even with low mileage although it would be great if I'm wrong.

msnow,

I'm still a buyer. We get my wife's new 90D this month. I just believe a little less of what is said and have a little less enthusiasm for the company and its management. No biggie. Tesla is still light years ahead of anyone else

At this point, it the scribe above "believes a little less of what is said, and has a little less enthusiasm for the company", but nonetheless is still buying it's cars after all, well then aside from "feeling better about getting it all out", or "venting", what really has been accomplished?

At the end of the day, after all of the brouhaha, they are indeed light years ahead of anyone else, and they know that many of us screaming the loudest will be back, and the post above, demonstrates just that.

So I'd agree that "it is what is is". This whole discussion, and the other big complaint thread before it. Always has been. I'm amazed that this "epiphany" has come so late for some of us.

Some may not want to a lawsuit, "GAWD" forbid, over some of these matters, but there is another way. And that's to no longer buy that company's products, and make their "extreme disappointment in prior acts" known, and send a powerful message to the source of that disappointment, with their wallets.

Perhaps a very powerful message, indeed. Just put them on "ignore" with their wallets and don't by any more products. :D

But that's not happening here either, is it?

No, in fact, just the opposite is happening . And moreover; we saw it with the P85DL upgrade too. We cage rattle and chest beat, holler about this or that......and then we reward those who we claim disappointed us so badly, "by being less than truthful with us", by giving them more of our money and buying more of their products. Those doing the loudest yelling about the horsepower matter, were literally first in line, checkbooks in hand, to buy what they claimed that they had already paid for and from those whom they had argued had deceived them in the first place.

I've said this before.........welll, some of us who are doing the loudest hollering, loudest barking about "disappointment", when you really get down to it, really aren't as "disappointed" as we let on.

And I believe that the above posting demonstrates that.

As I read the above quoted words, I'm taken back to and think back to some of all of the discussion of late in here. At a time when a large segment of the population can only dream about these cars, there comes a time when inventory has to be taken, and the situation assessed. Perhaps it's time to quit bitching and enjoy what we have while taking some pride in, and showing some gratitude in the fact that Tesla is still light years ahead of anyone else.

I bet it would do wonders for some of our.... "blood pressures". :D

I'm with you 100% on all points. I'm thinking the depreciation factor you're using needs more variables though. For example, I have a 90D built last August/September with 6500 miles. I wouldn't expect Tesla to give me $98,500 ($105,000 minus $6,500) on a year old car even with low mileage although it would be great if I'm wrong.

You probably are not wrong about that.

Last edited:
ms,
My reference point on depreciation is based on what I've experienced with similar cars and is based on at least a 3 year / 36K mile cycle. Your car will suffer more for calendar time. I was doing significantly better than $1/mile on MS prior to Tesla entering the CPO market. They took $5K - $10K out of the secondary market values with their buying/selling practices. It was likely the better than average MS depreciation would have sought the same level over time given the added volume with the D announce but Tesla accelerated that trend dramatically.

As for the other stuff, apparently sensitive people can not read.....
"If you are sensitive about such things, please do not read any further but that last part requires an explanation."

ms,
My reference point on depreciation is based on what I've experienced with similar cars and is based on at least a 3 year / 36K mile cycle. Your car will suffer more for calendar time. I was doing significantly better than $1/mile on MS prior to Tesla entering the CPO market. They took $5K - $10K out of the secondary market values with their buying/selling practices. It was likely the better than average MS depreciation would have sought the same level over time given the added volume with the D announce but Tesla accelerated that trend dramatically.

As for the other stuff, apparently sensitive people can not read.....
"If you are sensitive about such things, please do not read any further but that last part requires an explanation."
I'm not seeing the other stuff you mention but I can imagine it was not nice and EXTREMLY long! :)

• Funny
Reactions: darthy001
I'm not seeing the other stuff you mention but I can imagine it was not nice and EXTREMLY long! :)

Oh, you saw it. You aren't fooling anyone. Otherwise how would you know what other "stuff" he's referring to? And you see this too. :D

Also, he wasn't suppposed to see it either, but apparently he did. :D

But the point that both of you miss, is that others saw it. If I wanted "just you" to hear it, I could do that over the phone or via private message. What I wrote wasn't for your eyes only. It's not about you.

Part of the purpose in writing it, was so that if someone should happen in here, it won't take them long to discover that we aren't "all" whiners and belly achers. Many of us are actually happy owners and are still as impressed with Tesla and our cars as the day we got them.

You get called out for whining, and you "say" that "I don't want to hear that, so I'm putting my hands over my ears".:D Who does that make look bad?

If some of you guys didn't have P85DEE, you'd have to invent him. :D

Last edited:
Fun times today with NSX1992. My best time was 11.120 @ 95% SOC.

Attachments

• IMG_5965.JPG
    IMG_5965.JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 55
I raced Shotgun in his P90DL v2 against my P85DL. My reaction time was better .096 to .279 but his 11.133 @ 118.19 easily caught my 11.457 @ 115.24. Shotgun should be commended for turning a 11.1 on his first time at the drags and on his first run. My best today was only 11.408 compared to my previous best of 11.326 at this track. After 6 runs I drove back 5 miles to the supercharger and made 5 more in quick succession. For Tech Guy a fire suit was not required, only a long sleeved shirt.

Maybe Saturday October 1st a bunch of us could drag race at Fontana and show those slow ices.

msnow,

Didn't Tesla state that if you were planning on upgrading to L and you had P85D it would be best to wait to upgrade the battery later, cause the battery technology would be better? Though now you can't ? If you did go to 90 could you now go to 100?

Oh, you saw it. You aren't fooling anyone. Otherwise how would you know what other "stuff" he's referring to? And you see this too. :D

Also, he wasn't suppposed to see it either, but apparently he did. :D

But the point that both of you miss, is that others saw it. If I wanted "just you" to hear it, I could do that over the phone or via private message. What I wrote wasn't for your eyes only. It's not about you.

Part of the purpose in writing it, was so that if someone should happen in here, it won't take them long to discover that we aren't "all" whiners and belly achers. Many of us are actually happy owners and are still as impressed with Tesla and our cars as the day we got them.

You get called out for whining, and you "say" that "I don't want to hear that, so I'm putting my hands over my ears".:D Who does that make look bad?

If some of you guys didn't have P85DEE, you'd have to invent him. :D

Some of us are just tired of your constant meta-whining (whining about perceived whining).

I raced Shotgun in his P90DL v2 against my P85DL. My reaction time was better .096 to .279 but his 11.133 @ 118.19 easily caught my 11.457 @ 115.24. Shotgun should be commended for turning a 11.1 on his first time at the drags and on his first run. My best today was only 11.408 compared to my previous best of 11.326 at this track. After 6 runs I drove back 5 miles to the supercharger and made 5 more in quick succession. For Tech Guy a fire suit was not required, only a long sleeved shirt.

Maybe Saturday October 1st a bunch of us could drag race at Fontana and show those slow ices.

Nice runs!! Wish I lived in California! Not sure why it was disliked. Keep up the great work!

It was disliked by P85DEE to get even for my dislikes of his very annoying comments.

Oops. I meant to hit the like button for that one.

How childish sheesh.

Says the guy who indicates that he has "covered his ears and closed his eyes tightly" because he's heard and seen something that he didn't like and can't rebut it. ;)

Some of us are just tired of your constant meta-whining (whining about perceived whining).

And I'm tired of the meta-meta whining (whining about perceived meta whining).

BTW, I remember you. I remember the avatar anyway. Weren't you in the middle of that horsepower discussion and taking the position that the horsepower had been misstated for the P85D?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.