Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were already convinced of that long ago. Right around the time that you started listening to the bull crap that there must be "something wrong" with your car since you didn't make it to 10.9 in it.

I wasn't convinced of anything. I was merely responding to your increasingly absurd conjectures about what would happen in an exchange with tesla if someone were to present them with a request to repair what they thought was a lack of performance. It was you who came to the conclusions about what bastards tesla are.

There would be something wrong with my car if it only did 10.9 since I have a v3 p90dl. That's why I suggested fiks' v1 p90dl since he already had all the numbers. But he traded it in on his new p100d. And they accepted it even though it had been tracked. This, I thought, was a helpful suggestion to try and get some more information about the v1 cars.

I don't feel tesla owes me anything. I'm very happy with my car.

Reactions: soooma and NSX1992
I wasn't convinced of anything. I was merely responding to your increasingly absurd conjectures about what would happen in an exchange with tesla if someone were to present them with a request to repair what they thought was a lack of performance. It was you who came to the conclusions about what bastards tesla are.

There would be something wrong with my car if it only did 10.9 since I have a v3 p90dl. That's why I suggested fiks' v1 p90dl since he already had all the numbers. But he traded it in on his new p100d. And they accepted it even though it had been tracked. This, I thought, was a helpful suggestion to try and get some more information about the v1 cars.

What's absurd here tippy, is you thinking for one minute that anyone is going to get past square one by going to Tesla and stating that you want them to "fix" your car so that you can run 10.9 in it.

That is ridiculous.

But I would love to see them tell you, or snyone else to get lost as soon as you tried that.

They wouldn't be "bastards" for telling anyone that either. Indeed, I'd be disappointed if they didn't.

..... My car just doesn't seem to have the power it should. Is there something you can do to fix it? Why would they tell me to buzz off? They've always courteously answered any questions I've put to them in the service department. Telling me to buzz off would be adversarial. If they told me my 11.2 was within the fleet norm, that would be some good information. But they might even be more forthcoming if I asked for more information.

LMAOAHMS, yeah right, I'd love to see anyone go ahead and try that.

Oh and BTW, I can do this as long as you can. Indeed longer. You just say the word.

When you can point to someone who actually get some positive results, more specifically they "fix" one's inability to run a 10.9 in your car, or they do something about anyone's V1 P90DL car's "lack of performance" based on not running 10.9, well then you come back and tell us.

But until then, you're just pipe dreaming.

It says right here that they effectively tell you or anyone else to get lost when you come at them with horse hockey about your car "lacking power" because you can't run a specific time in it..

When you or anyone else, gets your "performance issue" based upon inability to produce a specific quarter mile time rectified, well then tell us.

Until then......

Last edited:
What's absurd here tippy, is you thinking for one minute that you are going to get past square one by going to Tesla and stating that you want them to "fix" your car so that you can run 10.9 in it.
Someone up thread wasn't told to get lost. They were told they would need to test their own car for service to look at it. They wouldn't consider numbers that had been posted on the internet.

Maybe not you but they owe the v1 P90DL owners an explanation. The person you are responding to repeatedly says nasty mean things like "Tesla are liars", Elon is "a serial liar" and people "should sue Tesla". Just Google it if you don't believe me. Shameful, just shameful.

Reactions: NSX1992
Someone up thread wasn't told to get lost. They were told they would need to test their own car for service to look at it. They wouldn't consider numbers that had been posted on the internet.

Actually they were, but you didn't see it.

Telling the guy to "try" and keep trying is effectively the same as telling him to "go away".

If his car is just like the others that he was pointing to, well then why would he need to try?

They were stalling. He recognized it right off the bat. It's curious that you don't.

Why would they stall unless they had something to hide? (I know that's your next move, so don't bother)

They stalled because they know full well that it is pointless to get into it with a customer who does not run a spec. Too many variables involved.

Did they actually take any action to address his concern?

He's waited this long and he can wait the rest of his life.

When I asked Tesla service to explain why my car is not getting 10.9... they asked if I tested it. I tried telling them that a lot of people have, to no avail. They would not consider that information. The service person said I needed to test my car, then let them know. He also added that the conditions need to be correct. But would not tell me ahead of time what the conditions needed to be, stating that Tesla does not support any racing. So I bailed. I could just see going to the track, getting 11.2, then reporting it. Then have them ask "did you lower the tire pressure" ? For example - and I would say no. And we would do this dance for a few hundred rounds.

"And so I bailed".

His part in italics is exactly where this was headed, and he knew it.

That is exactly what they were hoping that he would do. Told him that he would need to test his own car........and then reminded him, oh, and BTW, "Tesla doesn't support any racing". In other words, bust something during your testing, and you're on your own.

Go away.

Does this make them "bastards"?

No. It's business.

They are not going to be on the hook for some guy who is not able to run an advertised quarter mile spec, any more than any other manufacturer would be on the hook because some guy can't run the Ring in the time advertised for one of their vehicles.

They aren't going to get into that, and I don't blame them.

The next guy will be marching in saying that he can't get the same lateral G numbers.

BTW, your turn...........

Last edited:
Maybe not you but they owe the v1 P90DL owners an explanation. The person you are responding to repeatedly says nasty mean things like "Tesla are liars", Elon is "a serial liar" and people "should sue Tesla". Just Google it if you don't believe me. Shameful, just shameful.

He can try to spin that, but he won't.

What I said was that anyone claiming that 10.9 was not possible in the P90DL when Elon and Tesla stated it, anyone making ridiculous claims about the Motor Trend test vehicle being a "ringer" is effectively calling Elon and Tesla liars.

As I posted a few pages back my V3 car lost performance with the 8.0 update, I've tested my own car and found it no longer pulls 500+kw on a full charge but rather around 470-480KW more like an older car. Upon further testing I've found the culprit, the car is now limited at 1500 Amps like an older P90DL vs 1600 Amps that we know V3 car should. Ive confirmed with other V3 P90DL owners that they still produce 1600 amps with the 8.0 update. I have contacted Tesla with all of this data and await a response.

Wow.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18 and soooma
For those who might actually be interested in getting some answers about their v1 cars, when the service department made it a requirement that Walta test his car's performance they were on the hook for any warranty damages. They know there won't be any. When Walta asked about how to set his car up for best racing performance, they couldn't advise him. He could come back and say the service manager instructed me on how to race my car and therefore implicitly allowed it. They explicitly don't cover racing.

Last edited:
By Jove I think he may be sobering up.

But unless it is known exactly and verbatim what was said to Walta, or it was actually written that he was required to test his own car, or someone else iwitnessed him being told that he was required to test his own car, or the service dept admitted that they told him he would have to test his own car, then he'd have a difficult time proving it.

If Walta had walked in, time slip in hand and stated "I've tested my car and it doesn't run 10.9" and proceeded to hand them the "proof" in the form of the timeslip" they could have instantly flagged his warranty.

This is why, pages ago, St Charles first and then myself, said that this was terrible advice.

Well, I just wouldn't do it and I wouldn't want to see any of us here run into trouble. It seems like playing with fire to display evidence of drag racing to the entity that has the capability to deny warranty claims. Maybe Tesla is different in this regard but I wouldn't do it unless I was on a first name basis with the service manager. That said...

This is TERRIBLE advice folks.

And he should have gotten some sleep before he offered it up.

Or better yet, educated himself as to how auto manufacturers typically react to subsequent warranty claims in tracked street vehicles.

Never, never, ever go to a manufacturer's service center with a car in warranty and tell them you've taken it to the drag strip "many" times.

That's asking for future warranty issues.

Fikse was handed a loaner car and took it to the track. This means Tesla had to deactivate the 80mph limiter which might indicate they knew what he was planning to do. Maybe this is a measure of Tesla as a company or perhaps it just that he buys cars as fast as a college girl buys pumpkin spice lattes.

• Funny
Reactions: msnow
Well, I just wouldn't do it and I wouldn't want to see any of us here run into trouble. It seems like playing with fire to display evidence of drag racing to the entity that has the capability to deny warranty claims. Maybe Tesla is different in this regard but I wouldn't do it unless I was on a first name basis with the service manager. That said...

Fikse was handed a loaner car and took it to the track. This means Tesla had to deactivate the 80mph limiter which might indicate they knew what he was planning to do. Maybe this is a measure of Tesla as a company or perhaps it just that he buys cars as fast as a college girl buys pumpkin spice lattes.
Yeah, I wouldn't show them how I placed in the brackets either. But they've showed their willingness to work with a customer on this specific issue. I know, they are just trying to trick him into going to the track so that they can immediately flag his warranty.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't want to see anyone get into issues following that advice either.

This is why I strongly agreed with your initial comments on it.

Or perhaps they know how much promotion they get directly from fiksgts efforts.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't show them how I placed in the brackets either. But they've showed their willingness to work with a customer on this specific issue. I know, they are just trying to trick him into going to the track so that they can immediately flag his warranty.

I certainly wouldn't bait Tesla with actual race results :) Again, it's about understanding your service manager and how they might work with you as a customer. Tesla is still a boutique/niche car maker, it's possible that the service wing has guidance to work with warranty claims unless abuse is undeniable. The reality is that we just don't know and it seems the risk to an individual owner is a lot higher if Service wants to cause problems.

Then again, I can only afford one Tesla and I am kinda banking on that warranty being pretty stout.

You probably shouldn't post your 1/4 mile times on drag times then. Tesla might subpoena teslamotorclub for the ip addresses of all people who have tracked their cars. They have a right to know who is abusing their cars so that their warranties can be flagged.

Lol, yeah ok. I probably shouldn't have taken delivery either. The car would have been safer if it never left Tesla control.

• Funny
Reactions: P85DEE and Tech_Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.