Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this and what have you done with P85DEE? Whose claiming they shortchanged anybody? My car just doesn't seem to have the power it should. Is there something you can do to fix it? Why would they tell me to buzz off? They've always courteously answered any questions I've put to them in the service department. Telling me to buzz off would be adversarial. If they told me my 11.2 was within the fleet norm, that would be some good information.

We've taken the P85DEE that you've grown to know and love hostage and we're demanding a large ransom. :D

No, seriously if you go in telling them that something is "wrong" with your car because you didn't run 10.9, only two options exist.

They either agree or disagree that because you failed to run 10.9 that something must be wrong with it.

Anyone here think they'll agree?

And if they disagree tippy, what will be your response?

We've taken the P85DEE that you've grown to know and love hostage and we're demanding a large ransom. :D

No, seriously if you go in telling them that something is "wrong" with your car because you didn't run 10.9, only two options exist.

They either agree or disagree that because you failed to run 10.9 that something must be wrong with it.

Anyone here think they'll agree?

And if they disagree tippy, what will be your response?

I would ask for more details, and we would be having a dialog. It might be productive, or not. But we're not getting any information right now. If they do stonewall and are combative, that's pretty informative, too.

Last edited:
That would not be "information" because a) they would be admitting the entire fleet had a problem of not being able to achieve the promised specs and b) them just saying it means nothing without the supporting data which you won't get because of "a".
They wouldn't just stand there mute. They'd either have to say my car that does 11.2 is normal or that there's something wrong with it and we'll fix it, or we can't fix it.

I would ask for more details, and we would be having a dialog. I might be productive, or not. But we're not getting any information right now. If they do stonewall and are combative, that's pretty informative, too.

Now we're getting somewhere.

You're outlining a strategy. I appreciate that.

Ok, you "ask for more details".

They tell you "Mr. Tippy, we've conducted a thorough inspection of your vehicle and we have found no issues with, mechanical or otherwise. (That'll be $1200.00 for the labor :D)

Jk about the part in parentheses.

But they tell you " we find nothing wrong with the car. Your car is working perfectly. That's all the details that we have and can give you."

At this point you say that "we would be having a dialogue".

A dialogue required two of course.

Well, what if they're done talking at this point and there is no "dialogue".

You say that at this point, were they to refuse to speak further, that would be informative too.

I don't know exactly what information aside from that your car was working right and that they felt that there was no further need for discussion it would provide.

Please enlighten me if you believe that it would say more.

Thanks

Last edited:
That would not be "information" because a) they would be admitting the entire fleet had a problem of not being able to achieve the promised specs and b) them just saying it means nothing without the supporting data which you won't get because of "a".
Is it still the case that no one in the wild has tested the P90DL V1 in a similar configuration as what MT tested? If that is true, then we cannot claim the car can't do 10.9. I know, based on the physics of it, we can make an educated guess what it can do.But, until someone actually does the test with a car configured the same as the MT car it does leave room for discussion.
To put the 10.9 claim to rest, we really need to know the specs of the MT car. Then get one exactly like it... and test it out.
When I asked Tesla service to explain why my car is not getting 10.9... they asked if I tested it. I tried telling them that a lot of people have, to no avail. They would not consider that information. The service person said I needed to test my car, then let them know. He also added that the conditions need to be correct. But would not tell me ahead of time what the conditions needed to be, stating that Tesla does not support any racing. So I bailed. I could just see going to the track, getting 11.2, then reporting it. Then have them ask "did you lower the tire pressure" ? For example - and I would say no. And we would do this dance for a few hundred rounds.

Reactions: bhzmark
They wouldn't just stand there mute. They'd either have to say my car that does 11.2 is normal or that there's something wrong with it and we'll fix it, or we can't fix it.

That's where you're wrong.

They have at least one other option.

They could say that you don't posses the skills required to make the car perform to its capabilities.

And before you say "well I'd give them the car back and tell them to make it run 10.9."

Well if it came to that, they could easily refuse.

They simply quit talking to you altogether and then if they decide to push back, they've the option to flag your warranty for all of the track flogging you must be doing in order to come at them with your argument.

Last edited:
Is it still the case that no one in the wild has tested the P90DL V1 in a similar configuration as what MT tested? If that is true, then we cannot claim the car can't do 10.9. I know, based on the physics of it, we can make an educated guess what it can do.But, until someone actually does the test with a car configured the same as the MT car it does leave room for discussion.
To put the 10.9 claim to rest, we really need to know the specs of the MT car. Then get one exactly like it... and test it out.
When I asked Tesla service to explain why my car is not getting 10.9... they asked if I tested it. I tried telling them that a lot of people have, to no avail. They would not consider that information. The service person said I needed to test my car, then let them know. He also added that the conditions need to be correct. But would not tell me ahead of time what the conditions needed to be, stating that Tesla does not support any racing. So I bailed. I could just see going to the track, getting 11.2, then reporting it. Then have them ask "did you lower the tire pressure" ? For example - and I would say no. And we would do this dance for a few hundred rounds.

I'm not surprised at all.

I know of no case, not saying that there isn't one, but I know of no case where a private owner not able to run a manufacturer's published spec, was successful in any complaint against the manufacturer for that reason.

When they sold it they said it was a 10.9 car. Months later after the complaints started they added a line on their order page in fine print at the bootom saying "base optioned" (or words to that effect). No other magazine has been able to reproduce the 10.9, to this day Motor Trend themselves refuse to answer questions about their testing leading to speculation it was a "ringer" car. In addition if you deduct any option of weight such as the pano you can't mathematically get .3 off of the time. No one else here, Reddit, Tesla.com Forums have ever got close to 10.9. You'd have to believe NASA faked the moon landing to believe there's a 10.9 in a production v1 P90DL car.

Now we're getting somewhere.

You're outlining a strategy. I appreciate that.

Ok, you "ask for more details".

They tell you "Mr. Tippy, we've conducted a thorough inspection of your vehicle and we have found no issues with, mechanical or otherwise. (That'll be $1200.00 for the labor :D)

Jk about the part in parentheses.

But they tell you " we find nothing wrong with the car. Your car is working perfectly. That's all the details that we have and can give you."

At this point you say that "we would be having a dialogue".

A dialogue required two of course.

Well, what if they're done talking at this point and there is no "dialogue".

You say that at this point, were they to refuse to speak further, that would be informative too.

I don't know exactly what information aside from that your car was working right and that they felt that there was no further need for discussion it would provide.

Please enlighten me if you believe that it would say more.

Thanks
If they could find nothing wrong with the car that would confirm that 11.2 is what the car is capable of.

In the past they have been willing to take me out into the service bay and talk to me until I was done asking questions. If now on this issue they give me a terse answer, spin on there heals and walk away, that would tell me they weren't supposed to discuss the issue.

If they could find nothing wrong with the car that would confirm that 11.2 is what the car is capable of.

Well not exactly.

That would only "confirm" that this is all that "you" have been able to get out of it so far.

In the past they have been willing to take me out into the service bay and talk to me until I was done asking questions. If now on this issue they give me a terse answer, spin on there heals and walk away, that would tell me they weren't supposed to discuss the issue.

With the controversy in here on this topic, and Tesla likely monitoring it, as well as and in light of the spinoff from that last big discussion, I could certainly understand that position.

Well not exactly.

That would only "confirm" that this is all that "you" have been able to get out of it so far.

With the controversy in here on this topic, and Tesla likely monitoring it, as well as and in light of the spinoff from that last big discussion, I could certainly understand that position.

Well since these are all just your paranoid delusions, let's assume I'm an nhra 20 year veteran of top fuel dragsters and all I and every other person with my same options can get is 11.2. Although these cars are so simple to drag anyone can get good results. Right?

If there is controversy and they have a simple answer that could put it to rest, there should be no problem providing it to owners who bring their cars in for repair. It only stokes the controversy to keep the simple answer a secret.

Reactions: NSX1992 and Walta
Well since these are all just your paranoid delusions, let's assume I'm an nhra 20 year veteran of top fuel dragsters and all I and every other person with my same options can get is 11.2.

But you're not a 20 yr veteran of top fuel dragsters. .:D

If you were you wouldn't be pissing around trying to break 11 seconds in a Tesla. :D

And Tesla knows that.

They know that they aren't selling these cars to the hard core bubba with grease under his fingernails and coming over from "shivvies" and "foads".

Although these cars are so simple to drag anyone can get good results. Right?

That's what some say. But even if it is that simple it still takes some fearlessness and lack of hesitation to drive a car that fast as fast as it will go.

My point to the above statements and levity though, and on a serious note, is they aren't likely to do anything to appease some guy who hasn't run the spec in his car, regardless of the reason if the car has no mechanical or electronic issues.

Taking your car in and saying "I can't get a 10.9 out of it at my local drag strip" is probably not going to get you much.

That "customer concern" is probably not going to take priority over some of the more pressing ones.

If there is controversy and they have a simple answer that could put it to rest, there should be no problem providing it to owners who bring their cars in for repair. It only stokes the controversy to keep the simple answer a secret.

When will you be going forth with your plans?

Let us know how you come out.

Last edited:
I think Tippy is not qualified to do 1/4 mile runs in an MS until she/he does a stint at MotorTrend :)

What's next?

A guy can't run the Nürburgring in the same time as the manufacturer or a magazine ran it, and so he takes his car in claiming there's something wrong with it?

And then claims that whatever time he ran is all that the car has in it.

Nope. This won't get legs.

They'll tell him to pound sand, just as they told you.

They never guaranteed or promised that everyone would be able to run 10.9 in this car.

And they never said "if it doesn't run 10.9, then ther s something wrong with it", and they're likely not about to start saying either now.

Last edited:
But you're not a 20 yr veteran of top fuel dragsters. .:D

If you were you wouldn't be pissing around trying to break 11 seconds in a Tesla. :D

And Tesla knows that.

They know that they aren't selling these cars to the hard core bubba with grease under his fingernails and coming over from "shivvies" and "foads".

That's what some say. But even if it is that simple it still takes some fearlessness and lack of hesitation to drive a car that fast as fast as it will go.

My point to the above statements and levity though, and on a serious note, is they aren't likely to do anything to appease some guy who hasn't run the spec in his car, regardless of the reason if the car has no mechanical or electronic issues.

Taking your car in and saying "I can't get a 10.9 out of it at my local drag strip" is probably not going to get you much.

That "customer concern" is probably not going to take priority over some of the more pressing ones.

When will you be going forth with your plans?

Let us know how you come out.
You obviously have discerned the total lack of concern that tesla has for their customers and their totally absurd thought processes so that it hardly seems worthwhile now. I don't think anyone should bother. Sigh.

You
You obviously have discerned the total lack of concern that tesla has for their customers and their totally absurd thought processes so that it hardly seems worthwhile now. I don't think anyone should bother. Sigh.

You could have saved a lot of time, effort and bandwidth by capitulating hours ago. :D

It's never too early to cry "uncle" when you're debating P85DEE.:D

Oh well. You learn by doing. :D

This time and with me, the excercise didn't cost you anything but time.

Oh yeah, I admit, it's time that you'll never get back, and that's bad enough......or really is it? I mean after all, you spent that time in exchange with me and now you know what not to do should you go to lock horns with Tesla. But no matter how you look at it, it could have been worse.

You try this approach and argument with Tesla, and it's liable to cost you time AND money.

Last edited:
Sarcasm I assume.
Oh, no. He has truly convinced me of how deplorable the company is with which I have become entangled. He need not try to depress me any further. There is so much sand everywhere. I shudder at the thought.

I'm not sure I'll be able to respond any more tonight. I'm in contact with NASA about the lack of altitude I can reach with my lunar lander. They're not being very responsive, though. They keep saying something about lunar dust and one of my orifices.

Last edited:
Oh, no. He has truly convinced me of how deplorable the company is with which I have become entangled. He need not try to depress me any further. There is so much sand everywhere. I shudder at the thought.

I'm not sure I'll be able to respond any more tonight. I'm in contact with NASA about the lack of altitude I can reach with my lunar lander. They're not being very responsive, though. They keep saying something about lunar dust and one of my orifices.
A half million will get you a coach seat to Mars on Elon Air.

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd
Status
Not open for further replies.