Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No More Aero Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the market speaks. I have to wonder how many sets they actually sold.
The market is price-sensitive. I'd be considering a 3rd set of wheels if the price wasn't (for my $) unjustifiably high.

- - - Updated - - -

So this is the second time they've discontinued Aero wheels?
Second public time, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone actually seen a Model S with the aero wheels?
I see Model S daily around here, and have yet to see any with those wheels.
For me: Delivery pictures on TMC. Off-car live. Never on-car, live.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I crazy or did they also used to have a gray version of the 19" turbine wheels as well - which are also not there anymore (or am i mad)
Aftermarket pictures on TMC is probably what you're recalling through the haze. :)

Exactly, frankly I'm really surprised and disappointed that Elon thought those wheels would be in any way appropriate for the Model S. A nice looking set of aero wheels would definitely sell well, and would not be that difficult to design, but what they offered simply looked like crap.

I hope they don't give up though. No question, I'd buy a nice looking set. Yes, I know nice looking is relative but clearly the latest offer wasn't it. The market IS still there though.

It would be funny if the latest discontinued aero's become the hottest Tesla collectible item. My guess would be they sold relatively few sets.

Where do you see the price?

Yeah, no price on the page. Maybe, $2,500 like they were in the design studio for new cars?! More expensive with the tires included maybe.

I'd like just the wheels; let's see if that'd be possible.

*Lug nuts sold separately*

Has Tesla delivered to Australia yet? Perhaps we can do a wheel share program since our seasons are reversed :)

AO, if you want my vanilla 19" (curb-rash-free) wheels instead, we can work something out :)