Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more free unlimited supercharging for some used Tesla vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a screenshot of this from the current owners account in case they try to remove the FUSC after transfer of ownership. You should be fine on your drive home, it tends to take days if not weeks for transfer of ownership to be processed. If you want to be super safe don't even request transfer of ownership until you get home.View attachment 439225
I used to have the same paragraph regarding supercharging for my 2015D. Tesla changed it in my account to free unlimited supercharging. No mention made of it transferring to next owner. Free supercharging was supposed to run with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I used to have the same paragraph regarding supercharging for my 2015D. Tesla changed it in my account to free unlimited supercharging. No mention made of it transferring to next owner. Free supercharging was supposed to run with the car.

My account has also been changed for my 2016 car. It just says free unlimited supercharging. They have scrubbed any mention of the next owner. Unbelievably sleazy if this is true.

Why are you so critical of my post? To what end?

I said, and I quote “ I believe for livery service”. From what I recall my classmate/ Tesla employee saying, my car has some special uniqueness in it that Model S’s were not made in s70 in 2017. They were made specially for car dealership owners to some end, wither that be livery or some other reason.

Regardless, and to the point, as a retail consumer buying it from another retail consumer, I shouldnt have lost free supercharging as it was part of the understood value of the property.

Question for you: Are you a shill Tesla employee poster in the forms?

Livery services were specifically excluded from Free Supercharging for a long time.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I recently purchased a post-facelift, pre AP2 2016 S 90D with the “free unlimited supercharging” option on the site. After taking delivery now my account shows pay per use supercharging?? Wtf! Waiting to hear back from sales advisor for more details.... I know it isn’t a huge expense saver but they also refused to fix the condensation in taillights and some interior damage that wasn’t shown in photos due to “normal wear and tear”.... might have to try to return this one.

I recently purchased a post-facelift, pre AP2 2016 S 90D with the “free unlimited supercharging” option on the site. After taking delivery now my account shows pay per use supercharging?? Wtf! Waiting to hear back from sales advisor for more details.... I know it isn’t a huge expense saver but they also refused to fix the condensation in taillights and some interior damage that wasn’t shown in photos due to “normal wear and tear”.... might have to try to return this one.
You bought it directly from Tesla?

Correct, it’s a “CPO” with the 4 year/50k etc etc. Clean title and all that, just feel really taken advantage of after the whole transaction even though I love the car (first Tesla)
They’ve removed free supercharging from their used “CPO” inventory recently.
If you purchased before they removed it but took delivery after, maybe they removed it by mistake.

Either way, if it was advertised with free supercharging when you made the purchase then that’s what you’re owed.

Reactions: byeLT4
I was just reading through this and it made me look at my account.

I bought a 2013 P85 Model S from a third party Dealership on June 18th, 2019. (Shift Motors in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.)
I bought the car being told that the car had FUSC for the life of the car. Looking at my account now I see that I have 400kWh of free super charging per year, and every time i charge it would show how many kWh i used then reset to 400.

On July 14, 2019 this happened again (used 19kWh and reset to 400kWh next day), but then on July 17, 2019 I used 30kWh and it subtracted it from the 400kWh. No big deal I thought it will reset again. Nope not this time, used it again on July 26, 2019 for 36kWh and it subtracted again (400-30-36=336kWh)

I plan on doing some long road trips this winter and coming spring and was thinking "this is great is can road trip for basically free"
I am very upset by this as this is not what I paid for or was promised when I bought the car. I am going to be fighting Tesla on this on as I take my car in for a battery pack replacement tomorrow.

They’ve removed free supercharging from their used “CPO” inventory recently.
If you purchased before they removed it but took delivery after, maybe they removed it by mistake.

Either way, if it was advertised with free supercharging when you made the purchase then that’s what you’re owed.
Thanks AMPd. That’s what I believe too. I want my FUSC or >$2000 that it would cost to “add” it in the past. Like I said, I mainly commute and use free charging in my apartment garage at 220/30A, however it was promised as I made my order deposit and has really been the straw that broke the camel’s back in what was otherwise a very exciting day for me.

Reactions: AMPd
This car is causing me so much inner turmoil!

I love the car. LOVE the car!

But I hate all the sleazy sounding things I'm hearing about - trying to get out of fixing or replacing yellow border MCU's, removing FUSC, weaseling out of and deleting referrals, bumping the car price after you put down your deposit, not fixing things that should clearly be warranty items.....

But my personal experience with my local service center has been absolutely great. They've been top notch!

But I can't get anyone on the phone, ever. Emails take weeks or months to get a reply, if you even get one. It's been almost 4 months and still no title.

But what an amazing car! Driving it makes me so happy!

But I feel like I can't recommend to my friends that they should buy one, because from a corporate level I absolutely don't trust them. And then when they don't honor the free supercharger referral miles to my friend, I also look like a dick.

Argh!

This car is causing me so much inner turmoil!

I love the car. LOVE the car!

But I hate all the sleazy sounding things I'm hearing about - trying to get out of fixing or replacing yellow border MCU's, removing FUSC, weaseling out of and deleting referrals, bumping the car price after you put down your deposit, not fixing things that should clearly be warranty items.....

But my personal experience with my local service center has been absolutely great. They've been top notch!

But I can't get anyone on the phone, ever. Emails take weeks or months to get a reply, if you even get one. It's been almost 4 months and still no title.

But what an amazing car! Driving it makes me so happy!

But I feel like I can't recommend to my friends that they should buy one, because from a corporate level I absolutely don't trust them. And then when they don't honor the free supercharger referral miles to my friend, I also look like a dick.

Argh!

I'm pretty much the same way about it.

The local service personnel were the ones that kept me a Tesla owner despite not liking the defects on delivery.

The car itself is absolutely wonderful.

But, all these ridiculous things regarding customer service are destroying my ability to recommend the car to friends/coworkers/etc. I can't recommend it in good conscious.

As a very simple example Tesla isn't refunding people who ACCIDENTALLY ordered FSD because they were using their phones to look it up, and fat fingered it. Or they didn't realize the price had changed. I could understand if it was just a simple mistake of a customer service rep not being able to reverse it, but it was a company wide practice. Where multiple people were unable to get it removed, and refunded. That's a lot of dough for a simple mistake.

Tesla wouldn't have the right to pull FUSC off even if the used-car dealer takes the car title into their own name. If Tesla pulled FUSC away from cars owned by used-car dealers then they would be devaluing the used-car dealer's inventory. The dealer (as well as the previous owners) purchased the car with the FUSC feature built into the price -- Tesla can't take this away without buying back the car.

I was referring to the literal logic in https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/free-unlimited-supercharging-v2-jpg.437963/

If Tesla sells a factory car to Owner 1 and Owner 1 sells it to Dealer A (Owner 2) and Dealer A sells it to Owner 3 then Tesla can say it only transferred to the second owner and not the third owner. Whether you think that's right morally or right legally they could only do it by that logic if Dealer A took ownership and put the title in their name.

If Dealer A never put the title in their name then how could Tesla know about it? If Tesla can't prove it ever belonged to a Dealer (because in that state dealers don't register car titles, they just hand over paperwork that lets you transfer the title from a prior owner) then Tesla should have no legal grounds to call the next person that registers the title anything but Owner 2.

I'm not advocating that Tesla remove the free supercharging. I'm talking about the difference between states that allow car dealerships to sell a used car without putting the dealers name on the title and states that force used car dealers to put the title in their name before reselling it.

Thus if the state sees it as two owners not more than two owners, it seems to me that Tesla has no grounds based on the logic of the "next owner" statement to remove it.

I was referring to the literal logic in https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/free-unlimited-supercharging-v2-jpg.437963/

If Tesla sells a factory car to Owner 1 and Owner 1 sells it to Dealer A (Owner 2) and Dealer A sells it to Owner 3 then Tesla can say it only transferred to the second owner and not the third owner. Whether you think that's right morally or right legally they could only do it by that logic if Dealer A took ownership and put the title in their name.

If Dealer A never put the title in their name then how could Tesla know about it? If Tesla can't prove it ever belonged to a Dealer (because in that state dealers don't register car titles, they just hand over paperwork that lets you transfer the title from a prior owner) then Tesla should have no legal grounds to call the next person that registers the title anything but Owner 2.

I'm not advocating that Tesla remove the free supercharging. I'm talking about the difference between states that allow car dealerships to sell a used car without putting the dealers name on the title and states that force used car dealers to put the title in their name before reselling it.

Thus if the state sees it as two owners not more than two owners, it seems to me that Tesla has no grounds based on the logic of the "next owner" statement to remove it.
They have no logic to advertise P85D as 691hp car then later come back saying it's only the motors which are theoretically capable of this, but the rest of the car will limit it to 463hp, yet they did it. Their "screen yellows due to sun exposure and is therefore a wear and tear item" also defies logic, yet they are claiming that. Their page used to explicitly say pre Jan 2017 cars had free supercharging for the life of the car, yet they wiped that off their website and pretend it wasn't there. All these things they are doing don't make sense, they simply count on people not willing to spend the resources to sue. Elon's strategy is new customers acquisition, keeping existing customers happy is low on the priority list, especially if it costs money. This is why he overreacts to any media storms, but ignores issues which don't get media coverage.

I have gone back and forth with Tesla on FUSC issue - the last interchange pretty much said that any Tesla that was wholesaled would have FUSC removed from it. Implying that if the car was traded in to any dealer or placed in any auction that FUSC was removed.

I also asked for a copy of the policy they were enforcing, but that part is always ignored....