Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No software update in awhile....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We haven't received an update for a few weeks......just curious if anyone knows what's going on? Wonder what they're working on.

Yeah. I think it is pretty normal. It is preparation for the first "2020" updates. My guess is that they are working on "city NOA". We will probably get 2020.4 in a couple weeks.

My guess is that the first 2020 update will complete the update to 2020 Model 3s so that they display the "correct" rated range (and perhaps will include an efficiency improvement too though that may already be baked in; no way to know). Right now it seems to be a partial update to Performance Model 3s (based on wheel selection) only.

We haven't received an update for a few weeks......just curious if anyone knows what's going on? Wonder what they're working on.
Hopefully they are fixing the bugs in the last update as a lot of people do not have any voice commands including navigation. Whilst I like my car and enjoy the fun part it would be nice if some proper upgrades were added before more games and streaming services. A decent navigation package allowing route planning (Not just to one destination) on a tablet or PC which could then be transferred to the car would be my request.

Hopefully they are fixing the bugs in the last update as a lot of people do not have any voice commands including navigation. Whilst I like my car and enjoy the fun part it would be nice if some proper upgrades were added before more games and streaming services. A decent navigation package allowing route planning (Not just to one destination) on a tablet or PC which could then be transferred to the car would be my request.

Voice commands aren't the only problem. I know there's a bug with charging on my Model S, and service has indicated that it's known to Tesla. I cannot use scheduled charging at the moment, as well my rear camera hasn't been functional since V10 was released so hopefully the next one will actually be a stabilizing release.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I hope they give some of the new holiday update features to AP2 MCU1 vehicles. I don't care about Netflix and such, but I'd love to have the new voice commands and text readout for safer driving....not sure why MCU1 owners were given coal for Christmas this year....sad to think they might be abandoning the folks who helped get them here....
I’ve noticed that my 17 doesn’t get the quickest updates, but when I do get the updates they are very stable now. (Even though I have Advanced preference selected.)

I wonder what the next update series will contain, I suspect they could be significant. Last release is base of 2010.40, which was produced in week 40 last year I.e is 3 months old.

if we were to see say something based on 2020.04, it woild be four months younger. There could well be significant change in there, I’m thinking city NOA available in the US, based on Elon’s ‘soon’ comment of last week.

Won't it only roll into 2020.x when January builds make it into production?

So by that, I'm expecting next version to hit car to be something like 2019.44 (end Oct/start Nov build). Last year 2018.50.x seemed to be latest version designated 2018, which look to have arrived in January 2019.

So another few months to get feature complete delivered to our cars if its a 2019.52 build ;)

Last edited:
It just hit me when I saw this thread--for what other car would we think it's weird when there isn't a software update for a few weeks? Until very very recently, cars never got regular software updates. Not even for bug fixes. It wasn't even in the realm of possibility, a concept one even considered. And none actually significantly increased functionality and performance the way Tesla's have.

Truly we are living in the future.

But yes I am eagerly awaiting any new updates they might have soon. Hope the devs got a little breathing space after the huge holiday push...even the best of us can't be on a permanent death march. All those bugs in the Christmas patch must have hurt. I know I take it personally when one of my own bugs gets reported!

I wonder when will we see this first 2020.x.x update? Part of me thinks that 2020.x.x will contain AP3 only features so Tesla is waiting until more cars get the AP3 upgrade before releasing those new features.