Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Nonsense from John Petersen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've figured him out, rather obvious actually. He's a very cagey long who has been pumping up the shorts setting up a massive short squeeze, and he continues to do the same. Nothing else makes any rational sense. Well done Mr. Petersen :wink:

Actually, I found this article to be pretty fair for having come from Mr P. His point that this may have been a one time convergence of the stars is probably spot on. We'll see what the numbers look like for Q2 and Q3. This 1st Qtr profit is a great milestone for Tesla and many didn't think it would ever happen. But it doesn't mean they have crossed the goal line yet, just gotten a 1st down. I really didn't think I'd ever get my roadster with the troubles the company had in 2008 and 2009, but they survived and I got a really fun car to drive. I'm planning on hanging on to it until Gen III or until someone takes my keys away, which ever comes first. I hope they continue on this path that they have started, but it is by no means a sure thing yet. Just one opinon among many.

Or he's one of those people who is so fixated and obsessed on one company as the right way to do something and everyone else is wrong and doesnt see the forest from the trees.
Poor man is delusional... Then again people who follow delusional people always meet a bad end in both politics and finance.

Actually, I found this article to be pretty fair for having come from Mr P. His point that this may have been a one time convergence of the stars is probably spot on. We'll see what the numbers look like for Q2 and Q3. This 1st Qtr profit is a great milestone for Tesla and many didn't think it would ever happen. But it doesn't mean they have crossed the goal line yet, just gotten a 1st down. I really didn't think I'd ever get my roadster with the troubles the company had in 2008 and 2009, but they survived and I got a really fun car to drive. I'm planning on hanging on to it until Gen III or until someone takes my keys away, which ever comes first. I hope they continue on this path that they have started, but it is by no means a sure thing yet. Just one opinon among many.

Problem is that he previously wrote that they were going to run out of cash and now he's using the "illusion" angle even though the illusion takes skill and not only helps them not run out of cash but has allowed them to get more cash in part by demonstrating that production volume is no longer an obstacle. Basically he's completely ignoring the importance of time to the success of Tesla. The probabilities have shifted in Tesla's favor and that's what should matter to investors.

An amusing exchange that will probably be deleted that I thought I'd post here for posterity.
I received a notice from SA that one of my posts had been deleted.
Dear JRP3,
We have deleted your comment because it contains an unsubstantiated allegation against the article’s author.

The offending post:

Nothing like a Petersen TSLA article to bump the share price again. I finally figured out that you're a secret TSLA long who has been writing these ridiculous articles to pump the short position and increase the Tsunami of hurt effect. Well done, and thank you.

My response about the post removal:

Did someone actually take my joke about Petersen's secret TSLA position seriously?

Petersen:

It's juvenile and offensive; little more than electronic stalking and bullying. You've obviously learned nothing about civil online relationships.

Me:

You've got to be kidding considering your posting history, which I won't bother to go into here. My post was tongue in cheek and obviously sarcastic, not a series of personal attacks, attempts to change anyone's posting behavior, or trying to get anyone censored.

I guess ad hominem and bullying is only OK when he's doing it. :biggrin:

They considered that "offensive". If anything, Q2 may look better for TLSA than Q1.

They block anything that is not roses or negative towards author if he complains I bet. I had posts like 'you don't seem to able to back up your arguments with facts so you insult people's intelligence when they take down your argument with facts' not approved as offensive as well. There really is little point engaging JP on Seeking Alpha when you can even get into a discussion unless you support his argument or at least are not critical of him at all.

The thing is that Elon said in the conf. that this was a confluence of events that won't be repeated. He also pointed out that next qtr will suffer because they're going to have cars in shipment to Europe that can't be counted as sales.

Of course, when that happens, JP will write an article saying, "see, I told you so!"

The thing is that Elon said in the conf. that this was a confluence of events that won't be repeated. He also pointed out that next qtr will suffer because they're going to have cars in shipment to Europe that can't be counted as sales.

Of course, when that happens, JP will write an article saying, "see, I told you so!"
When is the next Conf Call? I'd like to start lining up some money to buy some shares. :)

I'd be pretty annoyed by this if I couldn't take solace in my retirement account that has now tripled in size, in part because it's his articles that contributed to setting up the shorts so we could knock them down. I wonder what needs to happen for him to issue a mea culpa. Or maybe he's smarter than we give him credit for and is making a ton of money off us Tesla fanboys who keep clicking on his provocative articles. Pretty sure he's not making anything through his investment skills.

Seriously. I'm actively considering selling my stake and retiring next year so I can go be a school teacher or save the whales or something. It's getting kinda hard to be annoyed at John Peterson, rather than just feeling a sense of pity for him.