Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nonsense from John Petersen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still clinging to hope :biggrin:

Carnardie
JP: "I liked Axion at $2.30 and I like it even more at $0.56.

Before June 30, 2013, the stock prices of Axion and Tesla will cross, with Axion climbing and Tesla falling."

Today is June 30, 2013, so time to update the record. The Axion you liked so much at $0.56 is now $0.153, or down 72% from your increased liking. Tesla, on the other hand, is $107.36.

It's one thing to be wrong, but to be wrong by more than 2 orders of magnitude is extraordinary.

John Petersen
I was obviously wrong on timing, but my thesis on the lines crossing in the not too distant future remains intact.

Tesla is trading at over 20x book value and spending like a drunken sailor on assets that provide no return on capital, and to make matters worse no return of capital.

Axion is trading at about 1x book value as it makes the transition from R&D to commercialization of a very important product.

The art of investing is buying when stocks are undervalued and selling when they're overvalued. A wise man who knew about the two companies would be selling Tesla and buying Axion.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/296...he-balance-and-found-wanting#comment-20561682

At this point, I kinda feel bad for the guy. He's probably lost a lot of money and there are over 250 posts on this thread ridiculing him (not that it's hard to do).

If he had simply been wrong, that happens. Nothing wrong with that. But he ridiculed people backing Tesla, called them as intelligent as fifth graders and said they lived in a fantasy land though.

Tesla is trading at over 20x book value and spending like a drunken sailor on assets that provide no return on capital, and to make matters worse no return of capital.

Obviously, he is referring to the SC network. To me this is the epitome of narrow in-the-box thinking. The SC network is selling MANY cars, and obviously, they priced its amortization into the cost structure of the car. So it will return hugely on capital! They are going to dominate the long-range EV market for years to come based on this investment.

Those who cannot think outside their preconceptions are doomed to be devoured by them.

If he had simply been wrong, that happens. Nothing wrong with that. But he ridiculed people backing Tesla, called them as intelligent as fifth graders and said they lived in a fantasy land though.
Yup, can't feel too bad for him, he went on a dedicated smear campaign against Tesla, EV's, and anyone who countered his garbage with facts. He's a giant blowhard tool, and I'm just having too much fun watching him go down with the ship, even though it's costing me a few dollars. I've lost money on stocks before without getting the entertainment value that Petersen provides.

Axion is down to 22 cents.

And down to 16 cents.

Plus looks like Axion will ran out of cash real soon:

Untitled.jpg