Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been almost two weeks after I got my front PPF done from ALEX. I was told to wait for two weeks for “cure”. I had one major issue around side mirror, it is not been properly cut and it kind of stick out, since it is on passenger side mirror so it is very noticeable before open passenger side door(when mirror folded), I do not think it will cure by it self and will contact Alex tomorrow to see what he says. There are a few other place is not perfect but it barely can be noticeable.

Attachments

• A1AE7AB8-8853-4C8A-A493-1FE2B54A954F.jpeg
    A1AE7AB8-8853-4C8A-A493-1FE2B54A954F.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 123
Anyone have pics from their front PPF job? Did you have the shop take the emblem off? Just curious what the film looks like with or without removing the emblem.

If you don't specify, Alex will lave the emblem and cut around it. I specifically requested they remove the emblem first, which they did. They were not able to save the emblem to re-apply. I have Tesla mobile service coming out tomorrow with a new emblem.

Unfortunately for me, there is a scratch where the emblem was. They indicated it was already there when they removed the emblem. That seems like an incredible coincidence, but of course I can't be sure and therefor I can't refute their argument. I'm hoping Tesla will be able to apply the new emblem to cover the scratch.

It has been almost two weeks after I got my front PPF done from ALEX. I was told to wait for two weeks for “cure”. I had one major issue around side mirror, it is not been properly cut and it kind of stick out, since it is on passenger side mirror so it is very noticeable before open passenger side door(when mirror folded), I do not think it will cure by it self and will contact Alex tomorrow to see what he says. There are a few other place is not perfect but it barely can be noticeable.

Shoddy job!

If you don't specify, Alex will lave the emblem and cut around it. I specifically requested they remove the emblem first, which they did. They were not able to save the emblem to re-apply. I have Tesla mobile service coming out tomorrow with a new emblem.

Unfortunately for me, there is a scratch where the emblem was. They indicated it was already there when they removed the emblem. That seems like an incredible coincidence, but of course I can't be sure and therefor I can't refute their argument. I'm hoping Tesla will be able to apply the new emblem to cover the scratch.

Why couldn't they save it? Do you have to pay for the replacement emblem? I'm assuming yes

Why couldn't they save it? Do you have to pay for the replacement emblem? I'm assuming yes

Not sure why they couldn't save it. I have heard other shops are able to save and re-apply the emblem. With them being booked until October, I suspect they are so busy they are probably cutting some corners. The PPF work was not nearly as well done as our first Model 3, which was done at a one-person shop.

I'm also assuming I will be charged for the replacement emblem. Tesla did not say one way or the other when I talked with parts/service. It can't be too much; I'll chime back in tomorrow after Tesla comes by to do the work.

• Informative
Reactions: SJC3

Interesting. I am on the exact same boat. I also requested to remove the emblem and there is a deep scratch on the left side of where the 'T' was.

I requested to give me the emblem they removed, but they only had the lower part of the 'T' logo. Have no idea why they didn't keep it for me.

Interesting. I am on the exact same boat. I also requested to remove the emblem and there is a deep scratch on the left side of where the 'T' was.

I requested to give me the emblem they removed, but they only had the lower part of the 'T' logo. Have no idea why they didn't keep it for me.

The plot thickens ...

I find it odd that two cars have similar scratches in the same general area! o_O

I just got a quote back for the Los Gatos location. Great price for matte PPF and window tint (~1500-2000) less than everywhere else but a little worried with the quality issues here :(. Anyone know if the Los Gatos location is better than the San Jose location?

Just wondering, has anyone heard of MUM sports?

Yea, heard good things from a co worker, waiting to hear back with a quote. Expect pretty high though. Most of the quotes I've gotten at more "quality" or "careful" shops are ~1500-2000 more just for the PPF (full body), window tint ends up being 600-850 for ceramic (exclude windshield).

XpertWheels price is extremely competitive. It's even better than the LA/SoCal shops and they have way more competition. It's just with the volume, I think it's hard to keep up with every mm of detail. I visit family in orange county every so often and I've been hard pressed to find a shop that will do PPF (full body) and ceramic window tint for anything under 6000.