Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my EDD yesterday, a week after my VIN as 08/13-08/19 and delivery scheduling text today. Only options I had for delivery were 08/19,08/20,08/21 - 10AM & 5PM. I was told initially that the car will be arriving Dallas on 10th. But now, I was told that it'll arrive on 16th. But hence as I received the delivery text, I went ahead and applied for my loan with DCU and got 1.49% as pre approval after providing VIN.

@Maliks I actually found an electrician from my community's FB page. He's right behind my house and mentioned it is a fairly easy install and should cost around $200 (parts & labor). Upon asking about permit, he mentioned - Don't need one to add to a dedicated circuit. Only, if we're needing to turn the entire power off to the house, which we don't need to do.

I'll keep you posted if I go ahead with him.
With DCU, how long did it take them to process and approve your loan application?

Again, no change, Sep 10th to 30th.
This is the 10th day in a row for that EDD.
But winter, I mean the weekend and month end, is coming…
I would assume your getting a vin soon. I ordered 6/20, but didn't complete my everything until 7/5. My profile started showing 9/10 - 9-30 the same time as yours and held like yours as well. I got a vin yesterday. Other than wheels, our builds are the same.

I would assume your getting a vin soon. I ordered 6/20, but didn't complete my everything until 7/5. My profile started showing 9/10 - 9-30 the same time as yours and held like yours as well. I got a vin yesterday. Other than wheels, our builds are the same.
I would love to know the logic Tesla uses for assigning VINs. I'm really starting to believe the random monkey theory. I ordered 6/14 and finished everything that day. My EDD is 9/4-9/20. Still no VIN.

I'm picking up at the Cedar Springs DFW location. I wonder how much difference that makes?

Yeah I noticed the similar spec when you said you got a VIN and immediately checked mine but alas....

I still haven't figured out if order date or profile complete date are the deciding factor as you getting a VIN before me makes it very confused as my order date is two weeks before yours, and mu profile complete date is also about 2 weeks ahead. Maybe the wheels make the difference, or the delivery location. But then I've seen a few others get similar cars weeks ago with later order/profile dates, so it seems a total lottery from the outside...

But glad you're getting your car and it does give the rest of us hope regardless of our order and EDD dates!

i opened dcu through a referral link but have not set up direct deposit etc. I’ve been more worried about vin so have not really paid attention to why dcu has not replied back with rate offer. Maybe i did not apply correctly or I did but they’re waiting for me to submit something else. What was your experience like?

I would love to know the logic Tesla uses for assigning VINs. I'm really starting to believe the random monkey theory. I ordered 6/14 and finished everything that day. My EDD is 9/4-9/20. Still no VIN.

I'm picking up at the Cedar Springs DFW location. I wonder how much difference that makes?
Exact same details as me and same pickup location - although I didn’t compete my profile until a few days later.. I don’t know how any orders after the date we ordered could have VINs before us - excluding Performance models obviously.

Reactions: MSHampton

You and me both…
But assuming your EDD doesn’t slip you would have to get a VIN next week surely?

Exact same details as me and same pickup location - although I didn’t compete my profile until a few days later.. I don’t know how any orders after the date we ordered could have VINs before us - excluding Performance models obviously.
I am also wondering how many orders there could be in the roughly 10 days total between the 3 of us… but again the VIN allocation and actual delivery dates just don’t seem to line up with the prioritization factors Tesla publish…

Received Text today to schedule delivery on 9/1...It said it could be sooner as well. Interesting though, when I ordered MYP, it said based on my home location, they could not deliver and i'd have to get it from the nearest Tesla location which isn't too far from me but today's text stated they will deliver it to me. Also when I was reviewing the final paperwork in my account it also said the odometer had 15 miles on it. :(
Well got a call today from out local Tesla Center about 5:15pm saying my MYP has passed their quality review check and ready to pick up but they close at 6pm. Since I would not make it in time before they close, I schedule to go in at 10am when they open. I am super excited now!

Well got a call today from out local Tesla Center about 5:15pm saying my MYP has passed their quality review check and ready to pick up but they close at 6pm. Since I would not make it in time before they close, I schedule to go in at 10am when they open. I am super excited now!
I bet you won’t get much sleep then, lol!

Will be interesting to see what your FSD makes of Texas drivers, lol!

Reactions: str8304