Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A month or so back I got a text from Tesla giving me an email address as well as two different phone numbers for text messages to check on the status of my order.

Just for giggles, yesterday I sent an email to the address, as well as texts to both of the numbers they gave asking about my order since my SA told me a few weeks ago that my car was due in Dallas on 8/18. As expected, no reply from ANY of their suggested means of contacting them.

Tesla really needs to get better at customer service. Honestly would go a long way to preventing a lot of the angst that many of us feel not knowing anything about when to expect our cars in the real world.

A month or so back I got a text from Tesla giving me an email address as well as two different phone numbers for text messages to check on the status of my order.

Just for giggles, yesterday I sent an email to the address, as well as texts to both of the numbers they gave asking about my order since my SA told me a few weeks ago that my car was due in Dallas on 8/18. As expected, no reply from ANY of their suggested means of contacting them.

Tesla really needs to get better at customer service. Honestly would go a long way to preventing a lot of the angst that many of us feel not knowing anything about when to expect our cars in the real world.
Couldn't agree more - great product, lackluster sales support service.

Competition is ramping up and majority of them are still eligible for the federal EV tax credit, public charging network installations are picking up speed, in just couple of months Tesla could be in tight spot. Not just customer service, Tesla has to seriously think about advertising as well if they got cars with no dials, buttons or knobs. With big players entering, with their ads and dealer network, EV tag may become so common Tesla would be just any other car brand and with no advertisements, no dealerships, it would be a lesser known brand. A common buyer would appreciate his car can do this Hyundai: Super Bowl Commercial - Smaht Pahk than drive itself on city roads for double the price.

Just to be sure I called Tesla to check on my financing (Wells Fargo) and sure enough, my loan app expired on 8/14 (10 days ago). So, I had them run it again and get everything back as it should be.

Again though, the web site should have alerted me that my financing option was expired and prompted me to renew it.

Glad you mentioned that as mine was due to expire today or yesterday but the website doesn’t indicate it has expired…
I must say that I don’t agree with them forcing you to have your credit run as soon as you order given that it will obviously expire before the delivery date causing a 2nd credit enquiry on our records…
Which number did you call to get it checked/sorted?

Reactions: MSHampton
After all the hubbub yesterday of getting the financing redone (I'm now with Chase instead of Wells Fargo, same rate, they just responded quicker), no change to the EDD and still no VIN so far this morning. :-( At least I had a little excitement yesterday with the financing. :)

After all the hubbub yesterday of getting the financing redone (I'm now with Chase instead of Wells Fargo, same rate, they just responded quicker), no change to the EDD and still no VIN so far this morning. :-( At least I had a little excitement yesterday with the financing. :)
That's crazy! I always wondered what would happen if when you initially got approved your credit was A+ or decent but 60+ days later if you're still waiting on the car but things happen and your credit scores dropped to the fair or below range, would they still honor the initial agreement, give you less than favorable options, or just outright say nah, we can no longer finance the car for you because of your credit.

Got a vin this morning! Ordered 6/20, completed steps 7/5. LRMY white/white 20". Hopefully it's happening for all of us this week!
Got a vin this morning! Ordered 6/20, completed steps 7/5. LRMY white/white 20". Hopefully it's happening for all of us this week!
Have the exact same configuration, same pick up location and same ODD(completed profile by 6/21). So excited to read this port and happy for you 👍