Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery day 🥳

Car was flawless.
The new Austin contactless delivery is a bit surreal. It is in a 3rd party (giant church) parking lot that today at 10am was a massive sea of various Tesla models. There’s no real indication where your delivery car is parked. We just drove through row after row of cars until we came across one with a “Congratulations ________!” with our names.

The pic is from later at Pease Park.

1631391687231.jpeg

Delivery day 🥳

Car was flawless.
The new Austin contactless delivery is a bit surreal. It is in a 3rd party (giant church) parking lot that today at 10am was a massive sea of various Tesla models. There’s no real indication where your delivery car is parked. We just drove through row after row of cars until we came across one with a “Congratulations ________!” with our names.

View attachment 708142
Congratulations!
Glad it was flawless and that is the only color I’ve seen where I feel the dark wheels look the best!

Thanks for checking 👍. This GFCI thing is throwing a wrinkle in a decision I had pretty much settled on. I’m just going to search for a reasonable option for Tesla wall charger installation and be done with it. $1,350 seems a lot, though it saves me the trouble of buying charger, materials and worrying about permit
My 2 cents. I think you would be better off buying the TWC yourself incase you have to deal with any warranty issue. As a Tesla owner you would have better luck dealing with Tesla (not that it’s a pleasant experience for anyone but odds are in your favor vs the electrician). Plus no need to pay a markup fee on TWC to the electrician.

Reactions: Maliks
Just got my text message to schedule delivery which I did for the earliest slot Monday 20th at 12pm.
Next step is to transfer the money…

The only thing I don’t like is that it would only allow delivery to my house but I would much rather pick it up. I want to spend substantial time examining the exterior of the car before accepting delivery and I don’t want a delivery extravaganza out on the street in front of the neighbors…
I guess I can try calling the Plano SC to see if I can switch it somehow? I’m sure the number on Google maps is just a call center somewhere far away though… it also looks small in Google maps so maybe there just isn’t space there to have customers collect?

Last edited:
Reactions: M-S-M and MSHampton
Just got my text message to schedule delivery which I did for the earliest slot Monday 20th at 12pm.

The only thing I don’t like is that it would only allow delivery to my house but I would much rather pick it up. I want to spend substantial time examining the exterior of the car before accepting delivery and I don’t want a delivery extravaganza out on the street in front of the neighbors…
I guess I can try calling the Plano SC to see if I can switch it somehow? I’m sure the number on Google maps is just a call center somewhere far away though… it also looks small in Google maps so maybe there just isn’t space there to have customers collect?
I have the exact same date/time slot. This was the only option provided. It is a home delivery for me too. I paid through Plaid this morning. DCU is taking their own sweet time. If they come back with a favorable rate and send me something in a mail, I plan to use it for a rate match attempt.

Reactions: LoneStarEve

Given a choice, I would’ve preferred SC pick up but no option was given. Our cars have to be on the same truck. I was told mine is reaching DFW by 19th afternoon so vey unlikely for this delivery date to be any sooner.

Reactions: LoneStarEve
Delivery day 🥳

Car was flawless.

View attachment 708142
congrats! color looks great with the dark wheels!

Question on delievery on MYP. The site had me pick a delivery date and time. I chose tomorrow at 2pm. They said delivery location was my home address. Does this mean they will drop it off? Also, will they call me at some point? Feels strange that it all happened pretty quick but haven't had any communication since.

Bc ppl ask. Ordered 8/15, VIN 8/31, Delivery window 9/5-9/25, delievery date 9/13 2pm

Try calling your SA and see if they can change it to SC pickup. That's what I did. If not, chat with Tesla online.
The Plano SC is actually utilizing the parking lot next door. Plenty of space and there two designated rows for pickup vehicles.

Yes, home delivery is a drop off. Our delivery changed to home with the delivery appointment, but I called the generic Tesla number and was insistent that it be changed back to delivery center pickup. They gave a bit of an argument, but with insistence they made the change. Delivery was still contactless at a giant "partner" delivery site which ended up being a massive church parking lot up the road from Tesla. The parking lot was full of 100s and 100s of Teslas that were in various states of prep for delivery. There was also a large transport truck unloading more.

I can see why they are defaulting to home delivery as there was no way for them to indicate where are car was in the lot. We enjoyed the surreal experience of driving row, by row, by row looking for our car. It was easily identifiable as there was a congratulations sign hanging off the front windshield mirror with our names.

I preferred picking up a car with 5 miles on the odometer, rather than having it end up being 15 or so with someone driving it in to the city and dropping it off. I'm sure the home delivery would have been fine, but we enjoyed the experience of picking it up.

Reactions: sravs448
Yes, home delivery is a drop off. Our delivery changed to home with the delivery appointment, but I called the generic Tesla number and was insistent that it be changed back to delivery center pickup. They gave a bit of an argument, but with insistence they made the change. Delivery was still contactless at a giant "partner" delivery site which ended up being a massive church parking lot up the road from Tesla. The parking lot was full of 100s and 100s of Teslas that were in various states of prep for delivery. There was also a large transport truck unloading more.

I can see why they are defaulting to home delivery as there was no way for them to indicate where are car was in the lot. We enjoyed the surreal experience of driving row, by row, by row looking for our car. It was easily identifiable as there was a congratulations sign hanging off the front windshield mirror with our names.

I preferred picking up a car with 5 miles on the odometer, rather than having it end up being 15 or so with someone driving it in to the city and dropping it off. I'm sure the home delivery would have been fine, but we enjoyed the experience of picking it up.
Nice to know about your experience. Is this church behind the Tesla in Domain or the one on Research Blvd?

Car is tentatively booked in with Clear Bra North Dallas for the following morning to get full PPF coverage including the windshield (for chips) and IR tints on side and rear windows.

I’m going to wait until spring to do the roof in the IR blocking tint and the front inside of the windshield in clear IR blocking film as just the above is essentially adding about 12% to the car purchase price…

I also have to bear in mind that I will want to get them to do tints and either full or front clip only PPF on my wife’s forthcoming Mini.

On the subject of the Mini their order tracking system seems a lot better than Tesla’s in that while it doesn’t give an EDD it has about a dozen stages the car goes through including build scheduled, starting build, painting, assembly, plus at port, trucking and so on. I much prefer that to a constantly moving EDD…

Last edited:
Delivery day 🥳

Car was flawless.

View attachment 708142