Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nov 21 Truck Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Putting my name in the bucket as well. If anyone has a +1 or more, I'd be willing to work something out to attend. Me and a couple of friends are from Oklahoma and happen to be in LA for a wedding. I convinced them to buy model 3s with me and it's been a dream of mine to attend one of these events.

I am hoping he has a surprise regarding the Y.

Unless the truck has crazy range, looks crazy cool, can go off-road, and is available soon, I am more excited for the Y.
Rest assured, there will be some hype on all things Tesla, as that’s what these events are all about - to stimulate orders and sales. Looking forward to the announcements and later comparing actual delivered goods to those items announced later at this event. Happy EV motoring, all!

Interesting how he said "near the rocket factory" and not "at the Tesla design studio"...something big is going to happen...

Given the location, to me anyway, it's pretty obvious he's going to tow something weighing around 300,000 lb to back up his previous claims.

I think this explains it...

Being that Hawthorne airport is next to SpaceX

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Quick PSA:

When/if the invites go out make sure to RSVP right away. The Model Y reveal filled up within a few hours. And if went out late at night IIRC.

Also for the folks that went to MY reveal, did they check IDs? Nov. 21st most likely won’t work for me (I’m also in WA, which doesn’t help) but I’d hate for the 2 tickets to be wasted, if I get invited. Yes I know they transfer to the next reveal but I don’t see anything exciting in the pipeline from Tesla yet.
If you have an extra invite I'd be happy to be the 1+ if possible! :)

I think this explains it...

Being that Hawthorne airport is next to SpaceX
The Hawthorne Municipal Airport is where they had the Tesla Semi and Roadster reveal. The runway is pretty small so I don't know if they could handle a plane that size.

I was thinking they could have the Tesla pickup pulling a Tesla Semi pulling a trailer loaded with Model S, Model X, Model Y, Model 3 and both Roadsters.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Hi
The real advantage of an electric pickup - to people who actually USE a pickup - will be
(1) Mains power in the bed
Keep all of your batteries charged and use all of your big power tools without waiting for the Sparky to arrange power at the worksite
(2) Tesla's "Sentry Mode" can keep an eye on all of your tools and materials for you

Well that and if it could tow 12k lbs...would be scrapping a diesel...which are expensive to own. VERY good point on tesla sentry reducing tool theft. Never thought of that...