Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A second NRMA site with 2x 75kW has opened in Bateman's Bay (which has an existing 1x 50kW)

Now if only they could do that at Mittagong and Picton. (Won't mention Olympic Park)

Last edited:
A second NRMA site with 2x 75kW has opened in Bateman's Bay (which has an existing 1x 50kW)

The site of the first NRMA charger in Bateman's Bay, the old vistor information centre, was 'recently' sold.

Note sure what the new use for the site will be or is. Hopefully the charger stays!. That makes four DC chargers in town along with the Dan Murphy's one.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Note sure what the new use for the site will be or is. Hopefully the charger stays!. That makes four DC chargers in town along with the Dan Murphy's one.
It was mentioned back when it was first announced that the Visitor Centre was moving that the charger would eventually be moving as well. I'd expect the Aquatic Centre site was a replacement for it, rather than additional to it.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
(Won't mention Olympic Park)

Well you did 😄

In my view Olympic Park is little more than a vanity charger for the NRMA outside their office. It’s not on a through-way to anywhere, the road is closed when events are on making the charger inaccessible, and it is regularly ICEd because it looks like just another parking spot.

I predict that when NRMA starts charging for charging™, use of Olympic Park will plummet.

Reactions: Chuq
Guess it all depends on what the new owners plans for the site are.
If the parking spot remains then it would be sensible for NRMA to negotiate to keep the charge in place, particularly if a cafe/ fast food site, rather than spend the money removing it and rectifying.

Agree Olympic Park is merely a vanity charger. It doesn't fit with the rest of their chargers which are intended to provide charging coverage throughout NSW.

Last edited:
Glad for the extra NRMA charger in Batemans, I have never actually been able to use it. Always in use, sadly never with a check in - so I drive up to Dan's and that's always available. Batemans really needs a few more chargers; we only drive down there outside of peak periods, but I wouldn't dare visit during school holidays etc without booking accomodation with charging.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
from NRMA twitter. "We are excited to announce the launch of our 48th fast charging unit in Temora, an important link between existing chargers in Wagga Wagga and West Wyalong. We can also share that chargers #49 in Bourke and #50 in Brewarrina will be launching on Wednesday 28 September!"

Attachments

• A0F1EF95-5834-4442-B066-CFB71D15E066.jpeg
    A0F1EF95-5834-4442-B066-CFB71D15E066.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 61
from NRMA twitter. "We are excited to announce the launch of our 48th fast charging unit in Temora, an important link between existing chargers in Wagga Wagga and West Wyalong. We can also share that chargers #49 in Bourke and #50 in Brewarrina will be launching on Wednesday 28 September!"

According to Plugshare, Bourke had a successful check-in on 12 August “1 charger working perfectly” - although this is given as information not a successful charge. How would they know one charger is working without actually charging?

Brewarrina has an allegedly successful check-in on 6 July, with a check-in on 24 August claiming “both chargers still broken”.

FYI - the NRMA charger at the Dubbo Western Plains Cultural centre is finally back on line. It has been out of order for over 2 months, from 6 July to 19 Sep.

I notice the most recent check-in is from someone who could have used the Tesla Supercharger only 20 metres away. Or maybe they did - the two icons in plugshare are so close together you have to zoom right in to pick the right one, and let’s face it, some people don’t pay attention.

The same issue happens frequently at Bathurst - people checking in at the wrong charger. If zoomed out, Plugshare picks the NRMA charger as the one you tapped on at both of these locations. The NRMA charger at Bathurst has been out of order since 25 July and is still not back online. Maybe it will be fixed soon now that Dubbo is back.