Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not specifically about my tariff but I wanted to give a shout out to Octopus for this...

My account has been showing 'uh-oh it looks like we can't connect to your meter' for three days. I sent a twitter personal message 30 minutes ago, had a response after 7 minutes that this was being sent through to 'the DCC' to investigate and 5 minutes after that all the data was back and up to date. Followed by another tweet from Octopus to confirm and hoping that I had all I needed.

12 minutes from request to resolution. As I always find by tweeting via personal message, responses from Octopus are extremely prompt!

Exceptional service - as always in my experience :)

Not specifically about my tariff but I wanted to give a shout out to Octopus for this...

My account has been showing 'uh-oh it looks like we can't connect to your meter' for three days. I sent a twitter personal message 30 minutes ago, had a response after 7 minutes that this was being sent through to 'the DCC' to investigate and 5 minutes after that all the data was back and up to date. Followed by another tweet from Octopus to confirm and hoping that I had all I needed.

12 minutes from request to resolution. As I always find by tweeting via personal message, responses from Octopus are extremely prompt!

The service from Octopus is always great.

This being said, similarly, I didn't have reading since Saturday. I was about to send them a message but it appeared this afternoon. So, not really sure it was related to your tweet, sometimes there are slight delays to readings being fed to the system.

Is there a way to get that level of service without lowering myself to sign up to Twitter?

Reactions: ACarneiro
Is there a way to get that level of service without lowering myself to sign up to Twitter?
I felt the same but one of my volunteering activities necessitated me using twitter back in 2017 so, having read about others getting prompt attention with Octopus I tried it out soon after I joined... and it worked.

So I've used this as the main means of communication ever since but only with Octopus and the volunteering charity.

The fact that todays resolution was followed very rapidly by a second tweet to check I was happy suggests that they did indeed deal with my request personally. It is by no means the first time I've had similar service with this and other issues but this is by far the fastest (it's always the same day but usually takes an hour or two).

Apparently you can also email: [email protected] for speedy assistance, make sure to include your account number, address and postcode.

The fact that todays resolution was followed very rapidly by a second tweet to check I was happy suggests that they did indeed deal with my request personally. It is by no means the first time I've had similar service with this and other issues but this is by far the fastest (it's always the same day but usually takes an hour or two).

So I wonder why they're so quick to respond to twitter.... but not their other routes, that's the bit that puzzles me.

So I wonder why they're so quick to respond to twitter.... but not their other routes, that's the bit that puzzles me.
Twitter is very public so they don’t want to be seen to be giving bad customer service.

As a slight example I was on a train in first class and LNER refused to give me a cup of tea until after they had served a meal an hour later once I would have been off the train. I posted on LNER’s twitter and within 5 minutes they were straight over to my seat with a pot of tea and apologising.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: phil4
Most companies like to keep their social media profiles as positive as possible & I read somewhere that Octopus use a separate team to monitor the likes of Twitter/Facebook etc. They must have response targets to hit as I've tweeted a few dozen times over the years and always get a prompt reply, sometimes with feedback afterwards (one more DM tweet received about the same subject since I posted on here yesterday)

Reactions: phil4
Twitter is very public so they don’t want to be seen to be giving bad customer service.

As a slight example I was on a train in first class and they refused to give me a cup of tea until after they had served a meal an hour later once I would have been off the train. I posted on twitter and within 5 minutes they were straight over to my seat with a pot of tea and apologising.
That really is exceptional service from Octopus, looks like those tentacles reach everywhere 😉

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: C225
I think it is on for today, only OCTOP-02 has ever accepted the DFS Test sessions, so they are perhaps deliberately delaying telling people this time.

The live sessions actually went out to 02, 03, 05 and 06 - so the number is probably a customer type strata, with 01 probably for internal test.

Last edited:

right i'll tweet them then. I had exactly the same, emailed them and my electric is back up today, but not gas. I'll send them a tweet

Damn I opted in but totally forgot about it as I was a rainy about installing led lights on some shelves. Had my damn desktop pc and monitor on too so probably using more than usual.

Do I still keep my streak just from opting in? Done all of them so far