Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you disable scheduling on the Wallbox & set one on the ID.3 instead?

Our Tesla charges on IO with no schedules on either the Zappi or car. The Zappi is always set to Fast 7kWh 'dumb' mode overnight.
Our Fiat 500e has its own schedule 23.30-05.30 so if we plug it in it will charge during that period if needed (it does a tiny mileage so rarely charged anyway).
The schedule on the Wallbox can be disabled leaving the charger 'dumb' so that could be a solution if the VW app was up to it, but unfortunately it's dreadful and won't schedule in its current guise. It my be there is an option in the car directly, but if all else fails I can live with plugging the VW in at 11.30 pm if needs be.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The schedule on the Wallbox can be disabled leaving the charger 'dumb' so that could be a solution if the VW app was up to it, but unfortunately it's dreadful and won't schedule in its current guise. It my be there is an option in the car directly, but if all else fails I can live with plugging the VW in at 11.30 pm if needs be.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Not sure if you already know? (Agree with you regards the VW iD app, It's a waste of time.)

Video showing you how to set schedule charging at a location on a VW iD

Reactions: HenryT

Video showing you how to set schedule charging at a location on a VW iD
Interesting that half the comments say it doesn't work properly as it starts charging straight away. I'll give it a go anyway.

Cheers

Reactions: davidmc
I was quite thrilled to find a couple of devices during torch-lit IHD hunting that were consuming a fair bit of power despite having hardware switches. A staggering 6 W for an old JVC media player for example, 4 W for electric recliner, 3 W for electric bed, 1 W for TV. Getting average Saving Session power down from 24 W to 11. However, also calculated that anything under 28 W essentially counts as 100% saving (<1 p/hour).

Last edited:
I was quite thrilled to find a couple of devices during torch-lit IHD hunting that were consuming a fair bit of power despite having hardware switches. A staggering 6 W for an old JVC media player for example, 4 W for electric recliner, 3 W for electric bed, 1 W for TV. Getting average Saving Session power down from 24 W to 11. However, also calculated that anything under 28 W essentially counts as 100% saving (<1 p/hour).
My worst offender was a 12v power pack for PC speakers. Speakers were powered off and even when unplugged from the power pack, it was drawing 15W !!

• Informative
Reactions: Pink Duck