Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go, How to set M3 to charge 00:30 to 04:30?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why there isn't a simple start and stop time nobody knows .. and maybe it will change in a software update. (There are a number or reasons I can think of but not to have start and stop as one of the timer options does come as a surprise.)
I know.
Its the same reason there are no waypoints. Tesla/Elon think they know best. They want to keep things simple so only include the minimum options and the ones they chose are the ones that make sense to them in their environment / use case. If you look at the manual in the description of "scheduled departure" it says "NOTE: Your vehicle aims to finish charging before 6am (end of off-peak hours)" So they acknowledge the concept of off peak but base it around some fictitious fixed US concept of it and tough to everyone else.

I set it to start at 0030 - and, knowing I get +10% per hour at home - set the charge limit accordingly with a backup of TeslaFi ordering a stop at 0430 if plugged in.

HTHs
Exactly this, you get 10% per hour in a long range and a bit more in a SR+, so you can probably get from 30-80% in that four hours. If you plug in every night as Tesla advise its never a problem.

I think Tesla still only develop things based on how they work in California, which I guess will soon change to how they work in Texas!