Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Of Course I Still Love You is on the move...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tuesday.
Well I expected some movement today, but so far, nada.
MIGHTY SERVANT 1 remains anchored off the coast in the holding area.
Whilst we have been waiting I noted that she had transited the canal in April from south to north and I even found a photo of the event.
This is her passing through the Agua Clara locks towards the Caribbean.

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 15.35.49.png

Tuesday.
Whilst we have been waiting I noted that she had transited the canal in April from south to north and I even found a photo of the event.

View attachment 676244
Do you think we will see a similar picture during this transit?

Tuesday.

View attachment 676244

This looks so cool.

Do you think we will see a similar picture during this transit?
If the transit of Agua Clara locks takes place during daylight hours and somebody is monitoring the webcam at the time, I don't see why not. The trouble is we may not get much warning of her arrival at the lock - from raising her anchor in her present position to being in the lock could happen within an hour or so.
Unfortuneately the Cocoli lock webcam has been disturbed and so no chance of a view from that, which is a great shame as it offerred great views.

It now appears that MIGHTY SERVANT 1 is refuelling. This could easily take 8 hours or so.
Making a passage across the Caribbean during the hurricane season is always going to mean that a close eye on the weather is required.
This year however the Caribbean has been unusually quiet and most of the activity so far has been in the Eastern Pacific and Gulf of Mexico.
Once clear of the Panama Canal MIGHTY SERVANT 1 will head north through the Eastern Pacific which is breeding an unusually high number of storms at the moment. I'm sure some meteorologist will connect this with this year being a La Niña year however I would point out that the heatwave in Northern California at the moment is certainly not a La Niña characteristic, nor is the total lack of Caribbean severe weather. Climate change? Possibly, if unpredictable weather is an indicator..
MIGHTY SERVANT 1 will need to keep a very careful eye on the weather when she transits north.

It now appears that MIGHTY SERVANT 1 is refuelling. This could easily take 8 hours or so.
Making a passage across the Caribbean during the hurricane season is always going to mean that a close eye on the weather is required.
This year however the Caribbean has been unusually quiet and most of the activity so far has been in the Eastern Pacific and Gulf of Mexico.
Once clear of the Panama Canal MIGHTY SERVANT 1 will head north through the Eastern Pacific which is breeding an unusually high number of storms at the moment. I'm sure some meteorologist will connect this with this year being a La Niña year however I would point out that the heatwave in Northern California at the moment is certainly not a La Niña characteristic, nor is the total lack of Caribbean severe weather. Climate change? Possibly, if unpredictable weather is an indicator..
MIGHTY SERVANT 1 will need to keep a very careful eye on the weather when she transits north.
I see the pilot ship MANTA has rendezvoused with MIGHTY SERVANT 1. Could this mean transit soon...