Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you live in California?

It’s not the size so much as the fact that it’s way too muddy here to stuff my bike in the back of my Model Y. No amount of blankets or rubber mats will protect your interior.
A super long tarp works for me to limit the mud to the drivers side of the rear seating area. The tarp drapes over the bumper when loading and then separates the front wheel from the fork & frame. Front wheel in trunk last. I think bringing the front wheel forward like Edmunds did would get exactly what you describe. Extra long keeps the rear wheel as the only contaminant. I live in Texas but the trails close when muddy.

I run a front fender and use a helmet or roll of paper towels to elevate the head tube and avoid bending the fender.

Reactions: Ogre
Good advice. I've heard the technical term Pajama Rich and wondered exactly how rich that is. Eight figures? Nine? Mountain owner?

Today I realized it's a state of mind, and realized I'm already Underwear Rich. The mailman didn't run away screaming when I answered my door in my underpants, although who knows if he'll request a different delivery route. But that's a problem for the Postal Service ("Neither rain, nor sleet, nor dark of night, nor underpants..."), not me. That's the good life.

That's what's called "effewe" money:

Been good to go since 2009... ;)

Cheers!

It is Fleet Week in San Francisco and we went to check it out at the piers.

There was an EV exhibit sponsored by our Bavarian friends and this monstrosity was front and center.

B7A0F38F-B80E-4598-820A-FA46C831E88E.jpeg

Last edited:
I just drove across Texas, twice. I didn’t know that there were that many Ford F-350s in the entire world. I don’t know if the good-ole-boys in Texas will buy Cybertrucks, but they will have a front-row seat to an epic caravan of vehicle haulers driving Cybertrucks out of Texas for years to come.

My prediction, Texan cognitive dissonance will be the next pandemic.

Reuters have a story out reporting that NHTSA have written to Tesla with an additional request about their emergency light autopilot crash investigation.

U.S. asks Tesla why it did not recall Autopilot after software changes

It includes a query as to why Tesla didn't issue a recall when they updated autopilot and other requests including about NDA's etc.

It doesn't look like anything major but expect to see a bit more FUD generated off this. Always some bit of FUD just in time to save MM's bacon.🙄
In related news, the NHTSA has sent a letter to all OEMs asking why they did not issue a recall for 2021 and earlier model year vehicles after releasing their 2022 version of their safety system.
/s

Reactions: ninpb