Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Carl Raymond
I'm "in the industry" and trust me, this outage is far more widespread than facebook and related companies.

For those techies in the crowd... they messed up a routing table and ended up deleting their entire BGP advertising. They basically don't exist (and all of their DNS and name registrar stuff was on their own machines). its wide-spread beyond them because so many services depend on Facebook's infrastructure these days.

I'd guess its going to take them most of the day to make any progress on coming back up.

In other news, the entire nation's productivity went up by 50% today. No one can figure out why.

For those techies in the crowd... they messed up a routing table and ended up deleting their entire BGP advertising. They basically don't exist (and all of their DNS and name registrar stuff was on their own machines). its wide-spread beyond them because so many services depend on Facebook's infrastructure these days.

I'd guess its going to take them most of the day to make any progress on coming back up.

In other news, the entire nation's productivity went up by 50% today. No one can figure out why.

Any half-way decent network engineer would have automated backups of router configs and routing tables (we do).

But it is Facebook . . . so I'm not surprised.

"We know the world is celebrating the peace and unity brought about by us deleting Facebook from the internet," said a cryptic message broadcast from an unknown location. "But if you don't comply with our demand for $700 billion dollars by 8 pm tonight, we will restore Facebook and unleash its evils upon the world once again."

"NOOOOOOOO!" screamed everyone in horror at the thought of being doomed to once again scroll through Facebook's clinically addictive interface, depressing newsfeed, and angry arguments with Aunt Guthrie. "Please! PLEASE! Make Facebook stay gone! Don't let it come back!"

Look cat, the only coke can I will ever be seen with is the one I bring to your Mountain top. There I shall plant it as my victory....err....flag can.🚩
No worries. I be target practicing before you get here.

8D2FB8BE-C378-4876-8B54-5789D66AB69A.png

Anyone know how intelligent sheep are? Or goats? I'm thinking Tesla needs to develop a non-motorized solar tracker solution that trains grazing animals to rotate rows of panels manually in massive solar farms.

Like maybe an apple is dispensed every 20 minutes but only if each little section of panels is pushed to optimal angle. They'd figure it out eventually. Save all the tracking hardware and just mount them on a pivot system.

Think it's doable? All you'd need is to add a treat dispenser to each string inverter and it pops when peak generation is achieved. Maybe get some alpacas to rub down the panels if they get dusty?

How often must this be explained here? She runs funds. Funds are for investors who prefer risk to be widely spread. See video below:

Meanwhile: Cathie Wood’s Ark Investment moving headquarters to St. Petersburg

That's Florida, not Russia.
@St Petersburg, that's where I live...so amazing!

Reactions: Sofie and Boomer19
Ugh. Don’t you see that that flirting is one motivation for the policing of behavior? Yes, policing can be heavy handed at times. Would that it were unnecessary!

It would be nice if, based on self-respect and respect for others, self-restraint kept one’s comments (and eyes) to oneself in the workplace. Falling short of that, the cad person might find the wherewithal, through sheer embarrassment, to shut it by imagining the women sharing that person’s quips with one another to choruses of "ewww!!" 🤮
I gave a disagree because I only flirt with the girls that want to flirt, otherwise yes, if would be considered harassment - seems like normal human behaviour to me

Sorry, terribly OT

Never seen @Lycanthrope with a can...he seems to be a bottle kind of guy.

Now me on the other hand ...I volunteer to drink a few cans for the test.
Well, it does happen, when it's the only choice... this last weekend in Romania, for instance...

As for what cans to use in the battery pack, well you wouldn't want to waste good beer on that, so anything from the UK should do the trick

1633587394540.png

Well, it does happen, when it's the only choice... this last weekend in Romania, for instance...

As for what cans to use in the battery pack, well you wouldn't want to waste good beer on that, so anything from the UK should do the trick

View attachment 718678
Scottish beer is so bad you need to drink it with a Whiskey chaser - the Scotts called that a "Low Flyer".

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger