Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been in my current house for almost 20 years and I never reached out to my neighbors. And almost every house around me has changed owners at least once while I've been here, and I've only had one neighbor ever reach out beyond a friendly "Hi!" at the mailbox... And I've done plenty of tree cutting/planting and landscaping... Multiple neighbors even put up, or replaced, a fence without talking to me. (All on their property.) So I'm not sure what his big deal is.

Though it does seem that the contractors might have needed to practice better dust mitigation...
There is a lot to unwind in the fact that you do not refer to your "partner" as your "partner", and therefore don't have the issues involved with referring to your partner as your partner.

• Disagree
Reactions: JRP3
Well, there's been an issue with this in 2022.x.x software. Maybe it's been fixed already, but I've witnessed it. At least one owner I know reversed his Model 3 into a post because the rear view camera was displaying a cached image for several seconds when he put it in reverse.
That would fall under the different issue clause of my post ;-)

Would all sales recorded in Louisiana and shipped to Texas be subject to Louisiana sales tax ("Louisiana sales tax details The Louisiana (LA) state sales tax rate is currently 4.45%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high as 11.45%")?
How would the Louisiana Nexus impact Texas sales tax?
LA was just an example. Implementation is very state/ state-pair dependent. Last I checked for non-Tesla in person sales: A MI resident buying a car in OH pays sales tax to OH first and MI second (difference in rates if MI rate is higher). A MI resident buying a car in IL, only pays sales tax to MI. A MI resident buying a car in CA pays CA tax which is more than MI, and MI gets nothing.

Reactions: JustSaying
Thought I'd share here, did some data digging for GDP / Internet Users / Population for a few countries using World Bank Data:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.23.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.24.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.24.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 9.24.46 AM.png

Wonder what'll happen when Starink is fully online to some of these countries that are still really nascent in internet adoption.

If you thought Toronto streetcars were the problem here is another FSD edge case:

imagine an air suspension height adjustment bag failure or a flat tire/blowout while crossing those. If you don't make contact you might still die from the heart attack from the fear.

I also wonder how chain reactive they are. What if a bird flies down and lands on one next to you or a deer or rabbit or whatever crosses the field while you are in the middle of it?

imagine an air suspension height adjustment bag failure or a flat tire/blowout while crossing those. If you don't make contact you might still die from the heart attack from the fear.

I also wonder how chain reactive they are. What if a bird flies down and lands on one next to you or a deer or rabbit or whatever crosses the field while you are in the middle of it?
These are Soviet-era mines with pressure rather than magnetic fuses. Supposedly 150kg sets them off, and they're powerful enough to disable a tank . . .

These are Soviet-era mines with pressure rather than magnetic fuses. Supposedly 150kg sets them off, and they're powerful enough to disable a tank . . .
OK so a bird/rabbit/fox whatever won't trigger it but a moose or bear or boar would be enough. and I'd still say the fear factor for this below applies

as to disabling a tank, it doesn't take much from the bottom, most all the armor is on the top of the tank. The bottom is thicker than cars shell but not by much. If it's enough to take out a VW bug it's likely enough to take out a tank.