Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zuckerberg won gold and silver at a championship:

Elon has some background:
He also fought some bullies in SA. Elon might be doing some aspie word play when he says he trained briefly. It's hard to know. We need to add a lot of uncertainty to his skill level. He might be downplaying his level. Size is a large factor in wrestling. I think Elon probably tried to learn MMA with the same intensity as he tried to learn about rocketry. I mean, his life depended on it in SA...

That being said, I think the betting sites have the line correctly, but lots of room to make money to be on this. If you think you understand Elon/Zuckerberg/MMA better than the market I would recommend to bet on this, sometimes there are great opportunities to make large profit. I made a decent amount of money betting on alphago beating Lee Sedol, but my confidence in my understanding of AI is a lot better than my understanding of MMA...
I wouldn't assume some secret power of Musk when he said as recent as few hours ago he doesn't train:

Regarding the fight, I think it won't happen.

Elon also challenged Putin to a duel, remember?

I agree Zuckerberg wants to, but Elon is just messing around it seems.

And personally I find the whole fighting/MMA culture (which is much more prevalent in the US than in Europe) quite childish. (Ducks for disagrees)
I get the whole "martial arts can be an enrichment" since you learn to master your body in new ways, but two ego's wanting to duke it out in a cage to me is like watching two roosters in the same hen house.

You forget that Elon is good friends with Joe Rogan, a literal cage fighting announcer and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt.
He's friend with Lex too. That doesn't mean he can't fight himself.
My worry is that his ego gets the best of him: he's not trained and he risks injuries. Not sure about the stock and Tesla, but if you care about his health you shouldn't want him to fight.
I don't want him to train for months either, Tesla is more important.

Can I tell my friends that I belong to fight club and the first rule of fight club is that we don’t talk about fight club?
1687423171379.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone remember when Elon was a "Free Speech Absolutist" who was gonna make sure there was no more censorship on Twitter? :)

Harassment and stalking aren't protected speech. If you've been here since 2021 and you don't know the background on Greenspan, you need to do some more reading.

Harassment and stalking aren't protected speech. If you've been here since 2021 and you don't know the background on Greenspan, you need to do some more reading.

Elon had been pretty clear that unless the speech was breaking Federal Law, it should be allowed. What -federal-crime- do you feel this critic had made with his posts other than happening to be critical of Elon?

...and assuming you find some aspect of his posting to be a "crime" - can you point out anyone who doesn't happen to be an Elon critic who has also been banned for doing similar posting on Twitter because it sure looks like it's more about WHO is being criticized vs the postings themselves.

Last edited: