Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is weekend and this is OT .. got this message on my Model S last night " Maximum Charge Level Reduced "
tried charging last night and again this AM only added 1 mile of range to 91 miles ... sounds like a major battery issue any idea ?
there was not a lot on other threads .. seems like possible battery failure from other threads ... hard to believe as i saw no discernable range reduction over time ...

i come to this thread for quality answers ... other threads have too many complainers
Sounds like the HV battery might be having issues. Tesla might be able to diagnose remotely.

Are you sure you're not thinking of "(maximum AC) charge rate reduced"?
Charge Rate Reduced- Wall Plug Temperature High
I've had the that one (Wall Plug Temp High) too. Replacing the 14-50 solved it (14-50 was replaced at ten years. It was amazing the difference in force required to plug in the mobile connector--even though the old one felt solid until I had the new one put in).

• Informative
Reactions: unk45
It is weekend and this is OT .. got this message on my Model S last night " Maximum Charge Level Reduced "
tried charging last night and again this AM only added 1 mile of range to 91 miles ... sounds like a major battery issue any idea ?
there was not a lot on other threads .. seems like possible battery failure from other threads ... hard to believe as i saw no discernable range reduction over time ...

i come to this thread for quality answers ... other threads have too many complainers
Update
thanks for all the feedback 2018 Model S is at SC in NJ which was packed with deliveries and potential new owners :D

they will not be able to diagnose my car till mid week ... but there is something wrong with the battery ugh ... under warranty but still a hassle :(

i really hope this is not going to be the case for MY and M3 5 year old vehicles I only have 49000 miles a rarely supercharge... if I was not a TSLA investor i would not have been so forgiving...

Update
thanks for all the feedback 2018 Model S is at SC in NJ which was packed with deliveries and potential new owners :D

they will not be able to diagnose my car till mid week ... but there is something wrong with the battery ugh ... under warranty but still a hassle :(

i really hope this is not going to be the case for MY and M3 5 year old vehicles I only have 49000 miles a rarely supercharge... if I was not a TSLA investor i would not have been so forgiving...
Worse case scenario you get a brand new battery for free in your 5 year old model S?

Sounds like the HV battery might be having issues. Tesla might be able to diagnose remotely.

Nope, you get a rebuilt that will deliver the same or a little more miles than your current battery. Took 10 days on mine.
this is why i am concerned about battery replacement ... luckily still under warranty and whenever a car is taken apart to this degree other issues may crop up .. fingers crossed it is something else

Reactions: M|S|M MYP
this is why i am concerned about battery replacement ... luckily still under warranty and whenever a car is taken apart to this degree other issues may crop up .. fingers crossed it is something else
Ten years ago, Tesla had a battery swap event where they changed out two (2) Model S battery packs in the amount of time it takes to fill an ICE car with gasoline. Electric cars are the future. What degree are you referencing?

Ten years ago, Tesla had a battery swap event where they changed out two (2) Model S battery packs in the amount of time it takes to fill an ICE car with gasoline. Electric cars are the future. What degree are you referencing?

this is NJ the can easily F it up .. is this how the SC centers are equipped with this battery swap device shown in video ? i really have no idea .. if yes then i am less worried ....

Rivian managed to pull of a win with everything continuing to trend in the right direction. Only costing them $31k per vehicle sold down from $67k the Q before
Whether or not they continue in the right direction is really going to come down to what Tesla decides to do with Cybertruck specs/pricing. If Tesla is aggressive with pricing, Rivian's gonna have to continue to lower prices and margins are gonna go back down.

Will be interesting in general to watch F and Rivian's sales numbers as Cybertruck gets closer and closer. Obviously, Cybertruck with not be in volume production until Q1, but just the fact that deliveries are starting could cause some people to put off buying a F150 Lightning or Rivian.

Reactions: SO16