Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

:eek: It’s going to happen.*

* It’s not 100% clear what that is.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that version 10.1 has now become version 10.0.1, so that Elon can keep his promise that 10.1 will have "the button".

Is 10.0.1 the "merged" FSD with highway and non-highway both running the same stack?

Well, I guess someone has mentioned it now! :p

Reactions: helvio
True, but my point is that we've seen it do many "no traffic" routes with no interventions. So, that is not new.

I find that most of the interventions and disengagements aren't due to dynamic objects but rather static ones (including lane semantics).

It seems counterintuitive, but I think Tesla's approach will struggle more with static objects vs dynamic ones because dynamic ones behave similarly across the USA whereas there's a huge variety of static objects (poles / pillars / road closures / complex intersections / cones / etc.).

Reactions: Terminator857
I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that version 10.1 has now become version 10.0.1, so that Elon can keep his promise that 10.1 will have "the button".

Is 10.0.1 the "merged" FSD with highway and non-highway both running the same stack?

Well, I guess someone has mentioned it now! :p
To be fair, 10.0.1 was a 1 week release instead of the typical 2 weeks between releases. So as of right now 10.1 is still "on schedule" ;)

Where can we view the Tesla Insurance metrics? Otherwise, it's another one of those arbitrary things that we don't really have access to.

My old Chevy had the metrics in the app (fast acceleration, how many Gs you were pulling, hard braking, speeding, log of all your drives, etc)...

Where can we view the Tesla Insurance metrics? Otherwise, it's another one of those arbitrary things that we don't really have access to.

My old Chevy had the metrics in the app (fast acceleration, how many Gs you were pulling, hard braking, speeding, log of all your drives, etc)...
Teslarati article commenter said:

Sample of Tesla Insurance telemetry data from April 2021

1. # of Autopilot Strikeouts
2.# of Forward Collision Warnings
3. # of Lane Departure Warnings
4. # of ABS activations (All & User)
5. Time spent within 1 second of car in front
6. Time spent within 3 seconds of car in front
7. Acceleration Variance
Source: Tristan @rice_fry on Twitter

Wow thats some real bullsнit. I get forward-collision warnings for no reason at all. I can get them on an empty road. Spending time 3 seconds within car in front? You betcha. Anything more and you will get cut off.
Change your setting to Late. Less safe setting = less alerts = more safe driving according to Tesla and FSD beta!

I think I read somewhere that the Tesla insurance calculator factors in driver monitoring like how may "blue screen" warnings, how often you got put in "AP jail" for failing to respond to the AP nag. It may also use the camera to see how distracted you are while driving. That would all make sense as driver monitoring metrics for whether you can be trusted to monitor FSD Beta.

If this is true I would like to see Tesla Insurance (itself) offer significantly cheaper rates for excellent drivers; compared to current rates.

With all this additional metric potentially available they potentially offer significantly more "precise" rates compared to other insurance.

But then the question comes up; what legally can they use to adjust a specific drivers rate. Some of this is groundbreaker and never been available to insurers before.

If this is true I would like to see Tesla Insurance (itself) offer significantly cheaper rates for excellent drivers; compared to current rates.

With all this additional metric potentially available they potentially offer significantly more "precise" rates compared to other insurance.

But then the question comes up; what legally can they use to adjust a specific drivers rate. Some of this is groundbreaker and never been available to insurers before.

This has been around since at least the early 2010s. At first, the insurance companies would give you an OBD2 dongle but then the driver monitoring got built into cars. My GM car had this built-in and I was able to even view my driving history, score, etc via the My Chevy app or whatever it was called.

And I believe it is explicitly illegal in California to adjust insurance rate based on driving behavior.

After getting the 'FSD Button' will we be able to send a message and a video
in case of an unexpected disengagement or unexpected behaviour, like many Beta users had such capability?
Maybe, maybe not. It could be that with so many people added, they would just be getting too many reports and it would turn into spam. Or they may have the systems in place to actually review all user-submitted disengagements, but no one knows…all speculation until it is released

Reactions: Watts_Up