Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if there's something wrong with my car. Last night I installed Tessie and it looks like heater kicks in every couple of hours while the car is charging. Do your cars do the same?
The graph is in Celsius. In F it fluctuated between 40 and 60F

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-073306.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-073306.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 185
I was wondering if there's something wrong with my car. Last night I installed Tessie and it looks like heater kicks in every couple of hours while the car is charging. Do your cars do the same?
The graph is in Celsius. In F it fluctuated between 40 and 60F
I'm seeing something similar, but mine doesn't spike as much as yours. Looks like mine jumps from about 39 to 45 degrees F. Then cools back down to 39 before doing it again.
It's totally normal. It happens to many cars, if not most or even all. Could be a quirk of the sensor that Tesla uses or some form of temperature regulation.

Reactions: MY-user and Baluchi
Any plans to add Wear OS?
Would love to!

4.0 out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Referral Credits: Give free months to other Tesla drivers and get Tessie free for life when they subscribe
  • Tessie for Apple Silicon: Tessie is now live on the Mac App Store
  • Set control shortcuts for easy access on your Apple Watch
  • See your range, charge level or real-world estimate next to the battery. Enable it in Settings > Display
  • Discover energy use by speed in Driving Analytics
  • Discover energy use by outside temperature in Driving Analytics
  • Get notified when chargers suddenly reduce power
  • Get notified when and where your Tesla is left unplugged. Enable it in your tagged locations
  • "Heat All Seats": Heat all seats in your Tesla at once. Works with Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri and Shortcuts
  • Set your date format in Settings > Display
  • Long press and drag to zoom in to graphs
  • Many small love-and-care refinements

Last edited:
Referral Credits: Give a free month to other Tesla drivers and get Tessie free for life

The wording of this statement is kind of misleading in my opinion.

FYI. You need to get 10 people to Subscribe to Tessie to get a lifetime membership. I knew it wasn't that easy to get a lifetime membership but it does make it seem like if I give a free month to other Tesla Drivers that I could get Tessie free for life....

• Informative
Reactions: cwhite51
Hey James, I have a question. Although I think I already know the answer. I have a 2016 P90DL that is capable of venting the windows via the official Tesla App. Venting works in Tessie, but rolling up does not (same as the Tesla app). Is this a restriction because of my Model S? Or should Tessie be able to roll up my windows?

Hey James, I have a question. Although I think I already know the answer. I have a 2016 P90DL that is capable of venting the windows via the official Tesla App. Venting works in Tessie, but rolling up does not (same as the Tesla app). Is this a restriction because of my Model S? Or should Tessie be able to roll up my windows?
I don't think I've seen it work on any 2016s. I'm not sure at what point Tesla started adding the remote close capability. It's really model and region specific - so specific, in fact, it feels effectively random (from a consumer's point of view.) I'm sure there's some logic to it, but I've never found it.

Reactions: JohnRamboJedi
So.. I downloaded your app, started the trial and am completely blown away! By far your software is much better than every other iOS app I’ve tried. In the past I’ve used the combo of Stats (as a more feature rich alternative to the stock Tesla app - which is now better than Stats because they’ve added all the rich features) and TeslaFi (for logging of all the data). Now I don’t need either. Your app does that all in one package but also with the added benefit of not waking up my car every time I open the app. Plus, the Apple Watch companion is the best I’ve seen. Bravo. I have canceled my TeslaFi subscription. Stats I purchased as a one time license - the developer of that app is actually a really nice guy so I don’t see the need in asking him for any refund. I just simply won’t use his app ever again. Your app is great - the TeslaFi import feature worked like a charm. Now I have everything in one cohesive package! The only thing keeping me from replacing your app with the stock Tesla app is the live sentry view. If you could find a way to incorporate that then you would truly have a better app than Tesla. Thanks for making an app that is beautiful and snappy. Really happy I switched over.
This is exactly my experience as well. I am a very happy new subscriber. Great job with the app!

I do have a few newbie questions as I'm starting to dig around...

1. In the next few months, I'll be getting a Model Y to replace my current Model 3. Is there anything special I'll need to do (the Y will use the same Tesla account that the 3 currently uses)? Will the Model 3 data still be there? If so, is there an easy way to filter to only show one vehicle or the other?
  2. When looking at the map/satellite data using the Mac app, I figured out I can zoom in by double-clicking. What's the best way to zoom out?
  3. On the line graphs of various data in the apps, I found I can see discrete values at certain time points by tap and hold. If I drag, sometimes it zooms to the section of time or distance I drag across and sometimes the popup changes to show the discrete data as the time/distance changes. I think both abilities are useful. Is there a way to toggle between whether you want to change the zoom or see the exact data output changes over time?

• Love
Reactions: James@Tessie
Is there any way to pull in release notes when car is getting/after tesla pushes update to car?
I wish. Most firmware updates don't have public release notes and there's no great way to detect them when they do.

This is exactly my experience as well. I am a very happy new subscriber. Great job with the app!

I do have a few newbie questions as I'm starting to dig around...

1. In the next few months, I'll be getting a Model Y to replace my current Model 3. Is there anything special I'll need to do (the Y will use the same Tesla account that the 3 currently uses)? Will the Model 3 data still be there? If so, is there an easy way to filter to only show one vehicle or the other?
  2. When looking at the map/satellite data using the Mac app, I figured out I can zoom in by double-clicking. What's the best way to zoom out?
  3. On the line graphs of various data in the apps, I found I can see discrete values at certain time points by tap and hold. If I drag, sometimes it zooms to the section of time or distance I drag across and sometimes the popup changes to show the discrete data as the time/distance changes. I think both abilities are useful. Is there a way to toggle between whether you want to change the zoom or see the exact data output changes over time?
Thank you. 🙏

1. Nope, you don't need to do anything. Access your Model 3 data in Garage > Archive.

2. Pinching on a trackpad. Google Maps in iOS-on-Mac apps doesn't fully support mouse behavior yet.

3. The gestures are: tap to view a point, tap and drag to view points through time, long press then drag to zoom. The timing on the latter two gestures are a bit too close for my liking so I'm looking into tweaking it so you never zoom unintentionally. It requires surgical precision to get this just right but I'm working on it. :)

Reactions: cwhite51
Thanks for this James

Been using Watch App for Tesla for some time now but recently appears to have started causing havoc with the cars sleeping patterns etc.

I’ll give Tessie a run, see how we get on. Seems to have a very good write up so far.

Thanks.
Never used Watch App for Tesla so can't speak to that. Trial is 14 days.

The Tessie Apple Watch app is free

4.1 rolling out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Introducing the Tessie API — full details at developer.tessie.com
  • IFTTT automation support — full guide here
  • Pre-built Apple Watch control complications
  • Siri can now run Shortcuts hands-free and without prompts on Apple Watch once again
  • iOS widgets now display a live refresh time
  • Real world range calculations can now factor in long-term energy usage for even more accuracy — enable it in Settings > Display
  • Android and Android 12 interface improvements
  • Small love-and-care refinements

Reactions: Baluchi
4.1 rolling out today for iOS, Android and the web.
  • Introducing the Tessie API — full details at developer.tessie.com
  • IFTTT automation support — full guide here
  • Pre-built Apple Watch control complications
  • Siri can now run Shortcuts hands-free and without prompts on Apple Watch once again
  • iOS widgets now display a live refresh time
  • Real world range calculations can now factor in long-term energy usage for even more accuracy — enable it in Settings > Display
  • Android and Android 12 interface improvements
  • Small love-and-care refinements
I don't understand most of that, but I did just update and change my real world range setting. That's a great new feature, thanks.

• Funny
Hi,

Is there a way to obtain previous driving history when installing this app after you already own the car (and have miles on it) or is this the starting point of all the apps "history"? If the latter only, seems great to have on day one with a new car.

Thanks

EDIT: not coming from any other app history/import scenario.

Hi,

Is there a way to obtain previous driving history when installing this app after you already own the car (and have miles on it) or is this the starting point of all the apps "history"? If the latter only, seems great to have on day one with a new car.

Thanks

EDIT: not coming from any other app history/import scenario.
The car doesn't store any historical data, so the starting point of history is when you install the app. Tesla probably has all of this data archived away somewhere, but it's not available for owners to see. Hopefully one day. :)