Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The iOS Tesla app version 4.12 released on August 29 has a bug which will continuously wake some firmwares and models.

The only fix is to uninstall the Tesla app completely or block tesla.com on your router. Tesla is investigating.

If you're on iOS I'd recommend uninstalling it and seeing if it fixes it for you as well.

Looks like 4.12 was the culprit. Updated all devices to 4.13 (and 4.13.1) and Gonzo had a good nights sleep last night. Interesting that when only some of the devices were updated, the length of the naps were longer.

Next up, slowly add in the measures I took to try to isolate the problem and see if it continues to sleep.

Looks like 4.12 was the culprit. Updated all devices to 4.13 (and 4.13.1) and Gonzo had a good nights sleep last night. Interesting that when only some of the devices were updated, the length of the naps were longer.

Next up, slowly add in the measures I took to try to isolate the problem and see if it continues to sleep.
👆this.

Our Model Y on 2022.28.1 with app version 4.13.1-1312 installed across all drivers on iOS has now returned to its usual sleep pattern with very few disturbations. This is with all data sharing re-enabled as well.

👆this.

Our Model Y on 2022.28.1 with app version 4.13.1-1312 installed across all drivers on iOS has now returned to its usual sleep pattern with very few disturbations. This is with all data sharing re-enabled as well.
AB6AF428-0500-4D82-99D8-D199AC8163D4.png

The vehicle was either charging, being driven, or fast asleep after a ~15 minute delay. Long may this continue.

Yep. Soon.

6.0 rolling out in beta to iOS, Android and the web today.
  • Get alerted if the cabin exceeds safe temperatures when Dog Mode or Climate Keep is enabled. Enable it under Alerts.
  • Visualize safety scores and driving behavior for every drive. Requires the Tesla Safety Score beta.
  • Sort drives by Safety Score and analyze Safety Scores across time under Driving > Analytics.
  • Drives now display the associated driver profile. Requires Tesla Safety Score.
  • Filter driving by profile, export drives per driver and analyze driving across different drivers under Driving > Analytics.
  • Add beautiful iOS 16 lock screen widgets.
  • Export raw data for custom date ranges using Activity > Export.
  • You can now hide vehicles by tapping Manage > Archive under Garage.
  • Tessie has received many networking improvements. Cars, maps, drives and charges all load faster.
  • Many small design improvements have been made across the mobile and web apps.
I’d certainly Beta test

View attachment 853857

The vehicle was either charging, being driven, or fast asleep after a ~15 minute delay. Long may this continue.
Final update from me on this topic unless it goes astray again…

EB00338E-72D0-4B04-93F0-43C555B0DA0C.jpeg

And it would have been 3 hours longer this as the regular 4.30am “Stop Charging” from Tessie to the car caused a 15 minute wake.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Apologies if this is an answered/obvious question, but is there a place in the app where we can see a timeline status of our car, eg., awake, sleeping, driving, parked, etc.?

I just opened the Tessie app and it showed my car as Parked when I expected to see Sleeping, so I'm trying to figure out how long it's been awake.

Apologies if this is an answered/obvious question, but is there a place in the app where we can see a timeline status of our car, eg., awake, sleeping, driving, parked, etc.?

I just opened the Tessie app and it showed my car as Parked when I expected to see Sleeping, so I'm trying to figure out how long it's been awake.
To see when it woke up check Activity > Battery and look at the shaded area. Activity > Timeline can show you an event timeline.

If you haven’t already, make sure you turn off “Auto-Wake” in Tessie otherwise Tessie will wake the car when you open the Tessie app.

If you click on activity all the purple is sleep in any of the graphs

Attachments

• 6006CE82-4A55-4F12-AC80-6B0C6C4C3AB5.png
    6006CE82-4A55-4F12-AC80-6B0C6C4C3AB5.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 42
Heads up James, with Tesla's latest iOS update, sleep appears disturbed again. Time of disturbed sleep start coincides exactly with when I upgraded the Tesla app through the App store. No WiFi connections are being made during the majority of these wakes, but something is kicking the vehicle's ankle somehow. Thought I'd flag it in case others are seeing also.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 23.10.02.png

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot