Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough.
So, in the first screenshot the buffer is included and in the other isn't?
Nope. The buffer is always included. It will be 70.2 kWh when full, 37.3 kWh when at 50% and probably around 4 kWh when 0% and will continue to decrease to 0 kWh as you drive below 0% battery.

If this is still confusing, think of it this way: the battery level doesn't mean anything unless you're at 100%. It is literally a fabrication. This is why you can keep driving below 0%. Empty is not really empty, half is not really half, etc.

Nope. The buffer is always included. It will be 70.2 kWh when full, 37.3 kWh when at 50% and probably around 4 kWh when 0% and will continue to decrease to 0 kWh as you drive below 0% battery.

If this is still confusing, think of it this way: the battery level doesn't mean anything unless you're at 100%. It is literally a fabrication. This is why you can keep driving below 0%. Empty is not really empty, half is not really half, etc.
Thank you

I can't find where Timezone can be set (either in App or on the Web). Help! Specifically, I will be traveling to a different time zone and want to make sure the automations run in the timezone where the vehicle is in, not where my phone is at. Thanks!
In the app, you can tap Automation > ... (look in the top right corner) > Timezone. Unless the car is moving timezones and you deliberately want to change it there's no need to mess with it.

In the app, you can tap Automation > ... (look in the top right corner) > Timezone. Unless the car is moving timezones and you deliberately want to change it there's no need to mess with it.
AHA! Thank you! I thought I looked everywhere (including the Settings section), but I missed the ... in that page! Since it is set to my vehicel timezone , then it sounds like even when I travel (without the vehicle), then it should keep running in the right timezone! THANKS SO MUCH!!

Hello. The fleet average degradation curve has changed suddenly, now it's very steep. It didn't drop so quickly on the graph before. What is the reason for this change? The previous curve was incorrect?

1716814204211.png

Hello. The fleet average degradation curve has changed suddenly, now it's very steep. It didn't drop so quickly on the graph before. What is the reason for this change? The previous curve was incorrect?

View attachment 1051028
The reason for the change is a new user had a crazy amount of mileage, way more than anyone else, causing a gap in odometer measurements, which caused the fleet curve algorithm to freak out.

I've pushed a server side improvement that should fix this. Check it again. If it's still an issue, email me at [email protected] with your account email.

The reason for the change is a new user had a crazy amount of mileage, way more than anyone else, causing a gap in odometer measurements, which caused the fleet curve algorithm to freak out.

I've pushed a server side improvement that should fix this. Check it again. If it's still an issue, email me at [email protected] with your account email.
Thank you! It's fixed!

Trying to read through all 76 pages in this thread because there's so much helpful info! I'm approaching page 50 and will keep going, so not sure if further info has been provided in the thread that I just haven't gotten to yet (search yielded no new results).

Can you confirm:
- an Automation that Starts Climate/Preconditioning will both set the climate in the cabin to the last setting as well as preheat the battery?
- if you set it for a certain time/day and then end up not driving the car after all, does it keep the cabin at that climate indefinitely until you eventually do a drive? (I read a post that seemed to indicate this was the case, but wanted to confirm this is indeed true). This would mean that the car will not go to sleep then, even if you end up not leaving for hours or even days?

I ask because I generally don't leave the same time every day. I often take meetings from home in the morning and then leave at my first opportunity. If starting climate ends up keeping it at that climate indefinitely, this seems like it would not be a good idea to set a repeating schedule. Is there a way to set up an integration with an Outlook calendar? I usually block time to drive and it would be great to use this for automation rather than trying to set it manually daily.

Follow-up question, is there a way to just preheat the battery without adjusting the cabin climate?

Thanks so much!

Trying to read through all 76 pages in this thread because there's so much helpful info! I'm approaching page 50 and will keep going, so not sure if further info has been provided in the thread that I just haven't gotten to yet (search yielded no new results).

Can you confirm:
- an Automation that Starts Climate/Preconditioning will both set the climate in the cabin to the last setting as well as preheat the battery?
- if you set it for a certain time/day and then end up not driving the car after all, does it keep the cabin at that climate indefinitely until you eventually do a drive? (I read a post that seemed to indicate this was the case, but wanted to confirm this is indeed true). This would mean that the car will not go to sleep then, even if you end up not leaving for hours or even days?

I ask because I generally don't leave the same time every day. I often take meetings from home in the morning and then leave at my first opportunity. If starting climate ends up keeping it at that climate indefinitely, this seems like it would not be a good idea to set a repeating schedule. Is there a way to set up an integration with an Outlook calendar? I usually block time to drive and it would be great to use this for automation rather than trying to set it manually daily.

Follow-up question, is there a way to just preheat the battery without adjusting the cabin climate?

Thanks so much!
1. Yes, it will set the climate to the last setting and preheat the battery.
2. Yes, it lasts until you turn it off or stop driving. There is no Outlook syncing, but that's a great idea.
3. No, but you can thumbs up my issue here to encourage Tesla to add support for it.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Both are Tesla questions, not really Tessie questions.

an Automation that Starts Climate/Preconditioning will both set the climate in the cabin to the last setting as well as preheat the battery?
Yes, turning in cabin HVAC will pre-heat both the cabin and battery. Tessie can schedule.

if you set it for a certain time/day and then end up not driving the car after all, does it keep the cabin at that climate indefinitely until you eventually do a drive? (
HVAC remains on for 30 minutes unattended.

Great app and even greater support, so thank you.

Would it be possible to 'fully' automate a '1 time battery charge limit' change, with an 'auto return' to 80% default?

Example: I need 90% charge when going on this trip, to make it back home. (Not the 80% default)
So, I set a 1 time automation: Set to 90% charge, let's say 7 AM. (I leave approx 8:30AM).
Then I set another 1 time automation to return to 80% charge, let's say 10AM.
Yes, I could do either manually, and technically speaking that may be even fewer button presses, but I'm a nerd dammit!

Is there a better/easier way to do that? I take this trip multiple times/week, but it's sporadic.
if I know I'm going multiple days in a row, I'll just leave it at 90% for a while.

Or If I'm the only one, then the juice isn't worth the squeeze. But thought I'd ask.

thanks again!

I really like the new automation interface - thank you. 😁

I also have a question regarding the automation.

Sometimes, I come back home during the late afternoon or evening with less than 10% remaining. But our cheapest rate starts at 11pm. I don't want to leave the car at 5% for an extended time, so I usually set a one-time automation for an hour or so of charge at 50% with a notification enabled, so that once that's done, I can remove the exception to continue the normal charging schedule overnight.

Is there a way to do this in a simpler way? I guess I'm looking for a way to add say, 1 hour worth of charge without disrupting normal charging schedule or creating any exceptions that I can only clear manually, or by re-plugging the car. "Add 10% charge once starting now" is kinda what I'm looking for, sitting well below 50%.

Would it be possible to 'fully' automate a '1 time battery charge limit' change, with an 'auto return' to 80% default?

Example: I need 90% charge when going on this trip, to make it back home. (Not the 80% default)
So, I set a 1 time automation: Set to 90% charge, let's say 7 AM. (I leave approx 8:30AM).
Yes, I could do either manually, and technically speaking that may be even fewer button presses, but I'm a nerd dammit!

Is there a better/easier way to do that? I take this trip multiple times/week, but it's sporadic.
if I know I'm going multiple days in a row, I'll just leave it at 90% for a while.

Or If I'm the only one, then the juice isn't worth the squeeze. But thought I'd ask.

thanks again!
I have an automation that runs every time I arrive at home that sets the charge limit to 60%. It works regardless of why or where I set it higher. Would this work for you?

thanks again!
Easier way is On Arrival > Home > Set your normal charging limit like Caps said above. Now you only need to do one thing.

I really like the new automation interface - thank you. 😁

I also have a question regarding the automation.

Sometimes, I come back home during the late afternoon or evening with less than 10% remaining. But our cheapest rate starts at 11pm. I don't want to leave the car at 5% for an extended time, so I usually set a one-time automation for an hour or so of charge at 50% with a notification enabled, so that once that's done, I can remove the exception to continue the normal charging schedule overnight.

Is there a way to do this in a simpler way? I guess I'm looking for a way to add say, 1 hour worth of charge without disrupting normal charging schedule or creating any exceptions that I can only clear manually, or by re-plugging the car. "Add 10% charge once starting now" is kinda what I'm looking for, sitting well below 50%.
This kind of sounds like "add a minimum charge level" where the car is allowed to charge outside of your schedule if below X%. I could see that being quite useful. Will think more on this.

James - noticed a bug in the app when installing an update. Percentage on the main app screen shows 100% throughout install, when in fact it’s 10% or 30% etc. clicking on the installing button to see the detail shows the correct %. I have a screen recording video if you want one. No need to follow up otherwise. Thanks.

Reactions: James@Tessie
James - noticed a bug in the app when installing an update. Percentage on the main app screen shows 100% throughout install, when in fact it’s 10% or 30% etc. clicking on the installing button to see the detail shows the correct %. I have a screen recording video if you want one. No need to follow up otherwise. Thanks.
Just looked here and update percentage is also not rendering correctly on the front screen for me. iOS v13.1.4, if that helps.

I had a previous version installed (not sure of the version number, sorry) that rendered correctly, but updating to 13.1.4 on iOS broke the display so I think that's a relatively recent regression somewhere.

Reactions: James@Tessie