Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up James, with Tesla's latest iOS update, sleep appears disturbed again. Time of disturbed sleep start coincides exactly with when I upgraded the Tesla app through the App store. No WiFi connections are being made during the majority of these wakes, but something is kicking the vehicle's ankle somehow. Thought I'd flag it in case others are seeing also.

View attachment 858611
Good to know.

What's your Tesla app version and car software version? I wonder if they're doing debug collection after updating the Tesla app to a new version or something.

Out of curiosity, do you have any data sharing option in the car enabled, or any pending software updates in the car?

Good to know.

What's your Tesla app version and car software version? I wonder if they're doing debug collection after updating the Tesla app to a new version or something.

Out of curiosity, do you have any data sharing option in the car enabled, or any pending software updates in the car?
App 4.13.3, car 2022.28.2.

All data sharing options are enabled and there are no apparent pending software updates.

Last WiFi connection from the car was yesterday 14.04 London time, and there’s quite a lot of data thrown about before 14.40 :

83946E17-69EE-453A-AFE9-CAEBD088DA8D.png

And here’s Tessie’s sleep graph for 14.04 to now :

83E96971-B504-44C8-A251-9A1BA8AED122.jpeg

All data sharing options are enabled and there are no apparent pending software updates.

Last WiFi connection from the car was yesterday 14.04 London time, and there’s quite a lot of data thrown about before 14.40 :

View attachment 858743

And here’s Tessie’s sleep graph for 14.04 to now :

View attachment 858744
This is 100% data sharing. Nothing else uploads that much data. Turning off both options should stop this behavior. Good to know that it seems to correlate with app updates. I think that's a new discovery.

All data sharing options are enabled and there are no apparent pending software updates

I have the same setup and mine slept soundly all night, so I think it might be something else.

the only difference is because I got a new phone yesterday, and while I did login on the app, it’s not setup as a car key. Doubt that’s it but I do know that my phone is not connected as a key from my bedroom. I’ll set it up today and see how it sleeps tonight.

Can’t believe I’m worried about the sleeping habits of my car. And posting about it on line. One more thing I never thought I’d be doing.

edit: added that I did login on the app last night.

Also, my wife’s phone still acts as a key she’s at 4.13.3 as well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Utumno
@JssonB Nice avatar - make sure you use Lock-Tite on the threads/nut. You do not want it coming lose while driving.

Over the last couple weeks, mine has had weird sleeping patterns and periods of not wanting to wake up on the app. Today, it showed -43% while idle drain. Not sure what that is about.

@JssonB Nice avatar - make sure you use Lock-Tite on the threads/nut. You do not want it coming lose while driving.

Over the last couple weeks, mine has had weird sleeping patterns and periods of not wanting to wake up on the app. Today, it showed -43% while idle drain. Not sure what that is about.
That sounds a lot like a computer bug. I'd restart the car by holding down both scroll wheel buttons until the screen turns off and see if that fixes the wake issue and the -43% number after you start driving again.

Stupid question maybe but can I use my apple watch as a key with tessie? I often use it to open the boot etc with siri when I have my hands full just wasn't sure about the key bit
How do you make it work with Siri, i.e. "open trunk?" When I tried today, my Apple Watch displayed a message telling me I have to use the app to do it. I'd really like to be open to open the trunk using Siri when carrying a bunch of groceries. Thanks.

How do you make it work with Siri, i.e. "open trunk?" When I tried today, my Apple Watch displayed a message telling me I have to use the app to do it. I'd really like to be open to open the trunk using Siri when carrying a bunch of groceries. Thanks.
Create an iOS Shortcut with the name "open trunk" and then "Hey Siri, open trunk" will work, including on the watch! Assuming you've installed Tessie on your watch, of course.

Screenshot_20221017-052142.png

James, any plans to update the battery health display so we can see more more details? I mean, the detail is there already, but I can't tell exactly what the measurements are, except the miles are between 241 and 249, for instance. In the old battery health display, there was a slider bar that would show the precise measurements. Would be great to get that back.

View attachment 864662

James, any plans to update the battery health display so we can see more more details? I mean, the detail is there already, but I can't tell exactly what the measurements are, except the miles are between 241 and 249, for instance. In the old battery health display, there was a slider bar that would show the precise measurements. Would be great to get that back.
Edit: Found a way to do this! Live with the latest update.

You can also see all the measurement details by tapping ... > Export.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Baluchi
Hi James! I noticed something that can hopefully be addressed easily. When clicking on the Electric cost of a charging session, it brings up the editable field. I tried to go back from that by pressing the back button on my phone, and it just erased the cost.

Could you add a way to cancel this, maybe a button to ‘set default price’, or something? Or simply make it not erase the cost when going back?

I’m attaching the screen recording. I’m on Android, version 6.3.12.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

ezgif-3-de2c0c034c.gif

Hi James! I noticed something that can hopefully be addressed easily. When clicking on the Electric cost of a charging session, it brings up the editable field. I tried to go back from that by pressing the back button on my phone, and it just erased the cost.

Could you add a way to cancel this, maybe a button to ‘set default price’, or something? Or simply make it not erase the cost when going back?

I’m attaching the screen recording. I’m on Android, version 6.3.12.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

ezgif-3-de2c0c034c.gif
Thanks for the report! This is fixed in the next update.

View attachment 864662

Figured out a way to do this that I think works pretty well, all things considered! Live in the latest update.

Reactions: Baluchi