Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not unormal (18 hours)

1691406322074.png

I have a 2023 model 3 RWD with the LFP battery. For over 3 hours after I got home today Tessie says my 2023 is sleeping yet I get “idle in progress”. Tessie also tells me I have 0% phantom drain and my SOC has remained at 49%.

Could you please explain what is happening. I’m new at EV ownership but am a lifetime Tessie owner so I’d like to educate myself
It sounds like the car is sleeping and you have no battery drain. The battery won't drain when the car is sleeping. The car being awake is what causes drain.

Thanks James. I’m slowly getting educated. I have an iPhone and that Tessie app indicates idling. OTOH my android phone just says sleeping. Doesn’t even have that idling button. I’m so glad expert help is readily available

Thanks James. I’m slowly getting educated. I have an iPhone and that Tessie app indicates idling. OTOH my android phone just says sleeping. Doesn’t even have that idling button. I’m so glad expert help is readily available
It's because your iPhone and Android phone have different app versions. The latest update for Android is in beta and will be out to everyone before too long hopefully. :)

James, I try to keep up with this thread, and you're of course very supportive of suggestions. As always, thanks! Speaking only for myself, I struggle to keep track of what's on your road map, what's been implemented, and the suggestions you've supported but haven't yet placed on the roadmap. Do you have anything sorta in that realm? A snap shot something like:

Description: Status: (Completed/Roadmap/Backlog/Not Planned)
Blah blah
another idea
etc.

Thanks for the time you spend!

-d

James, I try to keep up with this thread, and you're of course very supportive of suggestions. As always, thanks! Speaking only for myself, I struggle to keep track of what's on your road map, what's been implemented, and the suggestions you've supported but haven't yet placed on the roadmap. Do you have anything sorta in that realm? A snap shot something like:

Description: Status: (Completed/Roadmap/Backlog/Not Planned)
Blah blah
another idea
etc.

Thanks for the time you spend!

-d
With the cars changing every day and Tesla doing so much behind the scenes, combined with Google and Apple continuously changing OS features, it's not really possible to stick to a list like this. All sorts of things would be added, removed and re-prioritized every day, shifting around all of the time. The environment is super liquid and the app needs to change with how the world changes (and how people change too.) That's how it stays relevant and useful.

At a high level, what's coming are more high-end data features (real-time streaming, end-to-end encryption between the car and Tessie, new measurements, webhooks, etc.) and more little quality-of-life features (like Wear OS tiles, iOS 17 widgets.)

Last time I scheduled a SoC limit change in Tessie upon arrival home (albeit a long time ago), it wiped out schedule charging, which caused the charge to start right away. Is this still the case?
The car automatically starts to charge when messing with the charge limit but a Charging Schedule will stop it within a minute.

Last edited: