Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, glad I found that! Though as a software dev myself, I find it a headache when users find super specific bugs due to having to divert effort, though I'm thankful when it's something I hadn't known about previouly. Was it due to being filtered and going across two years? I'll be sure to check it out!
Yes, multiple years of data with exactly 366 days selected as a custom filter.

I'm not sure if this is normal / expected or if I have an issue with the charge that is being reported in my analytics.

I got my Model 3 back in August and started using Tessie almost immediately.

Right now my Odometer reading is 5,365 km

1697837895061.png

However in my charging analytics it's telling me I've added 6,773 km of range.

1697837975969.png

Right now I have approximately 343 km of range in my battery, so adding that to my odometer I get up to 5,708 km... So in 3 months this is indicating I've used about 1,065km of charging range added (about 15.7% of total charge) on non-driving power consumption, does this sound right?

I'm not sure if this is normal / expected or if I have an issue with the charge that is being reported in my analytics.

Right now I have approximately 343 km of range in my battery, so adding that to my odometer I get up to 5,708 km... So in 3 months this is indicating I've used about 1,065km of charging range added (about 15.7% of total charge) on non-driving power consumption, does this sound right?
Roughly. But there's no direct correlation. You could technically add 10,000 miles of range and drive 0 miles or 100,000 miles.

If you're looking for non-driving power used, check out Drive > Analytics > Energy Used and subtract that from Charge > Analytics > Energy Added.

That will give you all the energy usage for all things not actively driving.

View attachment 983949

View attachment 983950

How efficient are your drives?
You've added 6,773 km of range at 100% efficiency while driving. If you're only 70% efficient during your drives, then your odometer would be 4,741. 80% would be 5,418 miles.
That's how I understand it at least.

Roughly. But there's no direct correlation. You could technically add 10,000 miles of range and drive 0 miles or 100,000 miles.

If you're looking for non-driving power used, check out Drive > Analytics > Energy Used and subtract that from Charge > Analytics > Energy Added.

That will give you all the energy usage for all things not actively driving.
Thanks James. I've thought of doing that but can't in my case as I'm missing drives due to connectivity issues (I suspect my LTE modem needs to be replaced, something you explained in another post). See below my drive analytics are only showing 4,329 km... so I'm missing about ~1000 km of drives.

1697841742179.png

Thanks James. I've thought of doing that but can't in my case as I'm missing drives due to connectivity issues (I suspect my LTE modem needs to be replaced, something you explained in another post). See below my drive analytics are only showing 4,329 km... so I'm missing about ~1000 km of drives.

View attachment 983961
Wow, that's a lot. Do you have issues downloading data in the car too, like music etc?

Tesla's about to launch a new telemetry system that is completely different than anything we're using today. Hopefully it will improve or fix this completely.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm trying to use a Tessie referral link on the desktop browser, but it's just taking me to the normal "try free for 14 days" page, screenshot below.

How exactly can I use the referral to get the month free trial and benefit the referrer?

Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 12.29.21 PM.png

I'm trying to use a Tessie referral link on the desktop browser, but it's just taking me to the normal "try free for 14 days" page, screenshot below.

How exactly can I use the referral to get the month free trial and benefit the referrer?

View attachment 984227
Referral links take you to the homepage with a referral pop up. If it's not appearing, you probably have an ad blocker on or the link is invalid.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Referral links take you to the homepage with a referral pop up. If it's not appearing, you probably have an ad blocker on or the link is invalid.
Thanks for the reply. I've disabled all ad-blockers and tried again with no luck. I'll try and verify the referral link is correct before trying again.

Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 1.19.36 PM.png

Ok, I signed in and then out, and then back in and it worked.

Thanks!

Last edited:

James@Tessie

Hello. New Tesla driver and Tessie user here. Thanks for creating this amazing app for us.

Quick questions on the Watch app. Is it possible to consider changing the Charge Status indicator at the top of screen from the current circle based visual to a horizontal Battery image based visual? I think this visual is taking too much screen estate on the small watch screen and not leaving more space for buttons below it. My interest is to be able to add more buttons on 1st screen so we don't have to scroll at all to get more functionality.

My thought on this is that if I want more details I will go to the Tessie phone app or the web anyways. Most of the time I need the watch to get a simple action completed with as little interaction / time etc as possible. On that note, can we have an option to have 2 rows of buttons? 2 x 3 on the first glance would be awesome!

On a related note, I would like to be able to map the Tessie app to open with the Watch Ultra Action Button. Action button mapping is possible for some apps and not possible for others. I am guessing this might be an Apple limitation. It would be great if you could investigate and see if this is possible to do.

Thank you so much for your responses on this forum and prompt support for the app.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hi there - I'm just writing to state that I've owned the app a year and just renewed for a second year.

Is it still possible to "pay the difference" to upgrade to a lifetime subscription, or is the only way to get a lifetime subscription possible by paying the flat sum of 200?

Reactions: cwhite51
Hi there - I'm just writing to state that I've owned the app a year and just renewed for a second year.

Is it still possible to "pay the difference" to upgrade to a lifetime subscription, or is the only way to get a lifetime subscription possible by paying the flat sum of 200?
I responded to your DM.

James@Tessie

Hello. New Tesla driver and Tessie user here. Thanks for creating this amazing app for us.

Quick questions on the Watch app. Is it possible to consider changing the Charge Status indicator at the top of screen from the current circle based visual to a horizontal Battery image based visual? I think this visual is taking too much screen estate on the small watch screen and not leaving more space for buttons below it. My interest is to be able to add more buttons on 1st screen so we don't have to scroll at all to get more functionality.

My thought on this is that if I want more details I will go to the Tessie phone app or the web anyways. Most of the time I need the watch to get a simple action completed with as little interaction / time etc as possible. On that note, can we have an option to have 2 rows of buttons? 2 x 3 on the first glance would be awesome!

On a related note, I would like to be able to map the Tessie app to open with the Watch Ultra Action Button. Action button mapping is possible for some apps and not possible for others. I am guessing this might be an Apple limitation. It would be great if you could investigate and see if this is possible to do.

Thank you so much for your responses on this forum and prompt support for the app.

Good ideas. Unfortunately the rectangular designs I've tried look quite awful on round watches. It's hard to guarantee "above the fold" controls because of the various alert indicators (Sentry, doors, etc.) but I'm working on watch UI refinements to see what I can do here.

Reactions: OldManCan
Good ideas. Unfortunately the rectangular designs I've tried look quite awful on round watches. It's hard to guarantee "above the fold" controls because of the various alert indicators (Sentry, doors, etc.) but I'm working on watch UI refinements to see what I can do here.

Thank you for your kind response. I hope you can take some of this forward. I didn't realize Android & Apple Watch designs are the same and I can see how the round watch design (Android) throws a challenge here. If possible please optimize for each platform separately so we get the most out of our watches.

Also if it possible to get the 2nd confirmation to be optional once a button is pressed on the watch? This could be a settings option where if I tap Open Frunk it just opens it without another confirmation question. Thanks again for considering.

Also if it possible to get the 2nd confirmation to be optional once a button is pressed on the watch? This could be a settings option where if I tap Open Frunk it just opens it without another confirmation question. Thanks again for considering.

It would have to be able to sense proximity (like the phone app) otherwise you risk opening the Frunk accidentally when you are miles away ... it's not like you can hastily close it again by pressing the button ... once it's released it needs human intervention.

It would have to be able to sense proximity (like the phone app) otherwise you risk opening the Frunk accidentally when you are miles away ... it's not like you can hastily close it again by pressing the button ... once it's released it needs human intervention.

Very fair comment. Thanks for the suggestion. Totally agreed.

Apple watch app already knows the proximity. if Bluetooth connected then it means I'm in visual range. If no BT connect but sending command over Internet then it means confirmation needed.

Very fair comment. Thanks for the suggestion. Totally agreed.

Apple watch app already knows the proximity. if Bluetooth connected then it means I'm in visual range. If no BT connect but sending command over Internet then it means confirmation needed.
Yes, I believe that's how the Tesla app does it so it may well be possible for the watch too. EDIT: Unless the watch Bluetooth is connected to your phone rather than the car ... so a confirmation between phone and watch needed. No idea if this is technically feasible.

Yeah, the Tesla app performs this confirm/don't-confirm magic via Bluetooth proximity.

I find randomly getting rid of confirmation prompts to be a very troublesome UX, and a psychological and legal liability, so I have no intention on implementing magic prompts like that.

The problem with getting rid of confirmation prompts on the watch is when moisture touches the watch it will now control your car. And in some cases, that is going to be super dangerous. I already get emails asking if Tessie was hacked because they tapped their wrist accidentally or went swimming or washed their hands (Tessie has an audit log of where and how controls are pressed) - and that's with a prompt already. The problem without a prompt goes waaaaaay up. I'm still thinking of if there's a safe way to handle this. Maybe an option to disable it with a very obnoxious legal disclaimer. 😁