Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doh! Didn't see the Costs tab at the top of the screen.

I just re-tested most of the controls. The three that fail are Vent Windows, Flash and Honk. (I tested all but Start Charging, Unlock Port, Sentry and Valet). I will send my email address to your support account.

In about four or five attempts to log into dash.tessie.com I've had about three that have refused to accept the verification code. Once I quit/relaunched my browser (Safari) and the page loaded without logging in. Just now I brought up the page and it loaded without asking me for my email. Maybe because the cookie hadn't expired? And I am behind an ad blocker (Pi Hole) so I'll have to do some testing with and without Pi Hole being active. It's not unusual for Pi Hole to cause a problem here and there.

I saw the option for switching to the new code/new APIs. Can one switch back and forth? When do you anticipate everyone will have to switch?

Many thanks for your help today!
Google infrastructure is used as our backend so ad blockers will frequently block the app. I would suggest whitelisting tessie.com.

Yep, you can switch back and forth. It will be required in 2024, exact timing based on when Tesla requires it.

Google just started experiencing a global outage which may have been related to your intermittent errors earlier. Can follow these for updates:

https://status.tessie.com/incident/287729
https://status.firebase.google.com/incidents/JH8hiSsfnSZHMdZqFTaC
https://status.cloud.google.com/incidents/iRvJVnsbz8T47ySiy5Hg#PsdLE8rUi9SeXTKz6wWy
Interesting. We had identified two domains to whitelist last evening. I just now disabled those two entries and I was able to log on. I'll do some more testing later today to test things out.

Thanks for the update and information.

Hi, I’m not seeing safety scores on my drives for the past few days. Toggling the display safety score option doesn’t seem to do anything other than remove the safety scores from a few days and back. The last few days don’t seem to have this data. Any idea what’s causing this?

Hi, I’m not seeing safety scores on my drives for the past few days. Toggling the display safety score option doesn’t seem to do anything other than remove the safety scores from a few days and back. The last few days don’t seem to have this data. Any idea what’s causing this?
They're phasing out third party access to Safety Score unfortunately. Hopefully they bring it back with their new systems they're working on.

You can now enable end-to-end encryption between Tessie and your Tesla! This is experimental, but should be working. Please email any issues or weird behavior to [email protected]. In a perfect world, you notice no changes.

1. Enable Next-Gen under Settings > Connectivity
2. Force close the Tesla app on your phone and visit https://tesla.com/_ak/tessie.com

Google infrastructure is used as our backend so ad blockers will frequently block the app. I would suggest whitelisting tessie.com.

Just to wrap this up, I did identify six domains that Pi-hole was blocking when I attempted to log on to dash.tessie.com. I decided to not whitelist them because at least two of them looked like they might let ads through. There are no ads on dash.tessie.com, but I was worried about the new whitelisted items letting ads through elsewhere.

However, I did discover that when I get the "unable to sign in" at dash.tessie.com, I could simply refresh the page and I was in. So that's what I'll do for now.

Tesla is completely revamping vehicle telemetry with substantially more energy data, so the energy usage should be able to be sent directly to Tessie from your car without any intermediary calculation. Their current system is being phased out and I don't have any plans to build further on top of it.

When you gave this reply, were you referring to the new API that is part of the experimental connection? Because it seems the Tessie Wh / mi shown is still off due to not considering the buffer in the calculations.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Been using Tessie for a couple of years now and one complaint I have is the fuel cost setpoint does not work the same as the electric cost setpoint. When I adjust fuel price it changes all the fuel costs instantly and retroactively, I feel like it should work the same as the electric cost and only take effect from when the change is made, and if the user wants to retroactively apply it then it should ask...

Also it would be awesome to have a comparison view for users with two or more Teslas.

Otherwise I am enjoying the lifetime membership and it's the best app out there imo.

Reactions: James@Tessie