Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
James - noticed a bug in the app when installing an update. Percentage on the main app screen shows 100% throughout install, when in fact it’s 10% or 30% etc. clicking on the installing button to see the detail shows the correct %. I have a screen recording video if you want one. No need to follow up otherwise. Thanks.
Just looked here and update percentage is also not rendering correctly on the front screen for me. iOS v13.1.4, if that helps.

I had a previous version installed (not sure of the version number, sorry) that rendered correctly, but updating to 13.1.4 on iOS broke the display so I think that's a relatively recent regression somewhere.
It was erroneously showing the download progress (100%) instead of the install progress. Fixed in the next update. Thanks for the reports!

Hi James,

you added support for Polish in the latest release. Thing is, this is not Polish, at least not 100%. It seems to be a mix of Polish and some other Slavic language.

Let me know if I can help with that. I did some software localizations in the past.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hi James,

you added support for Polish in the latest release. Thing is, this is not Polish, at least not 100%. It seems to be a mix of Polish and some other Slavic language.

Let me know if I can help with that. I did some software localizations in the past.
Yeah, this is a bug in the localization file which should be fixed in the next beta, thank you.

Hello. I would like to ask if it is possible to obtain the vehicle's orientation through the API. That is, whether it is facing north, south, etc...

This would help me create different automations depending on whether the car is entering or leaving the house.

Did energy use (Wh/mi) calculations change back to the old method recently? Back when direct telemetry was first enabled in March, I was seeing Wh/mi that closely matched what the car showed, but after a bunch of road tripping this past week, I noticed that Tessie is back to showing about 5% higher than the car shows on every drive, even really long 200+ mile drives.

Did energy use (Wh/mi) calculations change back to the old method recently? Back when direct telemetry was first enabled in March, I was seeing Wh/mi that closely matched what the car showed, but after a bunch of road tripping this past week, I noticed that Tessie is back to showing about 5% higher than the car shows on every drive, even really long 200+ mile drives.
It uses the BMS stats from the latest charge as part of the algorithm for energy usage of the latest drive. So, depending on BMS calibration and the last time you charged, it might not match the car.

Very soon, we're going to be upgrading to the BMS's real-time capacity metric for driving energy usage, which should close any gap between the two numbers, assuming the in-car UI isn't using some special algorithm.

In fact, I could use your car as a test for this. Please email [email protected] with your account email, the drive and the Wh/mi the in-car UI showed. Thank you!

Reactions: gtg465x
James, is there any data feed coming from the new direct Tesla Telemetry & API on AP & FSD usage? Currently Tesla offers no statistics and I'm sure many like me would like to have some data available on their usage of these technologies. I would like to see the following if possible :

Miles driven on FSD
Miles driven on AP
# of FSD/AP gets disabled by driver

Thanks much for considering all this. Most appreciated

Bringing this question back. I hope this can be considered if the API allows. Thank you

Hi, Lifetime subscriber to Tessie here

I set a one-off automation yesterday to start charging my M3LR at 0200, together with an associated stop charging at 0530 (to avoid me going into daytime rates). However, the charge did not take place. This is the first time this has ever happened to me with Tessie.

I'm on Octopus IO, but had made sure Smart Charging was off, because I was at 80% and wanted to get to 100% (which IO never quite reaches for me!). I don't use the Tesla app for setting charges.

Could be coincidence, but this was the first charge I'd set up in Tessie after updating to the new API.

Is there any way I can tell what went wrong, as obviously I'd rather this didn't happen again?

Many thanks

Rob

Similarly to this, my automations aren't working now either....

1718708351435.jpeg

Hi, Lifetime subscriber to Tessie here

I set a one-off automation yesterday to start charging my M3LR at 0200, together with an associated stop charging at 0530 (to avoid me going into daytime rates). However, the charge did not take place. This is the first time this has ever happened to me with Tessie.

I'm on Octopus IO, but had made sure Smart Charging was off, because I was at 80% and wanted to get to 100% (which IO never quite reaches for me!). I don't use the Tesla app for setting charges.

Could be coincidence, but this was the first charge I'd set up in Tessie after updating to the new API.

Is there any way I can tell what went wrong, as obviously I'd rather this didn't happen again?

Many thanks

Rob
If an automation fails, it'll send you a notification with instructions on how to fix it. Do you have notifications turned on?

You likely need to add the key to your car: tessie.com/key