Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How will the exoskeleton of hardened stainless steel work regarding impact safety ??? If the truck body doesn't dissipate the impact, the human bodies inside will absorb it instead - that's why the light weight crush-able materials used on most modern vehicle disintegrate in crashes, but passengers survive...just seems there's a lot of questions about the structure, safety, and feasibility with current regulations that need to be addressed...

FB_IMG_1574399438911.jpg

(Stolen from @Chancellor32 on FB)

I think it looks pretty good. It’ll be interesting to see how close the final product looks to this form. It will definitely sell. Not something I need or want, but can understand this will appeal to a lot of people! It’s a good move by Tesla I think. Not sure how I feel about having these behemoths zipping around the roads with FSD though...

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Rivian design looks boring now. BORING.

Live on the edge people, you already bought a Tesla car, buy a badass Truck.....It practically says "**** you" while driving it.

Many of us deadheads dont want to say that while driving...

As for Rivian..when they unveiled so many cool features
..storage space for golf clubs or surfboard or tools....built in fold out seats....what did tesla show us? You could walk down my street and see 10 buffed pick ups with no scratches. ...not a pro lem that needed to be solved.

Stick to the mission Tesla.

First principles...learning from mistakes (doors model x)...sounds like plain old rhetoric right now. I mean on stage Elon did not even learn from his mistake...and he repeated it in under 10 seconds.

How will the exoskeleton of hardened stainless steel work regarding impact safety ??? If the truck body doesn't dissipate the impact, the human bodies inside will absorb it instead - that's why the light weight crush-able materials used on most modern vehicle disintegrate in crashes, but passengers survive...just seems there's a lot of questions about the structure, safety, and feasibility with current regulations that need to be addressed...
Imagine it hitting a pedestrian. Yikes.

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
My immediate response was utter shock and thinking it looks like a pyramid. However, the innovations and additional info made the truck more attractive. By the end of the show I thought the truck is pretty badass.

Love the retractable covered tonneau cover and "bulletproof" elements of the truck. Reveal of Tri-Motor option, 500-mile range, 0-60 in 2.9 and carries up to six people and gear! That is pretty awesome and starts at $39,900. The design is already growing on me and I love that it is unique and immediately separates itself from the crowd. Unmistakable Tesla design. Goofy Rivian truck doesn't show any innovation and looks like a character from a Pixar movie.

Last edited:
Many of us deadheads dont want to say that while driving...

As for Rivian..when they unveiled so many cool features
..storage space for golf clubs or surfboard or tools....built in fold out seats....what did tesla show us? They could walk down my street and see 10 buffed pick ups with no scratches.

Stick to the mission.
They did stick to the mission - low cost EV truck means they have advanced on battery tech.

All that storage stuff Rivian has is fluff. It's a ****ing truck, throw your *sugar* in the bed. :)

Reactions: wesley888