Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On I-77 Marietta, the Hampton Inn by the bridge, straight off the exit without congestion, would be a great location.

I put in a request for a new site, fingers crossed.
my trips to the old family farm will turn ice-less the instant there is a Marietta Supercharger, or even a Destination Charger somewhere n the area. Even Athens would work for me.

i still can't believe the permit hasn't been pulled for the Mansfield supercharger yet. I was told it would be early 2016, also told that the main map they (tesla store employee) show a red dot on Mansfield. ugh i hope it is soon. I've been considering paying for the upgraded battery pack (60-90)

Hopefully soon. I am going to be bummed if I have to rent a car for my trip in august, but I am not sure 100% sure I will be able to make it from the columbus to cleaveland supercharger with 4 adults and luggage in my 60. A quick stop at Mansfield would make this leg easy.

Grove City (Columbus) to Macedonia (Cleveland) is only 140 miles. Should be easy to do.

My 60 is down to 168 miles on a 90% charge. According to EV trip planner, with the 4 adults in the car, a reasonable HVAC setting, and speed multiplier of 1.2, I will need 54.4 kWh's to make that leg. Going to be cutting it close, would definitely need to do a full range charge before making the attempt, adding significant charge time to each stop. I guess it just comes down to how much range buffer do I feel that I need.

My 60 is down to 168 miles on a 90% charge. According to EV trip planner, with the 4 adults in the car, a reasonable HVAC setting, and speed multiplier of 1.2, I will need 54.4 kWh's to make that leg. Going to be cutting it close, would definitely need to do a full range charge before making the attempt, adding significant charge time to each stop. I guess it just comes down to how much range buffer do I feel that I need.

I think I’ve found the problem, dude. I don’t know if you realize it, but EVTripplanner says that the speed multiplier is based on the prevailing speed of traffic, not on the speed limit. The speed limit on I-71 from Columbus to Cleveland is 70 mph, so prevailing traffic is probably about 75 mph. You are using a speed multiplier of 1.2?! That’s a speed of 90 mph!! You say you are worried about making it. Well, I have a rather obvious suggestion… Unless, you’re worried about not making it because of the police impounding your car for going that fast, which could be a real concern.

I think I’ve found the problem, dude. I don’t know if you realize it, but EVTripplanner says that the speed multiplier is based on the prevailing speed of traffic, not on the speed limit. The speed limit on I-71 from Columbus to Cleveland is 70 mph, so prevailing traffic is probably about 75 mph. You are using a speed multiplier of 1.2?! That’s a speed of 90 mph!! You say you are worried about making it. Well, I have a rather obvious suggestion… Unless, you’re worried about not making it because of the police impounding your car for going that fast, which could be a real concern.

That will definitely make a difference. I assumed it was based off of the speed limit (65 is what I was assuming) I used 1.2 to allow myself to set the cruise at 70-75 to go with the flow of traffic. Definitely not traveling 90 mph.

That will definitely make a difference. I assumed it was based off of the speed limit (65 is what I was assuming) I used 1.2 to allow myself to set the cruise at 70-75 to go with the flow of traffic. Definitely not traveling 90 mph.
When in doubt, just click on 'steps' or 'details' to see the average speed of each leg. To avoid having all the short surface street legs listed, you can set the minimum length of the leg shown via the slide bar.

Maumee Supercharger

Visited Maumee Supercharger today. It is almost at the end of the Meijer parking lot. Meijer is little away from the supercharger, but these places are very close to it.

(2) Deet's BBQ

Just stopped at the Maumee SC yesterday. Had great food at Deet's. The actual SC location is a little hard to spot if you've never
been there before. No other cars there when we arrived; one more was charging when we left.