Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old Habits / New Habits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 24 hrs... My challenges are:
I keep reaching for the ignition.
Still trying to judge regen distances.
Car barks at me cuz I'm a two foot driver! One on brake, one on accelerator... Old habits!
Biggest challenge... Realizing I actually own this after almost 3 years.

The actual problem with the "pedal overlap" error is that the pedals are too close together and they are not offset enough.
For me at least, that's not the issue. The issue is the annoying noise when dealing with accelerating from a street light facing uphill, without kissing the car behind me.

If they added a hillhold (no advance, no retreat, just hold position) option for the Creep setting, then I'd be fine.

I love auto-headlights. Auto-wipers on the other hand, meh. I keep the wipers turned off in my Mercedes until it rains and then I turn them on auto until the rain is finished.
This. I found the auto behavior of the wipers slightly annoying (and that's without the rain!) so I just treat them like manual wipers. Will be interesting when get more rain around here.

- - - Updated - - -

My habit is that after driving the S for a couple weeks I'm now back to the ICE and keep reaching for the shifter on the steering column.

New habit was just walking away from the car to lock it. Loved that! Having to deal with actual keys makes me remember the locks on the other car.

Btw, my wife loves the car except for the looks it still gets. She sometimes feels like a celebrity. Just this morning she had somebody pacing the car taking pictures while going down I-80...

New habit: math gymnastics. Keep figuring out range if I drove like this or like that. Not range anxiety, but interested in the limits of the car.....I keep coming back to the idea that I could get to 400 miles.

(This one should wear off).
For me, I'm not sure it will. I think it will drive me to write an app (WTB SDK) that allows me to make projections with nice graphs and such.

While my Model S is being serviced, I'm driving my Suburban again. On the interstate/freeway, I push the turn signal lever up and release -- then remember it doesn't automatically give me 3 blinks!

Drove to the airport for work yesterday in my wife's Corolla, solely to keep it from going stale (she has a work car). It was a complete joke. I laughed for the first 5 minutes of the drive (out loud) when I pushed the pedal down and nothing happened. Hehe I was so used to the instantaneous torque of the S that the absence of ANYTHING seemed completely pitiful.

The ICE was noisy, rough, and powerless. Just a crappy drive experience.

I picked up the rental car when I got to my destination. Mazda 5. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

About 2 hours ago, I pulled into an Applebee's parking lot. Put the Mazda in park, and stepped out of the driver's seat. I sure felt stupid when I heard an engine noise and realized I hadn't turned the engine off!

Every time I get back into an ICE it reminds me that I will never drive an ICE again.