Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i am filling out the financing credit application online.
It says total price $66,700. What additional fees go on top of all that, just the 13% tax?
I just want to calculate my down payment % and what i want to put up front. Thanks all.

So i am filling out the financing credit application online.
It says total price $66,700. What additional fees go on top of all that, just the 13% tax?
I just want to calculate my down payment % and what i want to put up front. Thanks all.
Here's my totals from the financing terms I received yesterday - can't guarantee its exactly right but going to be very close...

CONFIGURATION PRICE
$72,000.00 ($70,700 + $1,300 delivery)

OMVIC $10.00
TIRE FEE $14.20
AC TAX $100.00

TAXABLE AMOUNT $72,124.20
TAX RATE 13.000%

APPROXIMATE SALES TAX $9,376.15

APPROXIMATE FEES (Government License Fee & PPSA) $307.00

APPROXIMATE SUBTOTAL $81,683.15

Last edited:
Here's my totals from the financing terms I received yesterday - can't guarantee its exactly right but going to be very close...

CONFIGURATION PRICE
$72,000.00

OMVIC $10.00
TIRE FEE $14.20
AC TAX $100.00

TAXABLE AMOUNT $72,124.20
TAX RATE 13.000%

APPROXIMATE SALES TAX $9,376.15

APPROXIMATE FEES (Government License Fee & PPSA) $307.00

APPROXIMATE SUBTOTAL $81,683.15
You forgot to add delivery and freight of $1300.00

Reactions: Muskol
Harper raised debt larger than any other government in Canadian federal history. .somehow I think your bias is showing.

Keep in mind that was during the 2008 Financial Crisis as a result of much needed stimulus.

Trudeau and his $30 billion DEFICITS is just plain ugly and there is nothing to show for it other than Social Justice BS

Harper raised debt larger than any other government in Canadian federal history. .somehow I think your bias is showing.
excuse me???

There is no bias in what I said. Andrea specifically said.. she will pay for these programs by raising taxes...

where is the bias???

Also... I'm actually not voting for any party this time around because I don't like ANY of the candidates (I will still go to the voting polls.. but just not gonna vote for anyone).

*Facepalm

Also.. since you really want to go there..
Prime Minister Trudeau on track to set record for increasing federal debt: op-ed

Or if pictures are more your thing...

blogInfog.jpg
accumulated-deficits.png

Im not saying... nor have I ever said that the conservatives did not increase debt... (though to be fair.. we did have that global recession.. remember??? we also fared the best through that recession.. remember?? They also reduced the federal sales tax rate by 2% points.. remember??)

They were however faaar from perfect (especially on climate related issues)

NDP at the provincial level has worked before (west and east) and likely will again, but not sure at the federal level.
The NDP was in Ontario when the low hanging fruit (result of the new free trade deal) was starting to leave Canada and it began to hollow out the industrial sector of Ontario.

And no one died from bad drinking water under that government......and the 407 wasn't traded away for a 99 year lease either under the NDP.

Just wondering if this is the right thread/forum for a political debate... What might be relevant to the thread on the EHVIP rebate are the policies each party has put forth for such programs, rather than everyone's opinions/thoughts/statements on how good or bad each party is, and how they've done. Relevant facts about the rebates related to EVs from each parties past positions might also be interesting. However, I'm worried about the discussion deteriorating otherwise (it hasn't yet, but you never know).

Just my 2 cents...

we also fared the best through that recession.. remember??
And 6 months before that hit, Harper wanted to relax mortgage rules in Canada. And your chart of deficits, best to use logarithmic scale charts for any discussion along these lines. And Harper climbed out of a recession when oil went up over 100 bucks a barrel.

It's easy to balance books when one sticks a finger in the ground and dollar bills come gushing out.

I'm not suggesting this was done in purpose, but this is terribly misleading. Government spending is irrelevant in this discussion. Results are what matters. Mulroney's debt and deficit numbers are horrible. Sure, he kept government spending down, but his policy of blinding cutting taxes hurt the money the government took it, and the debt increased immensely under his time as PM. Trudeau's spending went up, but the deficit was even and debt was even paid down toward the end (again, terribly misleading). Yes, gov't spent more money, but it had more money. It's an irrelevant chart.

I hope Elon Musk would have a strong lobbyist to get the incentives going for the enthusiasts in Canada. You can't just sit on innovation in this bad weather, you gotta dirty your hands in politics to get correct agenda to be successful. Else the earth will die sooner than expected.

Reactions: navguy12
After seeing the debate tonight I wonder if we might have an NDP govt.
Forum's poll today has PC 40, OLP 23, NDP 33, Green 4. While this is a Forum poll (they haven't always been the most accurate), this is, so far as I can see, a new high for the NDP in this campaign. It seems possible that the progressive vote may be starting to line up behind the NDP. If half of the remaining Liberal support goes to the NDP before election day, we may be looking at an NDP government.

So, to stay on topic here, have we gotten any more detail on the NDP approach to EV rebates, whether the current rebate or something else?