Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s odd you guys are having to do this yourselves. When I purchased my Model S I signed the document at the store and never did another thing. They must be short staff or it’s something we pay for when we get an S or X....for the price it’s the least they could do.

Reactions: johndorian
The bill of sale is just the purchase agreement right?
Yes.
Also, sent mine in just now, no bounceback.

Here is my bounce back from a few moments ago:
Capture2.PNG

Reading "Scenario 1" in the EHVIP Guide (2096E_Guide.pdf) Appendix B suggests Tesla must sign section K.3 for your application to be elligible. I will be bringing the last page of the EHVIP application form along with me tomorrow for a representative to sign.

Scenario 1: I bought my car but did not get a discount equal to the incentive on the total price from the dealer
If you did not get price reduction from the dealer, you must submit your application to the Ministry of Finance. The Ministry of Finance will issue your incentive to you directly once your application is approved. To get your incentive you must:

1. Apply the incentives to the purchase price of the vehicle after all applicable costs and taxes have been applied
2. Open the online Application Form
3. Complete Sections A and B (if the vehicle has dual registrants, the applicant must ensure both owners sign the application)
4. Proceed to and complete Section E
5. Include all required documentation noted in Section F
6. Read and confirm you agree with all the declaration/consent statements Section H
7. Read the data provision section G
8. Read Section I
9. Read the Freedom of Information notice in Section J
10. Print the signature page of the completed form
11. Sign K.1 (applicant) and K.3 (dealership or leasing company warrant) and K.5 (data provision) in Section K (if the vehicle has dual registrants, both owners must sign the application). Scan this page
12. Send the completed application with all attachments to the Ministry of Finance as identified in Section J.

I'm gonna call them first thing tmrw. Sections B4, C, and K3 all need clarification.

Ya I’m pretty confused. I purchased outright and thought K3 was “if the vehicle was leased” but now I’m not so sure the or is very confusing in this:
“Dealer or Leasing Company Warrant (if the vehicle is leased)”

The brackets should be before ‘Warrant’.

I didn’t have K3 signed. Will they reject my application? Any luck getting dealership to fill?

Ya I’m pretty confused. I purchased outright and thought K3 was “if the vehicle was leased” but now I’m not so sure the or is very confusing in this:

I didn’t have K3 signed. Will they reject my application? Any luck getting dealership to fill?

Ugh. They're making this form really difficult. I thought I had the form filled out correctly, but based on the last few pages it seems there are different interpretations of each section.

Reactions: navguy12
Reading "Scenario 1" in the EHVIP Guide (2096E_Guide.pdf) Appendix B suggests Tesla must sign section K.3 for your application to be elligible. I will be bringing the last page of the EHVIP application form along with me tomorrow for a representative to sign.

I think that a call to the MTO is necessary here.

The confusing part is that on page 10 of the guide (just before "Scenario 1") they have a different numbering system for Section K (see the image below)

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 9.25.58 PM.PNG

According to this K.2 you are getting a signature from the "Dealership or Leasing Company" stating that the vehicle is complement with the program. But on K.3 of the application form (and K.3 in the image above) there is a explicit statement about the car having to be leased.

On the application form "K.3 Dealership or Leasing company Warrant (if vehicle is leased)"

This last part (if vehicle is leased) suggests to me that K.3 is a requirement ONLY "if the vehicle is leased".

So the question is, does the Ministry need a signature from Tesla saying that they have read YOUR declaration/consent statements in this application (for the rebate) and that the vehicle is compliant with the program requirements. It is beyond me why they would need Tesla to say that the vehicle is compliant when the vehicle is on the MTO's eligibility list.

Johndorion - please let us know what Tesla says about this tomorrow.

I think that the brackets are in the right place. They refer to "Dealer or Leasing Company Warrant" elsewhere in the guide (see image below):

Again, confusing because they refer to the Warrant as K.2. here, but as K.3 on the application (K.2 on the application does not apply to us because Tesla did not apply for the rebate on our behalf).

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 9.25.58 PM.PNG

My personal interpretation is that K.3 on the application is ONLY relevant to people who are leasing the vehicle. The application (Sections A-H) is establishing that YOU (the person that paid for it) warrant that the vehicle is eligible for the rebate. Since you are not leasing from Tesla or a leasing company (i.e. they have not contributed to the payment for the vehicle), there is no need for them to warrant anything (other that you have purchased the car - which they do in the bill of sale).

So, I don't think that you had to get Tesla to sign K3 (since you did not lease).

Clarification from the MTO would be helpful.

Reactions: noicepls
K2 is definitely to assign the incentive to a dealership where they provide you the discount upfront.
K3 seems to require the seller to warrant that the car and the buyer meet the requirements for the rebate and they have to sign saying they won’t scam the system and if they do they’re sol next time and have to pay the amount themselves.

Anyway my reading is k1 is for purchases and the rest is for leases and assigns of the rebate to dealerships. Having said all of that, Appendix B and the first scenario (purchase) says k3, dealership to sign. So I’m bringing the form with me.

Last edited:
I read and filled out the form only, seemed straight forward with the exception that I purchased on the 30th but the vehicle was registered on the 29th. I used the 29th, signed k1 and k4. Put a zero in for lease as I noted above that it was not leased. Submitted Friday afternoon, no auto reply if I don't get one tomorrow I will have to call, checked junk mail.

I was going through Appendix B and it seems, Dealer signature are required on K3. I was lazy enough not to submit the application so far after enjoying the car for four days lol. Scenario 1 of Appendix is given below:

View attachment 306323

Only issue with that is Tesla has no dealers. Frankly I think we're running into the fact the M3 is the first Tesla listed vehicle in this program, and the parameters of the program don't match Tesla's setup. Who's supposed to sign it for all the ppl that already picked up? Random guy in the retail store?

I'll just go to Oakville SC tomorrow and have them sign K3.. from the looks of Scenario 1 we need them to sign.

Need to go there anyways to program one my keys... I forgot to check at delivery time and it didn't work when I was at home.