Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in case if you missed model 3 twitter/facebook posts. here what Doug Ford told

fordnation.jpeg

In case you missed this older post Ontario EHVIP Rebate for the Model 3 - Information Thread

Yeah I know. Just don't see that standing up. Ever. Especially given how the other program was shut down properly just recently.

I agree - The GreenON cancellations and the wind down timelines given is most likely the way we should see any remaining programs including the EVIP rebates handled by the new Government.

This should make any people with submitted applications feel a little better - however until the formal announcements are made and wind down timelines explained, we just won't know. So I doubt any of us will sit easy until this happens.

Based on what I've been reading - they are likely processing applications submitted first week of April - so I am not expecting a rebate until mid-August. Having been through this before (Pacifica PHEV) - once an application is approved, the money is deposited (if using bank deposit) within 24 hours.

Have a feeling the rebate will be good till September. What do some of u think if I order this weekend I’ll be able to pick up the car before September and submit for the rebate? Really wanted to wait for the AWD but 14K is yummy.

I just placed an order yesterday, hoping to still qualify for the rebate. When I ordered, they quoted 4-8 weeks for delivery which means mid-August on the long end.

We spoke to the MTO today and they confirmed they are continuing to process rebates although they are way behind due to the number of recent applications. She advised the directive from Doug Ford yesterday does not affect the program at this point. There would have to be an official announcement specific to the EHVIP program.

Did you get the name of the person you spoke with?

I called the Ministry of Finance and it does not have to be installed to get the rebate. You can still get up to $500 on 50% of the charger. The guide also does not state it needs to be installed to claim the charger rebate.

I think your guy was smoking too much weed.

Electric vehicle charging incentive program

You will need to provide proof of installation by showing your certificate of inspection issued by the ESA. The certificate can be obtained from the electrical contractor who installed the charging station or from the ESA if the installation was completed by an employee or a homeowner.

Reactions: McFlurri
Well damn!

I'm still waiting on my delivery... Anyone know how quickly they submit the paperwork upon delivery? Or does it get processed from a VIN assignment preemptively?

I figure no matter what, as long as it's submitted before they cancel it, it'll be fine.... *fingers crossed*

You submit the paperwork - they don’t do it for you. And you can’t submit until you get the car registered i.e. after taking delivery of the car.

Hi everyone!
Just confirming what other members have posted here:
  1. Is it highly unlikely that the AWD option, which should be available in a few months, will not be eligible for the EHVIP rebate?

I think it's highly likely that by the day Doug Ford takes office it'll be cancelled. But the question is whether they will do what they did with the GreenON and give until the end of Jul to submit paperwork for existing orders etc.... That's all up in the air and is the part really scaring me at the moment.