Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it was easy to oust the senior executive team - he would have been doing this as one of his first acts. At the end of the day - he has every right as a majority stake holder to try to get rid of the board of directors and there are provisions set up, however he has to also prove the Board and the Leadership team have acted in gross negligence - not an easy task when since H1 became private have shown significant improvements in areas like billing.

Unfortunately whatever he is choosing to do will cost all taxpayers money. Even if he manages to get his "6 million dollar man" out, Mayo walks away with 10 million. Even leaving Cap and Trade will cost money dealing with lawsuits (Federal / State / Provincial) and likely payback in credits to all companies who already purchased credits to the tune of 2.9 Billion, how is Doug dealing with all this? Instead of the macho, standing up for the People of Ontario - set a proper plan in motion, exit Cap and Trade in a timely manner (I believe is in 2020) with a new plan in place. This is why I can't stand politics - hardly any common sense presented by any of the parties.

We'll end up with a higher debt & deficit under the PCs than we would have had the Liberals continued or the NDP take over... I guarantee it.

Well it looks like the GreenOn deadline has been extended to Oct 30th. And applications need to be submitted by November 30th. No new applications will be permitted

Deadline for Ontario's green renovation rebate extended to Oct. 30, Doug Ford announces - CityNews Toronto

So basically this plays into what I was saying - the revenue generated by the Cap and Trade has to be spent on these initiatives. So as long as there is money for the EVIP, and I believe it was fully funded up until 2020 - applications already submitted should be ok, and people taking delivery in the near future should also be ok.

Well it looks like the GreenOn deadline has been extended to Oct 30th. And applications need to be submitted by November 30th. No new applications will be permitted

Deadline for Ontario's green renovation rebate extended to Oct. 30, Doug Ford announces - CityNews Toronto

So basically this plays into what I was saying - the revenue generated by the Cap and Trade has to be spent on these initiatives. So as long as there is money for the EVIP, and I believe it was fully funded up until 2020 - applications already submitted should be ok, and people taking delivery in the near future should also be ok.

THAT .. IS ... AMAZING!!!!!

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
THAT .. IS ... AMAZING!!!!!

I placed a pre-order first day but was waiting on the base model. I’ve since changed this to all-wheel drive in hopes that it’ll release in time to qualify for the rebate. Is this article saying if I receive the car by Fall I’d still qualify for 14K, or only if the car has already been ordered (it has not)?

Been two years without a car waiting for the Model 3, so this rebate fiasco really stings as it’ll mean not being able to get it for me.

Cheers.

I placed a pre-order first day but was waiting on the base model. I’ve since changed this to all-wheel drive in hopes that it’ll release in time to qualify for the rebate. Is this article saying if I receive the car by Fall I’d still qualify for 14K, or only if the car has already been ordered (it has not)?

Been two years without a car waiting for the Model 3, so this rebate fiasco really stings as it’ll mean not being able to get it for me.

Cheers.

No chance you'll get the rebate waiting for a new model. Ford will never add new models to the program before he cancels it. The optics of that would be horrible to his idiot base.

No chance you'll get the rebate waiting for a new model. Ford will never add new models to the program before he cancels it. The optics of that would be horrible to his idiot base.
Idk if insulting people who voted for Ford is the best thing.

Keep in mind 40% of voters voted for him. They are not idiots.. they just have a different opinion than you.(i voted green party fyi).

I do agree with you though that it is very unlikely that we will see any new EV models being added to the EVIP. For anyone on the fence, i would highly recommend placing your order immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: Gen3

Keep in mind 40% of voters voted for him. They are not idiots.. they just have a different opinion than you.(i voted green party fyi).

I do agree with you though that it is very unlikely that we will see any new EV models being added to the EVIP. For anyone on the fence, i would highly recommend placing your order immediately.

I know, I know. Most ppl voted for him cause they wanted to tighten the fiscal taps. Populists depress me tho. So potentially dangerous. Andrew Scheer isn't fighting carbon pricing, why does this moron have to do it?

Realistically, I think the vast majority of the electorate does not give environmental considerations the weight they should. Want to fight over taxation policies? Fine. But global warming? Come on...

Correction: 40% of the people that turned out to vote, it equates to roughly 17% of the population.

Reactions: navguy12

I agree with this, but the real question is just how long the EVIP will last at all, let alone with or without any new models. I highly doubt it'll last to Sep... 80% chance it's cancelled before / during Aug.

Correction: 40% of the people that turned out to vote, it equates to roughly 17% of the population.
Not sure if anyone realizes that 40% one of the highest percentages of the popular vote won in recent history.

I proudly voted PC. However Ford was my 3rd choice for leader. If Elliot or Mulroney got elected leader you would see an even bigger PC majority.

I care about the environment, but not exclusively.

Reactions: sandpiper and Gen3
Not sure if anyone realizes that 40% one of the highest percentages of the popular vote won in recent history.

I proudly voted PC. However Ford was my 3rd choice for leader. If Elliot or Mulroney got elected leader you would see an even bigger PC majority.

I care about the environment, but not exclusively.

I am in the same camp. Hopefully members here don't think we're "idiots" ;)