Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've given up hope on the incentive program (I did send emails to MPPs). But I think it would be nice that, because of the *sugar* that we've been through, Tesla rewards the people left from this whole ordeal. I'm not asking for much (nothing like free AWD or performance model) but perhaps an accelerated delivery?

I've given up hope on the incentive program (I did send emails to MPPs). But I think it would be nice that, because of the *sugar* that we've been through, Tesla rewards the people left from this whole ordeal. I'm not asking for much (nothing like free AWD or performance model) but perhaps an accelerated delivery?

I think it would be an excellent gesture on Tesla's part to offer free EAP to the original owners who patiently waited for the AWD. I.e. those who missed out on the the EVIP, which was an active program when they ordered

• Disagree
Reactions: 03DSG and adaptabl
This is the only angle which has the potential to garner some sympathy and broader support. But I think it will be an incredibly hard sell. Thanks for doing i ho
I warned y'all. The last time CBC interviewed Tesla owners it was for a hit piece.

They'll show you as whiny entitled rich people or something.

There’s no more middle class, just subway riders and hydro one ceos

• Funny
Reactions: mahagala
I think it would be an excellent gesture on Tesla's part to offer free EAP to the original owners who patiently waited for the AWD. I.e. those who missed out on the the EVIP, which was an active program when they ordered
How would they separate those from people who were waiting for SR? Tesla doesn't know what you were waiting for, only what you actually ordered.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
It's on at 6pm on CBC. She seemed to be understanding of what we are going through and I have faith that they are sympathetic.

I don't have too much faith, most people will look at us and said "wow, they are buying $65K car and expect government to give them $14K, good thing Ford cancels the program".

We know what the real story is, but most people don't and they don't really care...

Reactions: adaptabl
Because the AWD was actually ordered, money paid (deposit). The SR has never been available .
Ah, I see. I was confused by the reference to "waiting" and didn't realize this meant only people who actually ordered AWD. There are those who didn't order because they felt the chance of a rebate cancellation was too high. While it's impossible to identify those people (which is the group I was referring to), it would put Tesla in the position of rewarding one group and not another based on their risk tolerance.

No easy answers.

Last edited:
Just watched CBC news - it started about 15 minutes late due to Calgary Stampede coverage.

Immediately before the Tesla story, they covered protests over the PC plan to not increase the mimimum wage further and over the sex-ed curriculum changes.

The Tesla story seemed very fair with an emphasis on it being a more affordable car, and with the government's approach being unfair and inconsistent with Ford's previous statements.

How it played for people not plugged into the topic is another matter. I'd hope that combined with the previous story, some viewers are starting to see a pattern of behaviour by this government.

Reactions: Ludatik and ZsoZso
Tesla just tweeted about this issue on their twitter feed. You can go there to follow the thread

Attachments

• 82A9A29B-DA69-4845-9B20-7353233BFF6F.png
    82A9A29B-DA69-4845-9B20-7353233BFF6F.png
    458 KB · Views: 55